Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your under the radar player who could be a difference maker this year
The whole team is flying under the radar this year and people won't notice them until the end of the season as they sit there with the number 1 seed at 12-4.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 12:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Trey Hopkins. He becomes our starting RG

I'd be fine with this. Either him or Westerman.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 10:40 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Billings?

I'm also of the opinion that this guy can be the real deal at DT. Nobody is talking about him and yet it looks like he's our starting DT next to Geno.
Reply/Quote
Marcus Hardison If he can stay heathly lol. I think Billings will start at nose tackle next to Geno on running situations and Hardison can come in on passing downs and be a successful nickle DT with Geno eating up double teams. Could have a nice little NASCAR package like the New York Gaints did when they gave the Patriots and Brady trouble in those 2 super bowls. I'm picturing Dunlap, Hardison, Geno, Lawson on passing downs with Wills in mix as well. Billings and Johnson more on run downs but we get back to a roation to keep guys fresh which is when are D-line was at its best. I know a lot of people love Gilbery as the nickle DT but I think he's an older player at the end of his career with a limited ceiling. If Hardison can stay heathly I think he will beat out Gilbery for the nickle DT job.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 12:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Trey Hopkins. He becomes our starting RG

Too bad he isn't becoming our starting center
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 04:02 PM)tBengal Wrote: Josh Malone is gonna surprise people with how good he is. Really liked him at Tennessee.

I'll 2nd this, gotta hunch he's gonna turn into a real steal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 12:20 AM)impactplaya Wrote: 1st week in of 2017 and we know who the headiners are
Green Ross Mixon Burfict Minter Bernard
But what player at the end of 2017 (hopefully playoffs and beyond )
Will be that unsung hero difference maker playmaker ?
I'm gonna go with Brandon LaFell.
I think he had a very solid 2016 and with the departure of Whit and Peko
He could fill that void left in the locker room as far that seasoned vet keeping things together
With so much concentration on Green Mixon and Eifert ,LaFell could be that threat on offense
That comes up with the big 3rd down catch to keep a drive going or that red zone TD
He's darn good run blocker and really is a pros pro
I can see LaFell making a lot of plays that don't show up in the box score

The ENTIRE OFFENSE LINE ranked as worst or second worst in NFL going into 2017.   

Next would be our Field Goal and Extra Point Kicking, was was awful in 2016. 

I would say our WR's, TE's, RB's, and QBs are over rated by Bengals Fans because they all need a HUGE improvement from 2016. 

The Defense is maybe Top 10 or at least Top 16 in NFL.  The Defense is our strongest area.  Not sure it is is an Elite Defense. They need to improve to reach that.  Turnovers were way down last year for example. They were not a big play Defense. 

The Offensive Line can NOT be the worst in NFL, or it will be 1, 2, 3, Punt and Defense will be on field too much and suffer from Fatigue.   The Offensive Line has to prove they ARE NOT the worst O Line in the NFL. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 12:54 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Tough to really call anyone under the radar on this board.  Too many knowledgeable people.

That being said, I'm looking for Marcus Hardison to finally have somewhat of an impact.

Good one.  Folks like Marcus would be icing on the cake if they contributed this season.  I liked what we saw in limited action last year, but hope he can be a solid rotational guy this season.
Reply/Quote
Not a sexy pick but Hewitt will step up. Dude just does his job.

Reply/Quote
Two-fer

1. Carl Lawson. Think he's ready as a situational pass rusher and gives our defense some versatility as he can play hand down or not

2. Tyler Boyd. Game well suited for the slot and defenses have to respect green/eifert/Ross.
Reply/Quote
Brandon Wilson- I think he will win the K/P return job and be a pleasant surprise player spot playing on D.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 12:20 AM)impactplaya Wrote: I'm gonna go with Brandon LaFell.
I think he had a very solid 2016 and with the departure of Whit and Peko
He could fill that void left in the locker room as far that seasoned vet keeping things together

This I find funny..."the seasoned vet".....Dalton and Green are one year younger at 29 and 1 year less in the league, 2010 versus 2011....Why are Dalton and Green not the seasoned vets?  For that matter, why not Geno, he is the same age and year as LaFell
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 08:51 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Not a sexy pick but Hewitt will step up. Dude just does his job.

I want to see Hewitt get some targets as a HB out of the backfield.  Guy always catches the ball and that's just one more thing a defense has to worry about.  
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2017, 11:18 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Brandon Wilson- I think he will win the K/P return job and be a pleasant surprise player spot playing on D.

Good point.  I think this guy's athleticism is screaming for the opportunity to carry the ball.  Erickson was a very good option in KO returns, but Wilson has another level of speed.  If he can demonstrate that he can help the coverage teams, he may just earn a spot.  Especially if someone like Derron Smith gets put on the PUP...
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 09:58 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good point.  I think this guy's athleticism is screaming for the opportunity to carry the ball.  Erickson was a very good option in KO returns, but Wilson has another level of speed.  If he can demonstrate that he can help the coverage teams, he may just earn a spot.  Especially if someone like Derron Smith gets put on the PUP...

Smith got hurt at practice and therefore cannot be PUP'd
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 08:07 AM)spazz70 Wrote: This I find funny..."the seasoned vet".....Dalton and Green are one year younger at 29 and 1 year less in the league, 2010 versus 2011....Why are Dalton and Green not the seasoned vets?  For that matter, why not Geno, he is the same age and year as LaFell

They Are.... but so is lafell...  and lafell is more seasoned... 1 more seasoned exactly.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2017, 10:11 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Smith got hurt at practice and therefore cannot be PUP'd

True, and I would hope they wouldn't have to use the one IR-designated to return, but that was what I meant. 
Reply/Quote
Glasgow it wont be pretty or huge impact but he will just do his job eat up blocks and not be moved. Will give Billings a chance to catch his breath from time to time.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 02:39 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Glasgow it wont be pretty or huge impact but he will just do his job eat up blocks and not be moved. Will give Billings a chance to catch his breath from time to time.

Ryan Glasgow won't be moved at 302 lbs? Not likely. Now if you were talking about Josh Tupou (350 lbs), I might believe you.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2017, 02:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Ryan Glasgow won't be moved at 302 lbs? Not likely. Now if you were talking about Josh Tupou (350 lbs), I might believe you.

They said Josh is 335 and I like him too hope to see him replace Sims. Watch Glasgow on tape he take two guys on and stands his ground.
Reply/Quote