Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZT and Team New Traditions
https://www.bengals.com/photos/photos-ted-karras-cordell-volson-game-balls-oak-tavern

How cool is it ZT started a tradition in 2021 after playoff wins for himself, other coaches and players to stop by local bars. This above is from the Bengals home page and has 8 photos of Karras and Volson at bar in Oakley.

ZT also visited a bar, I saw a video, but can't find it.

ZT is a player's coach and a fan's coach.

Thoughts on this newer tradition that began after Bengal's first playoff win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Nothing to dislike about this tradition.

Zac Rocks !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Love it, getting the fans involved is to cool.
Reply/Quote
As much as the team has upped their general fan engagement through social media and game experience, I'm a huge fan of this game ball delivery thing. The connection with fans in person, by the team and not just through a screen. It makes the passion from the fans a bit more grass roots and "real." I saw this on IG yesterday and loved that it was players and not just Zac getting involved. Pretty cool and hoping over the coming years lots and lots of new places get game balls as well!
Reply/Quote
They sent one of the balls to Phebe's in New York City. My honorary niece got a picture with it. Zac accidentally wrote 2022 at first.

This is the video of Zac's delivery at Rhinehaus. I'm still disappointed they didn't deliver one to a bar in Buffalo but maybe there is a Bengal bar in Kansas City

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
It's nice being a fan of a team that stops by local bars for purposes that don't involve committing and covering up sexual assaults.
Reply/Quote
One of the best things Zac has done.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 02:29 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: One of the best things Zac has done.

I agree, but it only works because he is winning playoff games.

So simple, but so effective way to interact with fans one on one. ZT could run for mayor and win.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
What I find to be the coolest part about all of it is that he envisioned this during the losing. We talk about Joe's confidence, which is off the charts, but it seems ol Zac is quietly very confident himself. I mean, you're in the midst of winning six games in two years, and you come up with a plan to hand out game balls after playoff wins. Talk about believing in yourself.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 10:30 AM)Wyche Wrote: What I find to be the coolest part about all of it is that he envisioned this during the losing. We talk about Joe's confidence, which is off the charts, but it seems ol Zac is quietly very confident himself. I mean, you're in the midst of winning six games in two years, and you come up with a plan to hand out game balls after playoff wins. Talk about believing in yourself.

To think we have a great coach, great coaching staff, a franchise potential HOF QB and WR and defense that eats nails is like a dream. The fans of the Bengals suffered for so long, but now we get to watch every game knowing regardless of the opponent, we can win.

I remember seeing the threads in preseason of lots of doubt, lot of fans saying our SOS would be hard to overcome. Then we start 0-2, then get to 4-4 and it appears maybe we would not have a good 2022. But, this team shocked the NFL world again, reeling off 8 straight wins proving they have the coaching and the roster capable of winning the 4 games needed in a row to win it all.

I love this team and loce all of the fans I have suffered with both at the stadium when I was a season ticket holder and those on this board.

Who Dey everyone, enjoy the journey.

Reply/Quote