Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZIMMER VS BENGALS
I'll roll the dice and call this BEFORE the game, so not to be told after about 20/20 hindsight. My gut feeling at 5 AM Sunday morning is that in 12 hours ZIMMER is going to be a major talking point. Why do the Vikings have him and not us ? I have seen people on here talking Jay Gruden, but lets face it. Nothing against Jay Gruden but how did we let this Bill Parcells coached up Zimmer get away. Imagine that, Zimmer took over the Vikings with no defense and now they have one of the best defenses in NFL under Zimmer, Imagine That. Who would have thunk it....I'll go out on a limb and predict Zimmers defense shuts down Bengals awful O line and with injuries to Eifert, Hill, and top picks Ross and Mixon the Vikings will have a pretty easy day of it. Add in that the Bengals quit last week against the Bears and just look flat and ready to call it a season. The Bengals defense has been awful the last couple weeks as they stop on plays watching players run past them for touchdowns. Then there are all the Bengals penalties. Nope, my gut feeling is in 12 hours people will be on here talking Zimmer and how his team just crushed us, and how did Bengals let Zimmer get away ???....Lets face it, Marvin wasn't doing much and Zimmer came here from coaching under Bill Parcells and also Dallas Cowboys. Under Zimmer the Bengals got real good. Now the Vikings are real good and Bengals are real bad again. Who would have Thunk it ???....There were people on here at the time that said make Marvin GM and Zimmer head coach. I was for it, but we all knew Mike Brown would never do it, we knew that. I have seen the enemy, and it am Mike Brown. ...I could be wrong and Bengals get an upset, but I have a feeling Zimmer is going to beat the Bengals pretty easy. I see Bengs going 3 and out all day against Zim, and Vikings play-off bound offense has Thielen, Murray, Keenum will plow through our Bengs. .....After watching Zimmer on sidelines, Bengals fans will remember him and there will be much regrets we let Zimmer get away. I give Zimmer and Vikings coaches and owner and GM, yes, a GM, I give them much credit for making bold moves at QB the last 2 years with their top pick QB injured. Media experts thought Vikings were last place without their QB, but Zim and Vikings proved them wrong in 2016 and 2017 with Bradford and now Keenum. I'm not one bit surprised the Bill Parcells trained Zimmer is still winning up in Minnesota.

Also I look for Ravens Defense to slam the door on Browns. Good chance Ravens and Vikings come close to shutting out the State of Ohio teams today. Just too much defense for the not very good Ohio teams today. PURPLE is the color of the day as both Ohio teams probably get taken out behind the wood shed.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Sounds legit. Zimmer is a fan favorite in Cincinnati. We will always miss him and wish him the best. As for fans wondering how the Bengals let him get away? Well, you already know by now there's no shocking revelation or heartbreak there because we have become somewhat callused to idiotic decisions from the organization. Who don't they let get away with good talent? Don't mention Dre K or I will laugh myself into cardiac arrest!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Zimmer is currently doing well in Minny; however, the Bengals are not the only team that let him "get away". Zims has just started his career as a HC in the NFL and there are only 5 HCs older than he.

I'll also make a bold prediction:

I will be in the minority this afternoon when I am rooting for the Bengals to beat the Zimmer lead Vikings.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Zimmer is probably the best, but we've had a lot of good coaches come up under Marvin. If Marvin was the one who picked them, it'd be just another good reason to have him in the FO.
Reply/Quote
Zimmer is still a Bengal at heart.

That is why he will help us get a better draft pick today.

Go Bengals ! ........but have a bad feeling about this one.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 09:48 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Zimmer is currently doing well in Minny; however, the Bengals are not the only team that let him "get away". Zims has just started his career as a HC in the NFL and there are only 5 HCs older than he.

I'll also make a bold prediction:

I will be in the minority this afternoon when I am rooting for the Bengals to beat the Zimmer lead Vikings.

Ok. that's one. Anyone else?

Yeah, inside I am a bit torn. But the way I see it, every Zimmer victory is a slap in the face of this organization. We let go of a DC and LB coach. If Zimmer was given the HC job, his son would be promoted to DC and still have guidance from Mike if things go wrong. This would have been a strengthening that would have helped us build a running game from the ground up since the defense would have been in place. 

But that boat has sailed. There is no one else I can think of as a HC that would be able to turn this organization around other than Zimmer. So, deeper into the Pit of Misery we go! DILLY DILLY!!!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 07:51 AM)kevin Wrote: I'll roll the dice and call this BEFORE the game, so not to be told after about 20/20 hindsight.  My gut feeling at 5 AM Sunday morning is that in 12 hours ZIMMER is going to be a major talking point. Why do the Vikings have him and not us ?  I have seen people on here talking Jay Gruden, but lets face it. Nothing against Jay Gruden but how did we let this Bill Parcells coached up Zimmer get away.  Imagine that, Zimmer took over the Vikings with no defense and now they have one of the best defenses in NFL under Zimmer, Imagine That. Who would have thunk it....I'll go out on a limb and predict Zimmers defense shuts down Bengals awful O line and with injuries to Eifert, Hill, and top picks Ross and Mixon the Vikings will have a pretty easy day of it.  Add in that the Bengals quit last week against the Bears and just look flat and ready to call it a season. The Bengals defense has been awful the last couple weeks as they stop on plays watching players run past them for touchdowns. Then there are all the Bengals penalties.  Nope, my gut feeling is in 12 hours people will be on here talking Zimmer and how his team just crushed us, and how did Bengals let Zimmer get away ???....Lets face it, Marvin wasn't doing much and Zimmer came here from coaching under Bill Parcells and also Dallas Cowboys. Under Zimmer the Bengals got real good. Now the Vikings are real good and Bengals are real bad again. Who would have Thunk it ???....There were people on here at the time that said make Marvin GM and Zimmer head coach. I was for it, but we all knew Mike Brown would never do it, we knew that.  I have seen the enemy, and it am Mike Brown.  ...I could be wrong and Bengals get an upset, but I have a feeling Zimmer is going to beat the Bengals pretty easy. I see Bengs going 3 and out all day against Zim, and Vikings play-off bound offense has Thielen, Murray, Keenum will plow through our Bengs. .....After watching Zimmer on sidelines, Bengals fans will remember him and there will be much regrets we let Zimmer get away.  I give Zimmer and Vikings coaches and owner and GM, yes, a GM, I give them much credit for making bold moves at QB the last 2 years with their top pick QB injured.  Media experts thought Vikings were last place without their QB, but Zim and Vikings proved them wrong in 2016 and 2017 with Bradford and now Keenum.   I'm not one bit surprised the Bill Parcells trained Zimmer is still winning up in Minnesota.

Also I look for Ravens Defense to slam the door on Browns.  Good chance Ravens and Vikings come close to shutting out the State of Ohio teams today.  Just too much defense for the not very good Ohio teams today.  PURPLE is the color of the day as both Ohio teams probably get taken out behind the wood shed.

A day where two purples beats both "Browns".
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 10:26 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Ok. that's one. Anyone else?

Yeah, right here.  Somehow in his absence the people here have imagined him into this NFL HC version of Chuck Norris.  Feel free to do so, but he's gone and never ever (EVER EVER!) coming back, so the sooner we as a fanbase can accept that and move on, the better the discourse on the board will be.  

Oh, and **** the Vikings, today and every day.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote