Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your guess is good as mine.
Disclaimer: Attended the first Bengal game at Nippert Field, all of the playoff games (yes, the Freezer Bowl) and both Super Bowls.

That being said, I love the Bengals. This year looks like a 6-10 season (at best). But, that is OK. Have fun this year and support future rebuilding. It will come.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 08:22 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Disclaimer: Attended the first Bengal game at Nippert Field, all of the playoff games (yes, the Freezer Bowl) and both Super Bowls.

That being said, I love the Bengals. This year looks like a 6-10 season (at best). But, that is OK. Have fun this year and support future rebuilding. It will come.

Wanted to start a thread but really didn't have anything to say?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 08:22 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Disclaimer: Attended the first Bengal game at Nippert Field, all of the playoff games (yes, the Freezer Bowl) and both Super Bowls.

Don't let the door hit you and all that.

Yet you, "love," the Bengals.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 08:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't let the door hit you and all that.

Why do all the Homer’s get all butt hurt is it’s not a positive remark about the Bengals. Don’t like it don’t respond. This guys a long time fan n if he feels like a 6 win season so be it. My guess is 5 wins maybe less.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 08:49 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Why do all the Homer’s get all butt hurt is it’s not a positive remark about the Bengals. Don’t like it don’t respond. This guys a long time fan n if he feels like a 6 win season so be it. My guess is 5 wins maybe less.

Somewhere between 4-6 and wins is the likeliest outcome. O line is a dumpster fire, linebackers still a liability in coverage, core on the wrong side of 30, division looks tough. I hope they win the Super Bowl this year but there’s a reason the pundits are ripping on the team.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 08:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Don't let the door hit you and all that.

Why the hate for what this guy said? He never said he was giving up on the Bengals. Just giving his prediction for the season.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
The team just needs to get on the same page in all 3 phases and it will take some time.

We win at the least 7 games this season once it starts to come together.

Really tough first PS game against the Chiefs in KC, the starting O looked good the D looked bad.

Played the Skins and the starting O looked bad and the D looked good...

Take the Preseason with a grain of salt except the 3rd game which is coming up.

New coach and you can tell but I like the freshness instead of the stale.
Reply/Quote
8-8 at worst.
Reply/Quote

So far, after just 2 games, it looks like Marvin forgot to take penalties and turnovers with him.
Reply/Quote
I just want to beat the Steelers once this season. That will be a good season for me.
Reply/Quote
4th place
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Wow , you have been around a long time as a fan good for you.  As for me I see a bit more positives than negatives when I look at last year preseason to this year so far.  The lose of Williams and depending on AJ will be a hamper on this teams success this year but I also don;t see a run away team in our division.  4-2 or 3-3 I feel will be the best overall record in the division, with that said on paper we have the most favorable schedule out of division so, 9-7 is in the cards.  

But lets be honest, NFL is way too unpredictable to really get too hyped or down on your team early.  Last year 7 teams I believe made the playoffs that were not in the playoffs the year before.  Also the trend of worse to first in NFL Division has been crazy in this decade..   Alot of this is due to health of teams, I read last year that over 70% of the Teams that made the playoffs were in the top 10 to 15 healthy teams from start to finish .

Trends in the NFL now point to Stay healthy in this league and your team has a chance every year.

Thanks again for being a loyal fan and good health to you
Reply/Quote

I think 6 wins would be a lofty goal........but thats ok, Marvin is gone and Zac should be given 3 years to right the ship.......
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote

Thank you for the disclaimer, that made all the difference.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 10:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: 8-8 at best.

FYP

I would rather go 4-12 or 5-11 to get a better draft pick. 8-8 gives us a terrible pick. We need to get some top level guys on this team.

Plus we gave Bobby hart who is guaranteed to get a minimum of 10 sacks 19 million. Not a good way of saying things have changed.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 03:52 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: FYP

I would rather go 4-12 or 5-11 to get a better draft pick. 8-8 gives us a terrible pick. We need to get some top level guys on this team.

Plus we gave Bobby hart who is guaranteed to get a minimum of 10 sacks 19 million. Not a good way of saying things have changed.

I get it — but I never hope for Cincinnati to lose.
Reply/Quote
Me neither, I hope for them to win, but something has changed the last few years when Andy throws a pick 6 to start the game, I turn it off and not watch. That's the beginning of the end...lol
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2019, 03:52 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: FYP

Sig bet he has less than 9?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Have you actually seen any of MY guesses? Obviously my guesses are as good as any.. except for any other guesses.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 11:46 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: So far, after just 2 games, it looks like Marvin forgot to take penalties and turnovers with him.

This is still mostly Marvin’s roster we’re working with here. Old habits die hard or something like that.
Reply/Quote