Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Plan for the Texans game better be 2 to 3 runs for every 1 pass & play Defense
Blake Bortles passed for just 125 yards in their 29 to 7 win over the Texans.
Playing defense and lots of big running back Leonard Fornette runs did the rest.

Ken Zampese better have this same type of Game Plan in place tonight against a rookie QB.
This should be a low scoring game and one defensive TD by the Texans defense could help tip the scale in their favor.
This is no time to try to prove that our Offensive Line can pass protect constantly for Dalton.
Not a time for Dalton to bounce back with Big passing stats.

It is time for heavy doses of our bigger backs Jeremy Hill and Joe Mixon with some Gio sprinkled in.
Then lean more on whichever big back is having the most success between Mixon & Hill with some Gio sprinkled in & some passing sprinkled in.

Let our Defense win this low scoring game and not allow the Texans defense to win it with turnovers that lead to scores.

17 to 20 points should win this game and maybe less.

Zampese and the Bengals Brain Trust better understand this run often, play defense approach going in.
If not, Deshaun Watson may walk off the field with his first win.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 12:44 PM)depthchart Wrote: Blake Bortles passed for just 125 yards in their 29 to 7 win over the Texans.
Playing defense and lots of big running back Leonard Fornette runs did the rest.

Ken Zampese better have this same type of Game Plan in place tonight against a rookie QB.
This should be a low scoring game and one defensive TD by the Texans defense could help tip the scale in their favor.
This is no time to try to prove that our Offensive Line can pass protect constantly for Dalton.

It is time for heavy doses of our bigger backs Jeremy Hill and Joe Mixon with some Gio sprinkled in.
Then lean more on whichever big back is having the most success between Mixon & Hill with some Gio sprinkled in & some passing sprinkled in.

Let our Defense win this low scoring game and not allow the Texans defense to win it with turnovers that lead to scores.

Zampese and the Bengals Brain Trust better understand this run often, play defense approach going in.
I agree with this game plan. Although I believe Eifert has to have some targets somewhere, somehow.  Also Cushing is out, failed another drug teat, PEDS. Could open up runnings lanes.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 12:44 PM)depthchart Wrote: Blake Bortles passed for just 125 yards in their 29 to 7 win over the Texans.

I agree 100%.  Have you applied for the OC job in Cincy?  Couldn't hurt. Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Honestly, this should be our gameplan EVERY week. Our OLine is not good in pass protection but doesn't seem to be too bad in run blocking. Let's be a run-heavy team and, if successful, we can mix in some play action passes; all of which should help our passing game.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 12:51 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree 100%.  Have you applied for the OC job in Cincy?  Couldn't hurt. Smirk

I am going to Apply for the job once my DNA Test comes back and only if it shows I am related to Mike Brown in some way.
May also get the job if the DNA test links my Family Tree to Paul Alexander.

My fingers are crossed in one way for the Link so I can get the job but uncrossed in another way because any Link could indicate that I have a Low IQ by being related.      Tongue
Reply/Quote
The big thing is to not turn the ball over too.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 01:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Honestly, this should be our gameplan EVERY week. Our OLine is not good in pass protection but doesn't seem to be too bad in run blocking. Let's be a run-heavy team and, if successful, we can mix in some play action passes; all of which should help our passing game.

That is basically what the Raven's game plan was against us.
They limited how much Flacco did coming off a back injury, ran the ball and played Defense.
Reply/Quote
Game plan: Let Mixon learn.

But since Marvin Lewis doesn't believe in adjustments, it's just journalism jargon according to one of his quotes, we will see the same Bengals team plan until he's gone.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 01:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Honestly, this should be our gameplan EVERY week. Our OLine is not good in pass protection but doesn't seem to be too bad in run blocking. Let's be a run-heavy team and, if successful, we can mix in some play action passes; all of which should help our passing game.

Bengals Week 1:
22 rushes/77 yards (3.5 YPC)
12 of the 22 rushes went for 2 yards or less.
8 of the 22 rushes went for 1 yard or less.

Last year the Giants had 3.5 YPC as a team and were ranked 30th in the NFL.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 02:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bengals Week 1:

Jesus.  that's bad.  There is no putting lipstick on a hog here.....that's nothing but shitty OLine play.  And there's no excuse for it.  Grab your man and move him out of the way.  Period.  punch him in the chest and push him away from the ball.  How effing hard is that to figure out?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
This type of gameplan will make those who frequent the gameday thread very mad. Everytime we don't throw for a TD conservative Marvin is playing not to lose.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 01:47 PM)depthchart Wrote: That is basically what the Raven's game plan was against us.
They limited how much Flacco did coming off a back injury, ran the ball and played Defense.

The problem with this plan is that our interior can't open the lanes when the other team knows we're going to run.  They'll load the box and stuff us.  I hope our defensive rotation is good, because they'll be on the field a lot.

Alternatively we could not stop the Ravens' run game when we knew they were going to run.

The interior of our line is as bad as the tackles.   Boling is a good pulling guard and decent pass protector, but he can't get any push.  Fisher is improving and Obguehi is a pretty decent pulling tackle.  But he doesn't always finish his blocks and he can't pass protect.   Bodine gets dumped into the quarterback several times a game.   He doesn't finish his run blocks either.

If we had kept Whit and Zietler we would not have as many of the problems we are having. 

We need a good tackle in the first and a good center in the 2nd round next April... for a start.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 02:06 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bengals Week 1:

I agree. Maybe would should not rely on the rookie as much. Remove his 1.1 and we are pushing 5 YPC
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 03:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This type of gameplan will make those who frequent the gameday thread very mad. Everytime we don't throw for a TD conservative Marvin is playing not to lose.

Punting the ball on their 40 with 10 minutes to go down 20 is a good game plan, for sure. Who can back marvin anymore?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote

I agree but they will not let us run the ball because they won't respect our passing game.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I would be fine running the ball all game as long as Hill doesn't get any. We'll have a great time with that
Reply/Quote