Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ZT Coach of the Year Odds
(07-02-2021, 12:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes, I can't imagine ZT and Co. surviving a 4-13 season. I still get confused on the numbers for 17 game season, lol. I mean we've only been playing 16 since 1975 or something. 

Oh the excuse army will come up with something I'm sure but IMHO he's used all his excuses up and then some.

I'm not hoping he/they fail, I'm not wanting them to stink. I just have a hard time believing as bad as they've stunk they're just gonna get it all together now. Hope I'm wrong.

Why is it so hard for people to believe there are fans of this team that feel this way? 

I would LOVE for them to be sucesssful. I would LOVE for Zac to become Bill Belichick of the 2020's. 

I would LOVE for the Bengals to be the Patriots of the 2020's.  

However, I see better than i hear.  Show me on the field you've improved and not just words.  

Lou show me you have the ability to call a good defensive scheme, ect. 

I want to believe trust me.  However, the last 5 years have felt like the Lost Decade of the 90's just in a smaller dose. 
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2021, 12:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh the excuse army will come up with something I'm sure but IMHO he's used all his excuses up and then some.

Well, Lou is his DC...how many HCs can succeed with Lou as their DC?  Bring back Zac!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2021, 12:36 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Why is it so hard for people to believe there are fans of this team that feel this way? 

I would LOVE for them to be sucesssful. I would LOVE for Zac to become Bill Belichick of the 2020's. 

I would LOVE for the Bengals to be the Patriots of the 2020's.  

However, I see better than i hear.  Show me on the field you've improved and not just words.  

Lou show me you have the ability to call a good defensive scheme, ect. 

I want to believe trust me.  However, the last 5 years have felt like the Lost Decade of the 90's just in a smaller dose. 

Yup

What we believe we are on paper or however you want to put it rah-rah stuff is great. But we have to put W's up on the scoreboard or it's just wind. 

Hell I'll settle for .500 or touch above if they just look like a real NFL team most of the time and aren't giving up 400 yards rushing a game and getting beat by 35.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2021, 12:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, Lou is his DC...how many HCs can succeed with Lou as their DC?  Bring back Zac!

Technically half the team is still on their rookie season.

Ninja
Reply/Quote
ZT can't likely turn this team around without Lou turning this team around and they both haven't done anything to indicate they can turn it around, and needing lightning to strike twice requires exponentially more hope.

Can ZT and Lou both turn it around?  Sure.  And then the other guy from WHAM and Pete Best will join forces and make the best album of 2021.

Also, we talk about ZT the way people normally talk about a 3rd string, unproven QB.  Sure, his resume says he's likely to be zilch, but if he's in the right situation and he gets a shot....you never know!
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2021, 01:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: ZT can't likely turn this team around without Lou turning this team around and they both haven't done anything to indicate they can turn it around, and needing lightning to strike twice requires exponentially more hope.

Can ZT and Lou both turn it around?  Sure.  And then the other guy from WHAM and Pete Best will join forces and make the best album of 2021.

Also, we talk about ZT the way people normally talk about a 3rd string, unproven QB.  Sure, his resume says he's likely to be zilch, but if he's in the right situation and he gets a shot....you never know!

Indeed

Do I believe this team will improve this season ? Absolutely

Do I believe this Coaching staff/ZT is going to take a gigantic leap forward to coach of the year, winning a playoff game area ? Highly doubt it.

If we come in 8,9,10 win area and look like we belong on an NFL field in the losses I'll reconsider my stance on ZT and Co. We have 6 wins or less I'll never believe there's any hope with this bunch.
Reply/Quote
(07-02-2021, 12:30 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes, I can't imagine ZT and Co. surviving a 4-13 season. I still get confused on the numbers for 17 game season, lol. I mean we've only been playing 16 since 1975 or something. 

Oh the excuse army will come up with something I'm sure but IMHO he's used all his excuses up and then some.

I'm not hoping he/they fail, I'm not wanting them to stink. I just have a hard time believing as bad as they've stunk they're just gonna get it all together now. Hope I'm wrong.

I have optimism based on the following things:

-What I saw from Burrow last year
-The weapons on offense
-Improvements on the offensive line
-Frank Pollack

However, that is just on one side of the ball.  I have no idea what we will see from the defense.  Three new starting CBs.  They did add talent in Ogunjobi and Hendrickson as well.  Reader returning.  The fact that ZT has shown he does play rookies gives me hope that Ossai can make an impact as well, but there are so many question marks on that side of the ball.  The offense should be at least good, with potential to be very good.  The defense could be anywhere from pathetic to good.  That will determine our win totals.  

One thing is for sure, though.  If the weapons on offense stay healthy, it will be a fun team to watch.  Might win or lose a lot of shootouts.  
Reply/Quote
(07-01-2021, 11:56 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: Best case scenario this season is Bengals get 8 wins

That’s not winning Zac Taylor coach of the year

I think our best case scenario is more than 8 wins. We’re not that god awful. That would include injuries decimating our opponents while we stay healthy and coaches do a good job and so on an so forth.

Realistically though yeah 8 wins is probably one of our better outcomes
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2021, 10:41 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I think our best case scenario is more than 8 wins. We’re not that god awful. That would include injuries decimating our opponents while we stay healthy and coaches do a good job and so on an so forth.

Realistically though yeah 8 wins is probably one of our better outcomes

Four wins and a tie with last year's MASH unit on defense and without Burrow makes 8 wins seem a lot more attainable, doesn't it? 

That being said, my guess is 10 wins.  Yes, that is an optimistic guess and it would take a lot of good health and a bit of luck, but I think 10-7 and squeaking in to the playoffs is attainable and would be amazing.  I love the youth and energy of this team.  The roster has truly turned over.  Reminds me a bit of the 2011 Bengals.  No one gave that team a chance, either.  
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2021, 01:42 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: love the youth and energy of this team.  The roster has truly turned over.  Reminds me a bit of the 2011 Bengals.  No one gave that team a chance, either.  

The squad to take that mantle this year would be the Texans. Proven starter wants out, non-1st round pick QB taking over, high profile veterans departing for other teams.  Could Davis Mills lead that team to the playoffs and give the haters some crow to eat?  I doubt it, but ehh...everyone thinks they'll be 0-17 or so.  We have a 1st overall pick going into his second year.  We need to be good, we aren't some sleeper hit.  If we aren't good people need fired.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2021, 02:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The squad to take that mantle this year would be the Texans.  Proven starter wants out, non-1st round pick QB taking over, high profile veterans departing for other teams.  Could Davis Mills lead that team to the playoffs and give the haters some crow to eat?  I doubt it, but ehh...everyone thinks they'll be 0-17 or so.  We have a 1st overall pick going into his second year.  We need to be good, we aren't some sleeper hit.  If we aren't good people need fired.

This just reminded me, what in the hell is going to happen with Deshaun Watson?

It seems like there was news coming out everyday, with different lawsuits and accusations.  Now it seems relatively quiet.  I haven't exactly been lookiing for updates so I'm not sure where things are at.

I can't see any team trading for him until this situation is resolved, and I'm not even sure the Texans or the NFL can have him suiting up as long as this is hanging over his head.  So does that mean he gets suspended, or put on the exempt list?  Will he get paid? 

What a shitshow.  I almost feel bad for Texans fans.  Almost.
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2021, 02:19 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This just reminded me, what in the hell is going to happen with Deshaun Watson?

It seems like there was news coming out everyday, with different lawsuits and accusations.  Now it seems relatively quiet.  I haven't exactly been lookiing for updates so I'm not sure where things are at.

I can't see any team trading for him until this situation is resolved, and I'm not even sure the Texans or the NFL can have him suiting up as long as this is hanging over his head.  So does that mean he gets suspended, or put on the exempt list?  Will he get paid? 

I think he gets put on the exempt list and the Texans have to pay him.  I'd feel badly for him, but they had the chance to trade him for a haul of picks before his happened and they chose to keep him there, as was their right, and stuff like that can blow up in your face.  When someone is a pain in the ass and wants out you should sell that person at his highest value and move on.

My ex wife will attest to how ineffective forcing someone to stay is.
Reply/Quote
There will be the March of Zac Statue someday as hoards of fans chip in dimes, dollars! Tens of dollars! MILLIONS of dollars just for a chance to see the unveiling of the bronze statue of Zac on Fountain square.. Right after Elmer Fudd is elected president of the United States of Bugs.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-03-2021, 02:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The squad to take that mantle this year would be the Texans.  Proven starter wants out, non-1st round pick QB taking over, high profile veterans departing for other teams.  Could Davis Mills lead that team to the playoffs and give the haters some crow to eat?  I doubt it, but ehh...everyone thinks they'll be 0-17 or so.  We have a 1st overall pick going into his second year.  We need to be good, we aren't some sleeper hit.  If we aren't good people need fired.

Agreed, and I was speaking more of the National perception of the team.  The division being so loaded doesn't help, but I hear ya.

One bet that I think is free money is the Texans at home week 1 are getting three points against the Jags.  I don't care if they have Lawrence.  That is one horrible roster.  
Reply/Quote
If Zac makes the playoffs he should win coach of the year.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(07-04-2021, 10:59 AM)EatonFan Wrote: If Zac makes the playoffs he should win coach of the year.

Agreed.  That is why I posted this.  I think those odds are crazy high and was worth a few dollars. 
Reply/Quote
(07-03-2021, 02:19 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This just reminded me, what in the hell is going to happen with Deshaun Watson?

I haven't followed it closely, I just know there are numerous women accusing him, and several who gave him massages who said he was a perfect gentleman (were they ugly?) I did hear them talking about him on Sirius the other day, and their take was he would not see an NFL field this year, and maybe never again. Too much me too cancel culture and all that crap for teams to want to deal with it. Meanwhile, in Shitsburgh, they continue to worship the rapist. 
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2021, 11:13 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I haven't followed it closely, I just know there are numerous women accusing him, and several who gave him massages who said he was a perfect gentleman (were they ugly?) I did hear them talking about him on Sirius the other day, and their take was he would not see an NFL field this year, and maybe never again. Too much me too cancel culture and all that crap for teams to want to deal with it. Meanwhile, in Shitsburgh, they continue to worship the rapist. 

Uh, REP!!!

Exactly.  And the legion of parental basement-dwelling fatass losers will always say "He wasn't convicted".  Yeah.  He gave away a SEVEN figure settlement TWICE because he is a nice guy.  Those settlements include clauses that force the details of the case be sealed and can never go public.

Mike Vick went to prison for two years for killing dogs (and I HATE the MFr for that), but Piggy raped women (he was doing that same shit at Miami (allegedly) and got away with it there, too).  He is an absolute scumbag and I want the crowd to chant SHE SAID NO! When is is pathetically inducted in to the HoF because he was lucky enough to play with the best defenses and rushing attacks in the league for a lot of his career.  

Can you tell I don't like him?  I am still trying to prove he wasn't born in Ohio.  
Reply/Quote