Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your best guess who we pick each round
Try to put yourself in Mike/Dukes shoes and take you best guess who will be the pick in each round. Maybe we can save this for after the draft and see if anyone guessed one or two correct. I’m down with giving someone a prize. A hat, shirt or whatever. I know it’s almost impossible with so many variables to pick correct, it’s just for the fun of it.

Below is my guess. It’s overall meh to me. But who really knows for a couple years anyway.

Tyler Guyton
ОТ |
Oklahoma

T'Vondre Sweat
DLI
Texas

Jonah Elliss
EDGE Utah

Payton Wilson
LB
NC State

Cam Hart
CB Notre Dame

Dallin Holker
TE
Colorado State

Joshua Cephus
WR

Jase McClellan
RBI
Alabama

Eric Watts
DE
Reply/Quote
#18-Tyler Guyton, T, OU
#40-Ja'Lyn Polk, WR, Washington
#80-Maason Smith, DL, LSU
#115-Braelin Allen, RB, Wisconsin
#147-Beax Limmer, IOL, Arkansas
#174-Javon Foster, T, Missouri
#195-Curtis Jacobs, LB, Penn St.
#234-Jarius Monroe, CB, Tulane
#251-Frank Gore Jr., RB, Southern Miss
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think the OP is a good idea and we could make it an annual contest with prizes such as rep and icons.

WTS, it's probably early for the board draftniks to make their final pick, just as I hope the Bengal FO has not. The combine and FA will have a huge bearing on this.

Another option might be "predict the biggest FA signing." of course that would most likely have to wait until 05 MAR
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-06-2024, 02:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the OP is a good idea and we could make it an annual contest with prizes such as rep and icons.

WTS, it's probably early for the board draftniks to make their final pick, just as I hope the Bengal FO has not. The combine and FA will have a huge bearing on this.

Another option might be "predict the biggest FA signing."  of course that would most likely have to wait until 05 MAR

Pshaw, let's have some real prizes, like cash, favorite beer or NA for those who prefer, or I'll even sponsor lap dances from Harley Dog.  Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2024, 02:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the OP is a good idea and we could make it an annual contest with prizes such as rep and icons.

Another option might be "predict the biggest FA signing." of course that would most likely have to wait until 05 MAR

Good points. It is very early for this and I’m sure the draft board will be drastically different by the time the draft rolls around. I will be curious to see how this mock ages.

I absolutely LOVE the draft, maybe too much. It’s my favorite time of year. Every draft I take off work, order buffalo wings, beer and have print outs of player rankings by position. I must have done over 100 mocks already. So the idea you mentioned of doing this each year would be awesome. Make it happen Mods :)
Reply/Quote
#18 - Byron Murphy
#49 - Mike Sainristil/Edgerrin Cooper
#80 - Jalen McMillan
#115 - Zak Zinter
#151 - Tommy Eichenberg
#173 - Ben Sinnott
#196 - Jaylen Harrell
#238 - Taulia Tagovailoa
#254 - Josh Proctor

Notes:
(1) Michigan had a lot of good players this year - Mike Sainristil was considered a first rounder previously but there seems to be a lot of confusion in the rankings. Made key plays in every big game during his career. Zak Zinter was an all-american would be a good depth piece at G in the later rounds, same with Jaylen Harrell.

(2) Edgerrin Cooper would be a second choice for the 2nd, watch his film and get back. Makes NFL plays and has the speed to stay on the field all three downs.

(3) Jalen McMillan - insurance in case something happens to TEE, would provide good backup. Stood out against Michigan in NC game.

(4) Ben Sinnott - looks the part, a lot of interesting TE in the later rounds. I'm looking at him, Cade Stover, and Eric All. As value pieces late in the draft.

(5) 3rd Backup QB - might as well get one.

Other things

A lot of DE/QB left at top of 1st, we might be able to trade back and get serious draft capital this year.

Not a lot of safety, question is could a CB be converted to FS (Kool-Aid Mckinstry?) and if so is that worthy of a 1st or 2nd? Seems to be weak spot on defense.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 12:48 AM)DYT_Bengal Wrote: #18 - Byron Murphy
#49 - Mike Sainristil/Edgerrin Cooper
#80 - Jalen McMillan
#115 - Zak Zinter
#151 - Tommy Eichenberg
#173 - Ben Sinnott
#196 - Jaylen Harrell
#238 - Taulia Tagovailoa
#254 - Josh Proctor

Notes:
(1) Michigan had a lot of good players this year - Mike Sainristil was considered a first rounder previously but there seems to be a lot of confusion in the rankings. Made key plays in every big game during his career. Zak Zinter was an all-american would be a good depth piece at G in the later rounds, same with Jaylen Harrell.

(2) Edgerrin Cooper would be a second choice for the 2nd, watch his film and get back. Makes NFL plays and has the speed to stay on the field all three downs.

(3) Jalen McMillan - insurance in case something happens to TEE, would provide good backup. Stood out against Michigan in NC game.

(4) Ben Sinnott - looks the part, a lot of interesting TE in the later rounds. I'm looking at him, Cade Stover, and Eric All. As value pieces late in the draft.

(5) 3rd Backup QB - might as well get one.

Other things

A lot of DE/QB left at top of 1st, we might be able to trade back and get serious draft capital this year.

Not a lot of safety, question is could a CB be converted to FS (Kool-Aid Mckinstry?) and if so is that worthy of a 1st or 2nd? Seems to be weak spot on defense.

Like the picks. I’ve been leaning towards Murphy, agree with the DB position. Think we need a CB and possibly a S. Like the TE you selected, I’ve been pretty high on him. Wouldn’t mind Holker in the later rounds. As for the Oline, kinda wish we would go after a stud Center and move Karras to LG. Try to fix this line from the inside out. I’ve givin up on Pollack but that’s a rant for another thread.
Reply/Quote