Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZACH BROWN
Zach Brown has been released by the Redskins but the Redskins had a lot of teams interested in trading for him but they couldn't get a deal done so decided to release him.

29 years old, really good in coverage and tackling... Would be a really solid pickup

Was top 3 in PFF Grades for Linebackers this past season.

PLEASE.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Yeah the Bengals should hop on this now so we should see him sign with someone else today

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
And won’t affect our comp pick allocations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This is our Super Bowl, we need to go all out here. I was up for moving from 11 to 15 for him. The fact no one took him at his current 10 a year contract signals to me he is probably going to come in lower than that with a new deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 12:39 PM)Au165 Wrote: This is our Super Bowl, we need to go all out here. I was up for moving from 11 to 15 for him. The fact no one took him at his current 10 a year contract signals to me he is probably going to come in lower than that with a new deal.

I was just going to ask, how much do we think he wants or what the asking price is? 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 12:55 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I was just going to ask, how much do we think he wants or what the asking price is? 

I honestly think a deal similar to Preston Brown would work.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 01:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: I honestly think a deal similar to Preston Brown would work.

If that's the case, I'd dump Burfict now and go all in getting Zach Brown.
Reply/Quote
So we will have the 3 B's at LBer?
Reply/Quote
So they'd rather get nothing for him then something/anything?

Something seems fishy about that.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
This would be a good signing.
Reply/Quote
Nah, we got Preston Brown, so we're good. No further upgrades needed.
Reply/Quote
Yeah dump Burfict and Sign Zach Brown. Last thing we need to do is drop 10 million in the cap to Burfict next year.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Seeing what the Jets want for Darron Lee wouldn't be a bad idea either. He would be the WLB.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 01:16 PM)jj22 Wrote: So they'd rather get nothing for him then something/anything?

Something seems fishy about that.

avoiding a bonus that is probly due 3/15
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 12:34 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Zach Brown has been released by the Redskins but the Redskins had a lot of teams interested in trading for him but they couldn't get a deal done so decided to release him.

Total BS.

I don't care if it was nothing but a 7th round pick I'd take it instead of releasing him for nothing.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 01:42 PM)Okeana Wrote: Yeah dump Burfict and Sign Zach Brown.  Last thing we need to do is drop 10 million in the cap to Burfict next year.

Agreed, cut vet that can cover and healthy  background.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 02:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Total BS.

I don't care if it was nothing but a 7th round pick I'd take it instead of releasing him for nothing.

If they cut him they can designate him a post June 1st cut and Spread the cap hit, if they trade him it’s accelerated and they eat it all immediately. They are apparently still working deals and need cap space.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 02:10 PM)Au165 Wrote: If they cut him they can designate him a post June 1st cut and Spread the cap hit, if they trade him it’s accelerated and they eat it all immediately. They are apparently still working deals and need cap space.

I thought they had to wait until after June 1st to release him in order to do this.

What is the point of having a rule with a date if the date does not matter?
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 01:45 PM)Synric Wrote: Seeing what the Jets want for Darron Lee wouldn't be a bad idea either. He would be the WLB.

Agreed. Supposedly it could be as little as a 6th Round pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2019, 02:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I thought they had to wait until after June 1st to release him in order to do this.

What is the point of having a rule with a date if the date does not matter?

No clue why they allow it but you can designate them in March as a post June 1st cut. 
Reply/Quote