Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youth
Apparently, the 53 with an average age of 25.2 years is the youngest in the NFL. They narrowly beat out the Browns who are at 25.3.

Of course, we all know that tomorrow that will likely change...but still we got some young ones out there esp if you figure out 2 oldest players are Kevin Huber and Clark Harris

https://www.phillyvoice.com/ranking-nfl-teams-age-after-53-man-cutdowns-2018-edition/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
It's a little scary to be honest!
Reply/Quote
I love it. At the very least they should be an exciting team that’s fun to watch.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 12:10 AM)pally Wrote: Apparently, the 53  with an average age of 25.2 years is the youngest in the NFL.  They narrowly beat out the Browns who are at 25.3.

Of course, we all know that tomorrow that will likely change...but still we got some young ones out there esp if you figure out 2 oldest players are Kevin Huber and Clark Harris

https://www.phillyvoice.com/ranking-nfl-teams-age-after-53-man-cutdowns-2018-edition/

Back in the day, that used to be called "rebuilding".
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 01:22 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Back in the day, that used to be called "rebuilding".

True, but when your foundation is:
Dalton
Green
Geno
Dunlap
Burfict
Dennard & Dre with a 3rd year possible all pro in Jackson and a host of other young stud from the 2017 draft, the present and the future looks bright in my opinion.  A rebuild would not include all 5 guys listed at the top
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 01:22 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Back in the day, that used to be called "rebuilding".

You can “rebuild” in the NFL quicker than most other leagues. The Eagles went from having a losing record 2 years ago to Super Bowl champs.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 01:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You can “rebuild” in the NFL quicker than most other leagues. The Eagles went from having a losing record 2 years ago to Super Bowl champs.

ThumbsUp
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I'm excited to see some Jordan Willis out there. With all the attention on Geno, Los, Lawson and Billings, Willis might just have all the opportunity in the world to be a wrecking ball. I have a ton of faith in this guy to go out there and play mean.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 11:59 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm excited to see some Jordan Willis out there. With all the attention on Geno, Los, Lawson and Billings, Willis might just have all the opportunity in the world to be a wrecking ball. I have a ton of faith in this guy to go out there and play mean.

Agreed 100%, and I hope they stick with the rotations and give Carlos and Geno time off.  Those guys, when fresh, are unstoppable.  I want wave after wave of fresh pass rushers attacking the opposition.  
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 11:59 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I'm excited to see some Jordan Willis out there. With all the attention on Geno, Los, Lawson and Billings, Willis might just have all the opportunity in the world to be a wrecking ball. I have a ton of faith in this guy to go out there and play mean.

(09-02-2018, 12:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed 100%, and I hope they stick with the rotations and give Carlos and Geno time off.  Those guys, when fresh, are unstoppable.  I want wave after wave of fresh pass rushers attacking the opposition.  

Nate gets giddy hearing this stuff. Man, this is exciting.

To the OP Pally, i think it was only a few years ago where we had one of the oldest rosters, things change fast.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 12:11 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed 100%, and I hope they stick with the rotations and give Carlos and Geno time off.  Those guys, when fresh, are unstoppable.  I want wave after wave of fresh pass rushers attacking the opposition.  
my worry is not pass rush it is run defense, a major area of weakness last season and before... i hope we have enough beef in Willis and Hubbard to get it done... and hope Lawson is not exposed at times against the run
Reply/Quote
Part of me is really hopeful that this youth movement gets us past the mindset this club seems to have, that they don't show up for big games. A bigger part of me still thinks this is on coaches. Whatever it is, it needs to go. We need these young guys to come in prideful and raring to rip every club to shreds.....
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 05:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Part of me is really hopeful that this youth movement gets us past the mindset this club seems to have, that they don't show up for big games. A bigger part of me still thinks this is on coaches. Whatever it is, it needs to go. We need these young guys to come in prideful and raring to rip every club to shreds.....

Players have changed, coordinators and assistants have changed and the results in the biggest of games hasn't.  Maybe it's time for Marvin to stop walking around the locker room panting into a paper bag on game day.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 04:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nate gets giddy hearing this stuff. Man, this is exciting.

To the OP Pally, i think it was only a few years ago where we had one of the oldest rosters, things change fast.

we were 23rd in 2015

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Along with the youth movement it seems there's been a philosophy change as well this offseason. Let's hope they can continue the changing into the outcome of the big games.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 05:33 PM)pally Wrote: we were 23rd in 2015

Pretty sure Whitworth, AJ Hawk, Peko, Reggie Nelson, Leon Hall and Pacman had a lot to do with that... All and all, that team was still pretty young
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 05:06 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: my worry is not pass rush it is run defense, a major area of weakness last season and before... i hope we have enough beef in Willis and Hubbard to get it done... and hope Lawson is not exposed at times against the run

Yup... They can't run the ball on offense either. Good thing it's more of a passing league now. I'm still not sure they can keep opponents honest with the run though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Great, our team is full of millennials with their smart phones, and their snapchats, and their soy lattes.
Reply/Quote
The difference between the oldest team and the youngest team is roughly that of the last roll of a 12 pack of toilet paper in a house full of girls.. It's not that significant..

Now watch me come under attack for my mysogynistic views about girls and toilet paper .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 12:14 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Great, our team is full of millennials with their smart phones, and their snapchats, and their soy lattes.

So is the American work force. 
Reply/Quote