Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youth Football protest

[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-21-2016, 09:13 AM)fredtoast Wrote: And I can always count on you to never actually refute anything I say.

Why is it that you have never directed the same level of hatred toward Trump and his followers for disrespecting the United States as you have toward Kaepernick?

Since you made the claim I'm not doing the research for you. And since you remember everything I said about Trump I'll wait for you to show me the nice things I said about him.
(09-21-2016, 09:20 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So when you signed up to fight in the military, you didn't sign up to protect the Constitution? 

I signed up to fight enemies foreign and domestic. 

I didnt say lock him up. Free speech is wonderful. That doesnt mean it is all good. Just because you exercise free speech doesnt mean you cant be a disrespectful shitbag.
(09-21-2016, 09:20 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So when you signed up to fight in the military, you didn't sign up to protect the Constitution? 

I did; however, that should not be a factor in determining who is being disrespectful.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(09-21-2016, 05:05 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Since you made the claim I'm not doing the research for you. 

There is no research needed.  My question was "why"?  Only you can answer that.

(09-21-2016, 05:05 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote:  And since you remember everything I said about Trump I'll wait for you to show me the nice things I said about him.

I never said you ever said anything nice about hin  or his followers.  All I said is that you never lost your mind like you are with Kaepernick.

And if you understood anything about logic you would realize that it is impossible for me to prove a negative, i.e. you never used the same level of hatred toward Trump and his followers.

And finally, if somenone told a lie about me I would be glad to do the research to prove them wrong.  Guess that is not an option for you.
(09-21-2016, 05:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I did; however, that should not be a factor in determining who is being disrespectful.

But my question is why all you guys don't call Trump and his supporters "disrespectful" when they complain about how shitty the United States is.

What is the difference between them criticizing the country and Kaepernick doing the exact same thing?
(09-21-2016, 05:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But my question is why all you guys don't call Trump and his supporters "disrespectful" when they complain about how shitty the United States is.

What is the difference between them criticizing the country and Kaepernick doing the exact same thing?
Just curious, what has Trump said that has been critical of the US? Don't say the make America great again thing because saying something is not great doesn't mean it's bad. I don't think the Jets are a great football team but that doesn't mean i think they're a crappy team.

Knowing Trump, I'm sure he's had to have said something disparaging but I can't think of any specifics.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
(09-21-2016, 05:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Just curious, what has Trump said that has been critical of the US?

Trump claims black neighborhoods are "war zones".  He says the lives of black Americans are "total catastrophes".  He says they have "no health care, no education, no nothing".  He claims the US government has "totally failed" African Americans. 

How is that "respectful", but when Kaepernick says basically the same thing it is "disrespectful". 

Seems to me that the only difference is the color of the skin of the person making the claim.
(09-21-2016, 05:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But my question is why all you guys don't call Trump and his supporters "disrespectful" when they complain about how shitty the United States is.

No problem with working to improve your country; however, when you do not render honors to your Nation within the given protocol you are being disrespectful; regardless of color. It's just that some folks only see color; usually, the ones always bringing it up.

CK actually wore socks with pigs in Cop hats; do you find that disrespectful. 

(09-21-2016, 06:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No problem with working to improve your country; however, when you do not render honors to your Nation within the given protocol you are being disrespectful;

Substance trumps protocol.

I judge a person by what he says and how he acts, not by the fact that he follows a protocol that has zero substance.
(09-21-2016, 06:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Trump claims black neighborhoods are "war zones".  He says the lives of black Americans are "total catastrophes".  He says they have "no health care, no education, no nothing".  He claims the US government has "totally failed" African Americans. 

How is that "respectful", but when Kaepernick says basically the same thing it is "disrespectful". 

Seems to me that the only difference is the color of the skin of the person making the claim.

He knows more about ISIS than the generals, the generals have been reduced to rubble, the military is in shambles. 
(09-21-2016, 06:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Substance trumps protocol.

I judge a person by what he says and how he acts, not by the fact that he follows a protocol that has zero substance.

While that makes a great bumper sticker it does not change the fact that failing to render honors when your National Anthem is played is a show of disrespect. 

(09-21-2016, 06:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: While that makes a great bumper sticker it does not change the fact that failing to render honors when your National Anthem is played is a show of disrespect. 

And that is no worse than shit talking about the country, yet for some reason a lot of you guys are not losing your mind over Trump doing it.

I just don't see the difference.  Protocol is meaningless compared to actual substance.
(09-21-2016, 06:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Trump claims black neighborhoods are "war zones".  He says the lives of black Americans are "total catastrophes".  He says they have "no health care, no education, no nothing".  He claims the US government has "totally failed" African Americans. 

I never said it was. It's just every time someone makes that claim they only point to the make America great thing. I wanted actual specifics which you've provided.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
(09-21-2016, 06:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And that is no worse than shit talking about the country, yet for some reason a lot of you guys are not losing your mind over Trump doing it.

I just don't see the difference.  Protocol is meaningless compared to actual substance.

It's okay to say America isn't great if you were born with Daddy's silver spoon. 
(09-21-2016, 06:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: While that makes a great bumper sticker it does not change the fact that failing to render honors when your National Anthem is played is a show of disrespect. 

That would make a great NRA bumper sticker.  
(09-21-2016, 06:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And that is no worse than shit talking about the country, yet for some reason a lot of you guys are not losing your mind over Trump doing it.

I'm not losing my mind over what CK is doing and there is no correlation between ramblings made in a political race and refusing to honor your Nation when the Anthem is played.  Following protocol that shows respect to your country can speak volumes to a person's substance. 

Guess who I think is showing the most substance in this photo:

[Image: everafterimages.jpg]

Hint: It's not the white dude in the blue vest. 

(09-21-2016, 07:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm not losing my mind over what CK is doing and there is no correlation between ramblings made in a political race and refusing to honor your Nation when the Anthem is played.  Following protocol that shows respect to your country can speak volumes to a person's substance. 

Following protocol says nothing about a persons substance.  

That is like saying as long as you attend church every Sunday it doesn't matter what you say or do.

Protocol is meaningless compared to what a person actual says and does.  It is absurd to argue that it is okay to talk shit about the United States as long as you perform a simple ritual.
(09-21-2016, 07:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Following protocol says nothing about a persons substance.  

That is like saying as long as you attend church every Sunday it doesn't matter what you say or do.

Protocol is meaningless compared to what a person actual says and does.  It is absurd to argue that it is okay to talk shit about the United States as long as you perform a simple ritual.

Why do you try to create an argument that is not made? Is it because you usually finish last in the ones that are made?

(09-21-2016, 07:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why do you try to create an argument that is not made? Is it because you usually finish last in the ones that are made?

I just won this argument.

Anyone who things protocol is more important than actual words and deeds does not even understand the word "substance".

"It doesn't matter how much you insult your country as long as you stand during the National Anthem.  Derp."