Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your guess is good as mine.
(08-19-2019, 09:40 AM)HuDey Wrote: This is still mostly Marvin’s roster we’re working with here. Old habits die hard or something like that.

Rename the stadium to Old Penalty Field..  I like the ring to that.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We are going to take the league by storm just like the Rams did a couple of years ago. we will win division and probably lose Andy or AJ because we can only franchise 1. Based on game management from what ive seen after 2 preseason games is the difference between a kindergartner and someone just getting their associate degree from college. it will be amazing how much better everyone will look when a coach actually puts players in a position to succeed.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 11:32 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: We are going to take the league by storm just like the Rams did a couple of years ago. we will win division and probably lose Andy or AJ because we can only franchise 1. Based on game management from what ive seen after 2 preseason games is the difference between a kindergartner and someone just getting their associate degree from college. it will be amazing how much better everyone will look when a coach actually puts players in a position to succeed.

Well AJ would be eligible for Franchise Tag in 2020 but Dalton wouldn't be eligible for FT until 2021, so you really would only have one choice next year...
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2019, 09:40 AM)HuDey Wrote: This is still mostly Marvin’s roster we’re working with here. Old habits die hard or something like that.

With that said, 6-10 may be a reach.  Injuries already starting to paralyze an already wobbly caravan!
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 10:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The team just needs to get on the same page in all 3 phases and it will take some time.

We win at the least 7 games this season once it starts to come together.

Really tough first PS game against the Chiefs in KC, the starting O looked good the D looked bad.

Played the Skins and the starting O looked bad and the D looked good...

Take the Preseason with a grain of salt except the 3rd game which is coming up.

New coach and you can tell but I like the freshness instead of the stale.

I could have a T-shirt made that says this...

ZT saying yesterday (I think) that they have not rolled out any of what the rushing attack will look like.  Trying guys out at a number of positions.  Giving a loooong look at the likes of Stanley Morgan Jr and Damian Willis.  Keeping the starters fresh and "fast" not only during the preseason but the regular season as he has mentioned.  

If they can steal week 1 in Seattle (there is a chance, with them not knowing the offense or what to expect from Cincy, and just because they have seen the Rams doesn't mean they will be ready for ZT....one thing is for sure:  bet the OVER), they could really make things interesting. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 10:51 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: 8-8 at best.

FYP

I would rather go 4-12 or 5-11 to get a better draft pick. 8-8 gives us a terrible pick. We need to get some top level guys on this team.

Plus we gave Bobby hart who is guaranteed to get a minimum of 10 sacks 19 million. Not a good way of saying things have changed.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 04:46 PM)Andy2AJ Wrote: FYP

I would rather go 4-12 or 5-11 to get a better draft pick. 8-8 gives us a terrible pick. We need to get some top level guys on this team.

Plus we gave Bobby hart who is guaranteed to get a minimum of 10 sacks 19 million. Not a good way of saying things have changed.

I would rather go 16-0 and give the press a huge shitburger to chew on.
Reply/Quote

(08-16-2019, 08:49 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Why do all the Homer’s get all butt hurt is it’s not a positive remark about the Bengals. Don’t like it don’t respond. This guys a long time fan n if he feels like a 6 win season so be it. My guess is 5 wins maybe less.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2019, 08:22 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Disclaimer: Attended the first Bengal game at Nippert Field, all of the playoff games (yes, the Freezer Bowl) and both Super Bowls.

That being said, I love the Bengals. This year looks like a 6-10 season (at best). But, that is OK. Have fun this year and support future rebuilding. It will come.

I see at least 8-8.  There were a lot of positives today.  D looked better than expected.  Ross was way better than expected.  I expected to lose in Seattle without AJ, but we basically didn't have Mixon either and lost by only 1 point.  We made lots of mistakes, no doubt, but I am now confident that the coaching staff will address those mistakes.  The team looked prepared, and much improved.
Reply/Quote