Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youtube lands Sunday Ticket - Updated Apr 11th, Pricing Annonunced
The NFL announced today that NFL has reached a multi year deal for Sunday Ticket with Youtube.  I've been using YT TV for a few years now as my television provider.  I really like it and saves me a decent amount of money over standard cable TV.  It will be interesting to see how much they charge for Sunday Ticket.   Apparently the NFL has deals with CBS and Fox that prevents a large decrease in the cost of Sunday Ticket.

Update April 11th pricing announced posted here:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Youtube-lands-Sunday-Ticket?pid=1349551#pid1349551
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
We've also been enjoying YTV as our television streaming service for about 6 years. However, since moving back to Ohio, I haven't been unable to watch a single Bengals game on broadcast TV. Now, when I still live in NC, this would have been a thing that I would have looked into.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 12:32 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: The NFL announced today that NFL has reached a multi year deal for Sunday Ticket with Youtube.  I've been using YT TV for a few years now as my television provider.  I really like it and saves me a decent amount of money over standard cable TV.  It will be interesting to see how much they charge for Sunday Ticket.   Apparently the NFL has deals with CBS and Fox that prevents a large decrease in the cost of Sunday Ticket.

Price will be interesting considering they are paying 2.5 Billion a year
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 01:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Price will be interesting considering they are paying 2.5 Billion a year

Shocked

Reply/Quote
Reading through the presser it seems like the only way you can get Sunday Ticket is by buying the actual TV package from Youtube TV and then adding on Sunday ticket....which is horse shit. I was really looking forward to just buying Sunday Ticket without having to buy a whole separate TV package to use it. NBA, MLB, and I think NHL (never looked) all offer stand alone packages, why can't the NFL?

At least now I can cancel my DTV after the season....been paying for that useless service since we drafted Palmer.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
I just want Red Zone without having to pay for a crap ton of other channels I don't use. I get 90 percent of Bengals game over the air so all I really need is RedZone.
Reply/Quote
Best part of living abroad was being able to buy the international equivalent of Sunday Ticket by itself for something like 100 bucks a season. But that was almost a decade ago.

With the Bengals being good, even here in New England I think I've been able to watch more games than not. And when the Bengals sucked I couldn't justify paying the money for Sunday Ticket.

Between how often the Bengals are on a national broadcast and finding....alternative watching solutions.....I'd be hard pressed to pay a great deal for it.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 01:20 PM)basballguy Wrote: Reading through the presser it seems like the only way you can get Sunday Ticket is by buying the actual TV package from Youtube TV and then adding on Sunday ticket....which is horse shit. I was really looking forward to just buying Sunday Ticket without having to buy a whole separate TV package to use it. NBA, MLB, and I think NHL (never looked) all offer stand alone packages, why can't the NFL?

At least now I can cancel my DTV after the season....been paying for that useless service since we drafted Palmer.

From my understanding you can buy it as a stand alone product via You Tube premium channels

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 01:32 AM)pally Wrote: From my understanding you can buy it as a stand alone product via You Tube  premium channels

This tidbit wasn't in the original article I read.  I don't really understand what you mean (or i guess how it works) so I guess i'll read up on it.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 12:32 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: The NFL announced today that NFL has reached a multi year deal for Sunday Ticket with Youtube.  I've been using YT TV for a few years now as my television provider.  I really like it and saves me a decent amount of money over standard cable TV.  It will be interesting to see how much they charge for Sunday Ticket.   Apparently the NFL has deals with CBS and Fox that prevents a large decrease in the cost of Sunday Ticket.

The whole reason i got Directv back in the day was for the ticket and i had it for years. When i got tired of the exorbitant price (which was of course all my doing), i cut the cord and went with YoutubeTV. I love it and i can't wait to see what they do with the ticket. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

When does this kick in? 
It will be interesting how much they charge as currently we pay about $250/yr(?)  DTV.
There has to be a tipping point on what is the sweet spot in pricing as to not scare away customers.
What would be great is we could pay an ala cart lower price each week to watch the one game we are all interested in.  
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 01:47 AM)basballguy Wrote: This tidbit wasn't in the original article I read.  I don't really understand what you mean (or i guess how it works) so I guess i'll read up on it.  

I haven't read anything about it but i believe what pally is talking about, and what i would expect is, if you have Youtube TV, you can add Sunday Ticket as a package. They currently have things like a sports package (where RedZone is included), HBO, 4K and different premium channels that you can add to your basic subscription. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
There will be a standalone subscription for Sunday ticket on YouTube.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2022, 02:08 PM)treee Wrote: There will be a standalone subscription for Sunday ticket on YouTube.

Everything I have read thus far says there are two ways to get it.  Add on to Youtube TV or add on to Youtube Premium Channels.  Either way it seems there is a monthly subscription required prior to the add on package of the ticket, unless I am misunderstanding something.
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 02:49 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Everything I have read thus far says there are two ways to get it.  Add on to Youtube TV or add on to Youtube Premium Channels.  Either way it seems there is a monthly subscription required prior to the add on package of the ticket, unless I am misunderstanding something.

Pretty sure YouTube Premium is a la carte
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2022, 03:14 PM)treee Wrote: Pretty sure YouTube Premium is a la carte
From what I can find, it costs $12-$17 per month to have, before adding any options.  Granted, that is much less than the cost of a TV service, but it will still have a service charge on top of the cost of the ST package.
Reply/Quote
Youtube has announced its pricing for Sunday Ticket

https://blog.youtube/news-and-events/nfl-sunday-ticket-presale-2023/

Quote:For our YouTube TV members with a Base Plan, the NFL Sunday Ticket add-on is available during the presale at $249 for the season, a special launch offer savings of $100 off the retail price of $349 for the season. We are also offering a bundle option with NFL Sunday Ticket and NFL RedZone for a total of $289 for the season during the presale, another launch offer of $100 off the retail price of $389 for the season. Fans who sign up for NFL Sunday Ticket with the YouTube TV Base Plan will have access to not only 100+ live channels, but also every Sunday game, including local, national, and out-of-market games.

And for viewers who just want NFL Sunday Ticket without the full YouTube TV offering, we got you covered. For the first time, NFL Sunday Ticket is broadly available without a satellite subscription through YouTube Primetime Channels.

On Primetime Channels, NFL Sunday Ticket is available during the presale at $349 for the season, a special launch offer savings of $100 off the retail price of $449 for the season. And the bundled NFL Sunday Ticket and NFL Redzone option is available during the presale at $389 for the season, another launch offer of $100 off the retail price of $489 for the season.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2023, 11:59 AM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Youtube has announced its pricing for Sunday Ticket

https://blog.youtube/news-and-events/nfl-sunday-ticket-presale-2023/

$350-450 to watch the games?

[Image: steve-the-pirate-it-be-the-sea.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If anything kills this sport, it will be this kind of greed. Who, besides sports bars, is really going to pay those prices? Who even has time to watch 16 football games a week? They'd be way better off offering an a'la carte service where you can watch YOUR team's games for like 100 bucks. I'd pay that. I'm not going to pay to watch teams I care nothing about.
Reply/Quote
A gym membership motivates you to get in shape to get your moneys worth.

A tv subscription motivates you to sit around, do nothing, and let the media tell you how to think.

I think I’m going to go with the option of nfl rewind and watch the games not on the antenna after they happen. I did that last year and Sunday didn’t feel like such a wasted day. I feel more accomplished and get outside more that way.

I expect a lot of prime time games and televised games with burrow at qb. If I see 6-8 games a year live, plus postseason, that’s perfect.
Reply/Quote