Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your current "Forgotten Guy"
(08-17-2020, 02:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: EdykteCWsAA-NWs?format=jpg&name=large]

His Workout routine:

Monday-Chest, Tris, Neck
Tuesday- Back, Bis, Neck
Wednesday- Legs, Abs, Neck
Thursday- Shoulders, Neck
Friday- Yoga, Neck
Saturday- Cardio, Plyo, Neck
Sunday- REST...........light Neck.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Random comments

1. Gio played a lot more than I realized last year. He was in on over 40% of the offensive snaps. He must have played mostly passing downs and just stayed in to block. He may be a little overpaid at $4 million, but it is good to have an experienced back up like him since Mixon usually misses a few games.

2. No one has forgotten Ross or Tate. They are two of the most talked about guys on the team.

3. Michael Jordan WISHES his play from last year was forgotten. I still like his potential, but I did not see him playing well at the end of last year. Same with Sample.

4. Shawn Williams will still be a key player on our defense this year. He and Gio are probably my picks for "forgotten player".
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2020, 03:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Random comments

1.  Gio played a lot more than I realized last year.  He was in on over 40% of the offensive snaps.  He must have played mostly passing downs and just stayed in to block.  He may be a little overpaid at $4 million, but it is good to have an experienced back up like him since Mixon usually misses a few games.

2.  No one has forgotten Ross or Tate.  They are two of the most talked about guys on the team.

3.  Michael Jordan WISHES his play from last year was forgotten.  I still like his potential, but I did not see him playing well at the end of last year.  Same with Sample.

4.  Shawn Williams will still be a key player on our defense this year.  He and Gio are probably my picks for "forgotten player".

I would have to disagree with you on Tate.. with AJ signed, Higgins drafted and Ross 1st round possible bust etc.. Tate has really been pushed down the conversation.. even on the board but for sure in the general Bengals discussions in media etc... 
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2020, 12:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Mine is the same as it is every year and the signing of Vonn Bell makes it more so. SHAWN WILLIAMS

Over the last 2 years he's had
218 tackles (155 solo)
6 INTS for 143 yards and a TD
2 sacks 
12 PDs

Everybody's excited about the signing of the OSU product, but during that same time frame Bell has:

50 fewer tackles
5 fewer Int's for 124 fewer yards and 0 TDs
4 fewer PDs
He does has .5 more sacks

Shawn Williams has quite possibly been our most consistent performer in the last couple years and has only missed 5 games in 7 years.  

Shawn Williams is my favorite player,I wanted our team to draft him and they did.He is a great player and if he stays healthy will have a great year with the players they have brought in to help him.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2020, 11:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Every year, I think of some player that isn't getting much hype and is somewhat of a forgotten guy.  For me, that player is Gio Bernard.  Just two years ago, he played all 16 games, and averaged 4.4 ypc for 458 yards with two TDs, and also averaged 9 ypr and 389 yards receiving with two TDs.

That is 847 all-purpose yards and 4 TDs.  This was after the Shazier concussion.  

I think using Gio more as an active receiver in a pattern (instead of staying home to block on 3rd downs...) will finally use more of his potential.  

Everyone loves Gio the person, but we have somewhat forgotten about Gio the player.  Maybe this is the rationale for the mustache?  Maybe no one will see him coming.  

That is my "forgotten guy".  Who is yours?

Love Gio's mustache lol

My guy is Jesse Bates III.  I see him improving big time this year at tackling after last year's debacle with improved LB play 
in front of him and Vonn Bell playing next to him. This guy is a ballhawk and a great Returner when he gets that ball in his 
hands. With the way they invested in the D-line and Linebackers I see Bates as the Free Safety getting a lot of Turnovers 
and even TD's.
Reply/Quote
A truly forgotten man, Damion Willis! Remember the hype on this guy early last year? So strange. Perhaps he lives up to that this season and surprises us all.
Reply/Quote
I mentioned him on another thread but mine is Stanley Morgan Jr.

Plenty don't have him even making the roster but he turned himself into a key special teams player last year. And he's not just a teams player: he's a team player and the type of player who I could see, whilst Ross, Higgins and maybe AJ miss snaps, becoming a favorite of Joe Burrow on those intermediate routes and earning himself an increased role.

Don't sleep on him year two.
Reply/Quote
Everybody talked about Rodney Anderson as a huge talent coming out of college and how Bernard is underused. I’m gonna go Trayveon Williams as a forgotten guy. I think he could be a good change of pace back and possibly take over the back up role from Gio. He had major production in the SCC and is familiar with Turner from there time together at A&M
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 11:31 AM)lone bengal Wrote: Everybody talked about Rodney Anderson as a huge talent coming out of college and how Bernard is underused. I’m gonna go Trayveon Williams as a forgotten guy. I think he could be a good change of pace back and possibly take over the back up role from Gio. He had major production in the SCC and is familiar with Turner from there time together at A&M

Isn't A&M in the SEC?

I sure liked the Traveon pick at the time, he just sucked last Preseason and then got hurt.

Sure would be nice for him to pick up his game, heard he led his conference in rushing his final year.

Was surprised to get him so late in the Draft.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 01:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Isn't A&M in the SEC?

I sure liked the Traveon pick at the time, he just sucked last Preseason and then got hurt.

Sure would be nice for him to pick up his game, heard he led his conference in rushing his final year.

Was surprised to get him so late in the Draft.

My bad meant the SEC but yeah lead the SEC in rushing with 1,524 and had 18 TD’s
Reply/Quote
Wrong sport and wrong era, I know...but I couldn't help but ironically remember this guy when I saw the title of the thread:

[Image: quote-anything-is-possible-as-long-as-yo...-63-70.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 02:26 PM)lone bengal Wrote: My bad meant the SEC but yeah lead the SEC in rushing with 1,524 and had 18 TD’s

Those are great numbers rushing in the SEC man. Surprised he looked as bad as he did last preseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2020, 11:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Every year, I think of some player that isn't getting much hype and is somewhat of a forgotten guy.  For me, that player is Gio Bernard.  Just two years ago, he played all 16 games, and averaged 4.4 ypc for 458 yards with two TDs, and also averaged 9 ypr and 389 yards receiving with two TDs.

That is 847 all-purpose yards and 4 TDs.  This was after the Shazier concussion.  

I think using Gio more as an active receiver in a pattern (instead of staying home to block on 3rd downs...) will finally use more of his potential.  

Everyone loves Gio the person, but we have somewhat forgotten about Gio the player.  Maybe this is the rationale for the mustache?  Maybe no one will see him coming.  

That is my "forgotten guy".  Who is yours?

We'll have to see if Taylor agrees. Last season he really didn't call Gio's number very much. Marv gave Gio a lot more opportunities, as the stats you mention suggest.

Even with all the receiver injuries last season, Taylor couldn't bring himself to use Gio as WR.

Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 02:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Those are great numbers rushing in the SEC man. Surprised he looked as bad as he did last preseason.
You have obviously forgotten how bad Mixon looked the first half of last season.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 03:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have obviously forgotten how bad Mixon looked the first half of last season.

No I haven't but that sure as hell wasn't all Mixon's fault. The blocking was terrible and it was in Preseason as well so I understand
your meaning here. Traveon might have just been the victim of terrible blocking.
Reply/Quote