Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your grill of choice?
(06-03-2018, 02:13 PM)grampahol Wrote: I have an old funky grill , the old style and use pieces of dried hardwood trees from the yard to burn.  If you live in the southern states you probably have access to crape mertyle trees.. Let the branches dry and they burn nice and hot and even .Hickory and mesquite is good too if you have access . Generally hardwood of most types works.. The harder and denser the better.   
C'mon folks.. starting a fire ain't exactly rocket science.. lol 

It's funny you say this. I have always been a person who usually thinks outside the box, but sometimes I'm stuck within. I had a friend come over once who grilled all the time. We tossed back quite a few brews and decided to fire up the grill. I had a charcoal grill. So, I go to the garage and pull out the grill and realize I'm outta charcoal. He says, so? Then he educates me by putting a few small logs on the grill and I seriously thought the food tasted awesome. Never did I think of using wood. Both turn into ashes and produce heat. I felt like a dumbass, but it was very educational for someone who thought he was a real problem solver. LOL

Also realized that McGiver, "I'm not!"

(for those of you youngins who don't know McGiver? He could build a nuclear bomb with a paper clip, empty beer can, WD-40 and a 9V battery). 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2018, 03:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It's funny you say this. I have always been a person who usually thinks outside the box, but sometimes I'm stuck within. I had a friend come over once who grilled all the time. We tossed back quite a few brews and decided to fire up the grill. I had a charcoal grill. So, I go to the garage and pull out the grill and realize I'm outta charcoal. He says, so? Then he educates me by putting a few small logs on the grill and I seriously thought the food tasted awesome. Never did I think of using wood. Both turn into ashes and produce heat. I felt like a dumbass, but it was very educational for someone who thought he was a real problem solver. LOL

Also realized that McGiver, "I'm not!"

(for those of you youngins who don't know McGiver? He could build a nuclear bomb with a paper clip, empty beer can, WD-40 and a 9V battery). 

I used to do that all the time when camping.  Took a rack out of an old oven, stacked some rocks, and started a fire under it.  Just have to let it burn down to hot coals before cooking
Reply/Quote