Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your combine riser/faller
(02-29-2016, 10:42 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Ragland's mediocre combine also likely puts him out of the first round and he's not the kind of LB the Bengals need anyway since they have one like him in Rey Maualuga.

Ragland tested and moved very well for a big LB. Where did you find it to mediocre? You must remember there the en vogue LB Hybrid used to be LB/DE, but that has changed to LB/S. He's not going to run/jump as well as players 20-30 pounds lighter than him, but he was near the top of every drill for the full-grown LBs.

I actually think Ragland improved his stock over the weekend and he is much, much, much more of an athelete than Rey. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 08:01 PM)3wt Wrote: Love Killebrew - have considered him as a 2nd round pick as a nickel backer.   It would be nice to add another thumper to our gang of "thugs".

Haven't looked at any film of him.  And I hear he's a little tight in the hips, but he hits like a tank and diagnoses/ attacks the run like a son of a gun.   And he's fast enough to cover TEs and RBs.  Would be a definite upgrade from Lamur and would allow the safeties to play safety.

Yeah, i want Killebrew in stripes. He had a slow forty but hey, the dude can play Linebacker for Heck sake.

Takes great angles and like you said would be a definate upgrade over Lamur.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 02:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ragland tested and moved very well for a big LB. Where did you find it to mediocre? You must remember there the en vogue LB Hybrid used to be LB/DE, but that has changed to LB/S. He's not going to run/jump as well as players 20-30 pounds lighter than him, but he was near the top of every drill for the full-grown LBs.

I actually think Ragland improved his stock over the weekend and he is much, much, much more of an athelete than Rey. 

He was much better than i thought he would be no question.

He is still not a coverage Linebacker though and probably never will be.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 03:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He was much better than i thought he would be no question.

He is still not a coverage Linebacker though and probably never will be.

I agree. I don't see us drafting him unless the team wants to bring in Maualuga's eventual replacement. But, depending on free agency, we have too many other needs, like our under achieving DE projects we drafted.

Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 03:26 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I agree. I don't see us drafting him unless the team wants to bring in Maualuga's eventual replacement. But, depending on free agency, we have too many other needs, like our under achieving DE projects we drafted.

Yeah, we have other needs besides a run stopping Linebacker. Namely an athletic Linebacker if we go the
Linebacker route. Hunt and Clarke have been disapointing no question.
Reply/Quote
(02-29-2016, 02:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ragland tested and moved very well for a big LB. Where did you find it to mediocre? You must remember there the en vogue LB Hybrid used to be LB/DE, but that has changed to LB/S. He's not going to run/jump as well as players 20-30 pounds lighter than him, but he was near the top of every drill for the full-grown LBs.

Ragland actually had a decent combine and moved faster than people expected. The thing that raised his stock is Smith's injury and Mack still having an injury. This may lead someone to draft him higher than they wanted to.

But I don't think he's that much more athletic than Rey. Neither of them are really good in coverage and both have pretty stiff hips.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2016, 04:58 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Riser: Josh Docston, WR

Faller: Reggie Ragland, LB

Sleeper riser: Christian Hackenberg, QB

Sleeper faller: Sean Davis, CB

Right about Josh Docston. Great combine

Wrong about Reggie Ragland. Did better than expected in every way

Wrong about Hackenberg. Some great throws, with some bad ones

Wrong about Davis. Had a pretty decent combine.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

I read somewhere that he wanted to prove he was a three-down LB that could cover, so I was expecting him to really light up his combine performance. I mean I guess he did well for a big LB like you said, but I don't think he lit up the combine to prove he was a three-down LB with great agility.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2016, 12:52 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Will Fuller was already pretty high, but if he continues to impress today he's going to lock himself into the first round. I don't want to see anymore mocks with him going to us in the 2nd  Mellow

We can still dream can't we?
ThumbsUp  
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 01:24 AM)magikod Wrote: We can still dream can't we?
ThumbsUp  

I want a receiver who can actually hang onto the ball. Doctson or Shepard please.
Reply/Quote
i heard bosa didnt have an impressive combine...... any chance he slides past the top 10?
Reply/Quote