Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your biggest issue with the Trump administration
(05-31-2018, 01:51 PM)jj22 Wrote: You guys are absolutely right. Trump is a Democrat, always has been and the only reason why he got his base is because he was furious Obama beat his very good friend Hillary Clinton in 2008, and so he turned on Obama. When he realized he had something with the base who hated Obama he road with it.

Truth is Trump and the Clintons are best buds. Their kids are best friends. They were at his weddings, have been financially supported by Trump through the years (who has donated more to them then all of the people in the Mueller investigation combined). He's also great friends with Schumer. Like best buds people! People don't know his story because they just liked that he attacked Obama. They never realized he attacked Obama because Obama beat his great family friend Hillary. It's comical if it wasn't so sad that people are so blinded by political party they don't see or don't want to see this.

If he is such good friends with the Clintons then why is he trying to destroy all of the government policies they support while constantly insulting Hillary?

People are not blinded by party.  They actual have their eyes open and see the policies that Trump supports.  They are basically the opposite of what the Clintons support.

What is comical is the suggestion that anyone should care about secret friendships instead of the actual government policies.
Trump is playing to his base. That's all. He's been elected as a Republican and knows the base like the back of his hand. He's a salesman. His actions are what the Republican party wants. He likes to sign things, but won't hold a press conference because he can't answer the details because he doesn't care to know them. I'm convinced he has no true philosophy. He doesn't really care about the government policies he now supports (Maybe Tax cuts for the rich but that's because they helped him). He just knows that's what the Republican party wants, and is doing what he is told. You get him in a meeting with Dems and he will agree with everything they say too.

His philosophy is to undue everything Obama did. He does hate Obama, but that dates back to 2008 when Obama upset his close family friend Hillary Clinton. He attacks HRC because it's red meat to the base. Just like he attacks Pelosi and Schumer. But truth be told he is great friends with both, and that's just politics. They can attack each other in public but wine and dine together behind closed doors. One of the reasons people hate politicians.

People can and should be against the government policies he supports if they don't agree. But Trump is an empty vessel. They are really against the Republican party, not the person. The person is just a salesman who hit the lotto attacking Obama in 2008. Trump will agree with whoever spoke to him last (or complements him). If you let him do him, he'd be more liberal than conservatives like to admit.

Only those who let Trump dictate their hate for Hillary should care about the secret friendship because Trump is conning them as he gets them all worked up chanting "Lock her up" as he wines and dines with the family he donated millions to behind closed doors.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(05-31-2018, 02:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: Trump is playing to his base. That's all. He's been elected as  a Republican and knows the base like the back of  his hand. He's a salesman. His actions are what the Republican party wants. I'm convinced he has no true philosophy. He doesn't really care about the government policies he now supports (Maybe Tax cuts for the rich but that's because they helped him). He just knows that's what the Republican party wants, and is doing what he is told. You get him in a meeting with Dems and he will agree with everything they say too.

His philosophy is to undue everything Obama did. He does hate Obama, but that dates back to 2008 when Obama upset his close family friend Hillary Clinton. He attacks HRC because it's red meat to the base. Just like he attacks Pelosi and Schumer. But truth be told he is great friends with both, and that's just politics. They can attack each other in public but wine and dine together behind closed doors. One of the reasons people hate politicians.

But just because he likes the Clintons that does not make him a democrat.

His policies determine his political standing, not his friends.
True, but his policies up until 2008 were Democratic..... The only reason they "changed" is because he plays to his base and because he has a need to feel accomplished and will sign anything that the Republicans put in front of him. Strip all that away and we are dealing with a man far more socially and fiscally liberal than any Republican. And that's just fact. Trump doesn't care about spending, he's had to many affairs and wives to be socially conservative. He's promoted Universal healthcare, and has been against these never ending wars, been against "free trade" etc...

I get what you are saying tho Fred. He is doing the work of the Republicans now, and that's what we should care about. But the man, the man isn't a real Republican.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(05-31-2018, 05:32 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: LOL....I'll leave it at that.  I quit posting here for the most part because....well, I can't say without getting banned.  But congrats on chasing away literally every poster that isn't far left.  Science, facts....no place here.   There's no one left here with an opinion worth a shit.  And you know that, just don't burst the bubble.

Of course you will. I don't recall you EVER thought much of posters in this forum.

Climate change, WMDs, Trump's election, felon disenfranchisement--whatever the topic, the pattern is the same."Idiocy" everywhere.

You define others as irrational and stupid while making unsupported claims, then cannot yourself meet the bar you set for others.  That's why you quit posting.    

"Science and facts" don't get people banned in this forum; but that was never what you were here for.  
(05-31-2018, 10:16 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Why is it that EVERY time I have to stand in line at the supermarket, every tabloid newspaper cover I glance at (the National Enquirer, the National Examiner, the Globe, etc.) features a story about how great Trump is and base accusations about Hillary Clinton (usually next to a headline about someone seeing Jesus' face in a cow turd or something similar)... yet Trump people are constantly trying to persuade me about the "liberal hack media" and the "deep state"?

Apparently, I'm not the only one who has noticed this:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/11/us/politics/trump-national-enquirer-american-media.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/president-donald-trump-relationship-national-inquirer-mika-brzezinski-2017-6

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/09/is-the-national-enquirer-in-bed-with-donald-trump

https://boingboing.net/2018/05/23/why-donald-trump-is-the-tabloi.html

[Image: enquirertrump-840x977.jpg]

I think the answer to your question is pretty clear. The Fake News media don't want to admit that WWIII would be a good thing and Trump would crush our enemies. 

More proof that treasonous liberals are on THEIR side. Not ours!
(05-31-2018, 10:47 PM)Dill Wrote: I think the answer to your question is pretty clear. The Fake News media don't want to admit that WWIII would be a good thing and Trump would crush our enemies. 

More proof that treasonous liberals are on THEIR side. Not ours!

Hey, look! Bill O'Reilly is a sex creep?!?!?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(05-31-2018, 10:16 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Why is it that EVERY time I have to stand in line at the supermarket, every tabloid newspaper cover I glance at (the National Enquirer, the National Examiner, the Globe, etc.) features a story about how great Trump is and base accusations about Hillary Clinton (usually next to a headline about someone seeing Jesus' face in a cow turd or something similar)... yet Trump people are constantly trying to persuade me about the "liberal hack media" and the "deep state"?

Apparently, I'm not the only one who has noticed this:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/11/us/politics/trump-national-enquirer-american-media.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/president-donald-trump-relationship-national-inquirer-mika-brzezinski-2017-6

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/09/is-the-national-enquirer-in-bed-with-donald-trump

https://boingboing.net/2018/05/23/why-donald-trump-is-the-tabloi.html

[Image: enquirertrump-840x977.jpg]

Well, I'd say there's a big difference between supposedly legit news sources such as CNN, MSNBC, Yahoo and Huffington Post, and your average smut rag in the checkout aisle. My Mom used to buy those magazines for a good laugh, but most of the general public realizes it's not a real news source. I don't think the same can be said of the actual news sources I mentioned. A lot of folks believe those sources, when they're every bit as twisted as Faux News.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(05-31-2018, 11:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well, I'd say there's a big difference between supposedly legit news sources such as CNN, MSNBC, Yahoo and Huffington Post, and your average smut rag in the checkout aisle. My Mom used to buy those magazines for a good laugh, but most of the general public realizes it's not a real news source. I don't think the same can be said of the actual news sources I mentioned. A lot of folks believe those sources, when they're every bit as twisted as Faux News.

Many Fox commentators say the deep state/FBI is out to get Trump.  They also say that giving Stormy Daniels the key to a CA city just shows how degraded "the left" in America is.

Anything as twisted as that on CNN, MSNBC, Yahoo and Huffington Post ?

(05-31-2018, 11:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well, I'd say there's a big difference between supposedly legit news sources such as CNN, MSNBC, Yahoo and Huffington Post, and your average smut rag in the checkout aisle. My Mom used to buy those magazines for a good laugh, but most of the general public realizes it's not a real news source. I don't think the same can be said of the actual news sources I mentioned. A lot of folks believe those sources, when they're every bit as twisted as Faux News.

My mom has read the Enquirer and others faithfully for forty years. When I call her every two weeks (as I promised her I would 35 years ago when I joined the Army), she will religiously quote me the stories from the rags of the current evil things that Hillary Clinton has done and the wonderful charitable work that our God-chosen President is working on.

Now, my mom is not stupid. Nor is she senile. When she reads a story about "Batboy" or UFO's, she knows it is a load of hooey. But stories about celebrities or political figures in the rags are a different story. She absorbs those hook, line and sinker every time. She is utterly convinced that John Travolta is secretly gay and that Elvis and Jimmy Hoffa are still alive.

Why she would believe those things over "Batboy", I do not know (especially since Batboy is so well documented). But in my experience, she is not alone. I think she represents a rather large number of people of a certain age in this country who are influenced by sensational mags like this. How many? I don't know. But enough to keep these types of magazines on the stands in nearly every supermarket checkout for fifty years or more. For these people, these rags are 'the news'.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Many people still believe Obama was born in Kenya.  Fox News swore it was true.  Same with "death panels" set up by the ACA.  Just recently they were screaming about the "secret society" in the FBI.

Also you'd be amazed how many people believe Alex Jones.
Untrustable.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Trump not bothering to learn the words to the National Anthem nor God Bless America when he constantly bloviates about how essential said songs are comes off as rather irksome to me.

I believe the media and news organizations are corrupt overall anymore as they are not pure and unadulterated news. The media is supposed to be the "4th branch" of the government keeping the other 3 branches in check so to speak. But when they are compromised by higher powers to be that own them, then that in effect compromises democracy.

Anyways..

MSNBC falls under Comcast umbrella, the 1st largest. (GE used to own NBC from the mid 80s to 2009)
ESPN & ABC News falls under Disney, the 2nd largest.
CNN is owned by Time Warner, 3rd largest entertainment company in revenue.
FOX News is owned Fox entertainment group, a subsidiary of 21st Century Fox, the 4th largest.

According to this article from 2012, 90% of what we read, watch, listen to comes from 6 companies. In 1983, that same 90% was 50 companies.

http://www.businessinsider.com/these-6-corporations-control-90-of-the-media-in-america-2012-6
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(06-06-2018, 04:07 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I believe the media and news organizations are corrupt overall anymore as they are not pure and unadulterated news. The media is supposed to be the "4th branch" of the government keeping the other 3 branches in check so to speak. But when they are compromised by higher powers to be that own them, then that in effect compromises democracy.

Anyways..

MSNBC falls under Comcast umbrella, the 1st largest. (GE used to own NBC from the mid 80s to 2009)
ESPN & ABC News falls under Disney, the 2nd largest.
CNN is owned by Time Warner, 3rd largest entertainment company in revenue.
FOX News is owned Fox entertainment group, a subsidiary of 21st Century Fox, the 4th largest.

According to this article from 2012, 90% of what we read, watch, listen to comes from 6 companies. In 1983, that same 90% was 50 companies.

http://www.businessinsider.com/these-6-corporations-control-90-of-the-media-in-america-2012-6

I agree, but these "news" stations are just giving their consumers what they want.  It's simple business.  If/when people prefer to hear the truth rather than a bunch of sensationalistic crap that reinforces their beliefs that they are smart/right/awesome/the only true americans left, then real news will start to make a comeback.

I'm not holding my breath, though.  Our zeal for insane fictional content has gotten a bit out of hand, I'd wager.
(06-06-2018, 04:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I agree, but these "news" stations are just giving their consumers what they want.  It's simple business.  If/when people prefer to hear the truth rather than a bunch of sensationalistic crap that reinforces their beliefs that they are smart/right/awesome/the only true americans left, then real news will start to make a comeback.

I would say the problem is that certain news audiences don't see a difference between "truth" and sensationalist crap that reinforces their beliefs.  They don't say "I know Obama wasn't born in Kenya but I still believe he was because I prefer sensationalist crap." Those who choose sensationalist crap think they ARE choosing "the truth."  When their preferred sources/standards are continually revealed as untrustworthy, their next step is to claim all news is Fake. That keeps the playing field even for them.

But "Real news," if by that you mean accurate reporting based on high journalistic standards, has not gone away at all. It is just a smaller portion of the news offering than it used to be.  We ought to be affirming that and not claiming ALL news sources are now somehow all equally corrupt and biased fake.