Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your best/worst position
Those that frequent consider themselves somewhat of amateur scouts. What position do you consider your best/worst when predicting NFL success?

Best: DB- Some of the recent I've been a bigger fan of than most:

Josh Norman
Bene Benwikerie
Tre Boston (the Panthers should pay me)
Casey Hayward
Tyrann Mathieu
Jason Verette

Worst QB- A couple notable busts:
Blaine Gabbard
Johnny Manziel

WTS a couple DBs that are impressing me this year (pay attention Carolina)

ARTIE BURNS: Track star with cover-skills that has a big reason to succeed

JONATHAN JONES: NFL is a game of matchups. WRs got bigger, so CBs got bigger, so WRs get smaller, faster, so....

DEON BUSH- Tall, lean Safety that hits with every pound he has. Senior year hurt stock
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like to think I have a good feel for linebackers.

Last few years I had some of my top Backers:

Burfict
Kuechly
Kendricks(vikings)
Mosely
Kwon Alexander
Dawson(tbd)

Some of these were obvious but man I wanted the Bengals to draft them all as I was high on everyone

My worse positions seem to be QB because you never know how a spread option QB will work in a pro-style offense. I also can't seem to pick safeties very well.

I though Carr would be awful and Bridgewater would be a stud, so far it's been the opposite. I wasn't high on newton/wilson, but both have played better than I expected, granted they have stacked teams and the panthers play in a shit division.
Reply/Quote
Looking back I've actually been pretty good with QB's surprisingly.

I liked

Dalton
Wilson
Newton
Carr
Bridgewater
Bortles (last two have looked better recently and I still stand behind those calls)
McCarron (fwiw)

Hated
Manziel
Weeden (any time I really dislike a qb the Browns always seem to pick them lmao makes my day every time)
Quinn (just another Browns example lol)
Gabbert (I really bashed him)
Mallet
Kaepernick (looked like an idiot early on when I was playing well, little smarter now, I still don't like him, tho I think Kelly will work well with him)

Also I really liked both mich state qb's as sleepers (cousins, and hoyer)

And I always thought I was good at DE's especially since I hit the nail on the head with Watt, but lately I've been garbage lol

Liked
Hunt
Clarke
Clowney
Crichton
Kareem Martin (haven't paid attention to how these last two look so far)
Many more names I can't even remember smh
Reply/Quote
WRs:

Odell ( I wanted the Bengals to draft him, when I watched his tape)
Allen Robinson
Mike Evans
Deandre Hopkins

I'd say I'm not bad at predicting receivers Big Grin
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 01:56 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: And I always thought I was good at DE's especially since I hit the nail on the head with Watt, but lately I've been garbage lol

Liked
Hunt
Clarke
Clowney
Crichton
Kareem Martin (haven't paid attention to how these last two look so far)
Many more names I can't even remember smh

I've been pretty crappy at DE as well. Even though both the UK products I liked last year turned out pretty good. 

Reply/Quote
My best / worst position?

I'm really good at doggy-style. But I really pour it on in the missionary position! ThumbsUp
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 06:45 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: My best / worst position?

I'm really good at doggy-style. But I really pour it on in the missionary position!  ThumbsUp

I didn't even have to open this thread to know what this post would say  Hilarious
Reply/Quote

I'm really good at doggy-style. But I really pour it on in the missionary position!  ThumbsUp

Don't sell yourself short, you are amazing at both because you're not afraid to experiment. 

Reply/Quote
The Ravens seems to always draft the late round Olineman that I like every year. Urshel and Wagner in recent memory.

Really liked Zach Martin coming out, but I knew he wasn't going to fall to us.

Didn't like Peter Konz at all, and he proceeded to get Matt Ryan almost killed.

Really liked Weston Richburg and he has been a solid player for the Giants.

I've been pretty good at picking corners too:

I liked Roby, Dennard, Ronald Darby, Janoris Jenkins, and Darius Slay.

Didn't like Kirkpatrick, Claiborne, or Gilmore.

Side note, I pointed out DJ Hayden as a potential late round pick early in the process that year until the Raiders decided to take him in the first round. Whatever

I'm pretty bad at picking Dlineman:

Loved Still, Hunt, Trent Murphy, Bjoern Werner, and Terrance Cody.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty good at defensive backs and wide receivers. Probably because I played that position and coached for a year on a semi-pro team.

My worst? I'd say offensive lineman outside of obvious 1st rounders.

And nose tackles are also iffy with me.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 06:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Don't sell yourself short, you are amazing at both because you're not afraid to experiment. 

What's impressive is he does it to himself. Sick
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Ninja ..... Hilarious Reminds me of an older Eurythmics song.
Reply/Quote
I have a good track record with LBs, poor one with RBs.

Burfict is the one example close to home.

I also thought Bell would be worthless, and David Wilson and Jonathan Franklin would be perennial all pros. So what do I know.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2016, 01:59 AM)TGISunday Wrote: I have a good track record with LBs, poor one with RBs.  

Burfict is the one example close to home.  

I also thought Bell would be worthless, and David Wilson and Jonathan Franklin would be perennial all pros. So what do I know.

I was also low on Bell and high on Franklin. Bell's play is completely different than what I thought it would be coming out of college.

Franklin will always be a big mystery due to injury. He really only had one real game, and that was against the Bengals too.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Best is probably linebacker or O line. Worst is easily WR. A lot of WR's are system based these days in college with the spread.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
RB's are probably my best but probably the easiest to predict too, so not saying much...

RB's i liked that panned out...

AP, i am pretty sure everyone liked this guy but i remember watching him in the East vs West Shrine game and knew he would be great.
Forte, was always high on this guy and thought he would be very good, underrated as all hell.
Jonathan Stewart, he hasn't been as good as i thought he would, but still, he is good.
LeV'eon Bell, thought he would be good when lots said he wouldn't.
Andre Ellington, yet to see if he will be good especially with Johnson in front of him now but love his balance, speed and hands still
Carlos Hyde, everybody thought he would be good though.
Dion Lewis i thought would be very good.
Doug Martin i liked.
Gio i liked a lot. I think he has done well.

i miss them too though...

David Wilson i thought would be great.
Jonathan Franklin i liked lots
Joseph Randle i thought would be good, yet to see.
Montee Ball i thought would be very good, big miss.
Jeremy Hill i overlooked so i cannot say either way if he becomes great or underwelms.

My worst position to rate is definately OL. Too much going on for me. Others on here help me out.
Reply/Quote
I'm normally pretty good at predicting CB.

I called:
Ronald Darby
Marcus Peter
Josh Norman( I knew he would be good, but not this good)

One guy I missed badly was Morris Claiborne
Reply/Quote
I think DE and QB are the two biggest boom or bust positions in the draft.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
QBs.
Some of the ones I thought would be productive over the last decade(ish) that weren't top 10 picks:
Dalton (didn't think he'd be as good as he has been, but I thought he would be a solid starter)
Bridgewater (seems to be progressing well)
Kaepernick (right coach and a stable staff, he could still turnout decent)
Rodgers and Campbell (although I really thought it would be the other way around)
Osweiler & Foles (and I think Wilson was between them, crazy how much talent went after Tannehill and Weeden)

Of course, I also had some big misses. I thoughts Tajh Boyd would be very good, as well as Colt McCoy. And I thought Brian Brohm would be a starter somewhere (I don't think he's even in the league).
Reply/Quote

(01-22-2016, 06:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Don't sell yourself short, you are amazing at both because you're not afraid to experiment. 

Popcorn Tell us more bfine.... Pervert
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote