Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your nightmare situation at 11?
who's that 1 position or player that if we draft at 11 you would lose your bobby hart mind

mine is Dwayne Haskins

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 08:58 PM)Okeana Wrote: who's that 1 position or player that if we draft at 11 you would lose your bobby hart mind

mine is Dwayne Haskins

Devin Bush.  The guy is just insanely overrated IMO.  If he was there when we pick in the 2nd, I still doubt he'd be the BPA.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Any running back...
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 09:01 PM)Whatever Wrote: Devin Bush.  The guy is just insanely overrated IMO.  If he was there when we pick in the 2nd, I still doubt he'd be the BPA.

Don't worry.

We brought him in for a visit, so when White is gone early someone will trade in front of us to get Bush.
Reply/Quote
Any QB
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Our nightmare situation is going to be whomever they pick. They have not done well with 1st round picks in recent years. Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Any Long Snapper
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 09:01 PM)Whatever Wrote: Devin Bush.  The guy is just insanely overrated IMO.  If he was there when we pick in the 2nd, I still doubt he'd be the BPA.

I am with you on this one, just do not see it with this guy.

As for some of the others I would be fine with Haskins, worst case is gonna be the top OT's gone, Ed Oliver gone, Devin White gone, Haskins/Murray gone and Hockerson gone then we have to settle for someone like Bush, a CB, or Metcalf.
Reply/Quote
Daniel Jones.

He's a day 2 pick who's only being talked about in the 1st round because of how poor of a QB class this is. If the scripted play fails, his throws can be inaccurate and his throws would have a lower velocity. He also hesitates which allows windows to close. Threw the ball up for grabs or into double coverage when he should either take a sack or throw the ball away. Sure, he did not have a good supporting cast. But he also left plenty of plays on the field.

I would rather take Will Grier on Day 2.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Dexter Lawrence.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Greedy Williams or DK Metcalf.
Reply/Quote
DK Metcalf. Has freakish body, but had horrible scores in agility. Straight line speed doesn't always translate. It is like a pitcher that throws 100 mph but there is zero movement on his pitch...batters catch up to it. Plus, with a ridiculous 1.9% bodyfat, he is an injury waiting to happen.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 10:01 PM)samhain Wrote: Greedy Williams or DK Metcalf.

This. 
Reply/Quote
Daniel Jones or Drew Lock.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
TE. Please don't draft a TE in the first round.
Reply/Quote
White, Taylor and Oliver are all off the board.

I like hockenson, Jonah, ford, Dillard. I don’t love them at 11.

I feel Bush is not worth 11 and greedy is too boom or bust for me. Trade back if possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Very good question! I would think any of these 4 positions would be bad.... QB, WR , DB and RB would put a damper on the draft for me. If our "guy" is gone before us, I hope like hell we find a trade partner to drop down a little. Still very undecided on Bush also.
Reply/Quote
This is a tough one for me since I think there are lot of no-brainer picks and prospects have high floors.

There's a few that would really worry me:

Any QB. I just don't think this is a very good class.
CB. I also don't think this is a very good class.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 11:45 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: This is a tough one for me since I think there are lot of no-brainer picks and prospects have high floors.

There's a few that would really worry me:

Any QB.  I just don't think this is a very good class.  
CB.  I also don't think this is a very good class.

I agree with that. The no-brainer picks are what makes this tough. For me, I want White, but if he's gone, then do I get DE or DT or even a OT? There are a lot of really good players at those positions, that we could probably get later in the draft. Also do you factor in what you have already on your roster?
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2019, 01:39 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I agree with that. The no-brainer picks are what makes this tough. For me, I want White, but if he's gone, then do I get DE or DT or even a OT? There are a lot of really good players at those positions, that we could probably get later in the draft. Also do you factor in what you have already on your roster?

I think with the Bengals you have to.  The team rarely, if ever, upgrades the roster in free agency.  These first 2-3 picks are the hope for getting immediate starters.

That's why I struggle so much with this.  If Jawan Taylor is on the board still, I would take him because Hart is easily the worst starter on the team and then I use one of the remaining 10 picks (at least 3 of which won't make the team) to move up in the 2nd to get Mack Wilson.

If we do the opposite and take a linebacker, I pray that there isn't a run on linemen in the 2nd.
Reply/Quote