Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZT finely call out linebackers
I hope they go after Jamie Collins in free agency. Collins will be 31 next year but hes having the best year of his career. He would bring speed explosion playmaking and most important experience to a LB that is lacking in most of those areas.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 11:07 AM)Synric Wrote: I hope they go after Jamie Collins in free agency. Collins will be 31 next year but hes having the best year of his career. He would bring speed explosion playmaking and most important experience to a LB that is lacking in most of those areas.

Sadly, it seems like when we sign LB's we get Browns Jamie Collins more than Patriots Jamie Collins.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 02:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Sadly, it seems like when we sign LB's we get Browns Jamie Collins more than Patriots Jamie Collins.

That's a defeatist attitude.

The Bengals like to sign free agents to play linebacker. Jamie Collins would be a solid option to replace Nick Vigil. Hopefully Germaine Pratt shows something this year plus draft a guy like Baron Browning out of Ohio State if he declares, Joe Bachi Michigan State, or Troy Dye Oregon.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 02:14 PM)Synric Wrote: That's a defeatist attitude.

The Bengals like to sign free agents to play linebacker. Jamie Collins would be a solid option to replace Nick Vigil. Hopefully Germaine Pratt shows something this year plus draft a guy like Baron Browning out of Ohio State if he declares, Joe Bachi Michigan State, or Troy Dye Oregon.

Collins went to the Browns...and was not very good there. That's my point...outside of the Patriots system...he wasn't good.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 11:01 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I think Ryan Finally had some choice words as well. 

That would've been a good nickname had he played up to it.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 02:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Collins went to the Browns...and was not very good there. That's my point...outside of the Patriots system...he wasn't good.

Not every player does well in every system.
This staff needs to properly identify what schemes they want to run and then find players to fit those schemes.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 02:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Collins went to the Browns...and was not very good there. That's my point...outside of the Patriots system...he wasn't good.

They also used him on the edge/SAM

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 02:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not every player does well in every system.
This staff needs to properly identify what schemes they want to run and then find players to fit those schemes.

Indeed.

Honestly, with the DC search...there was no system identified and then the DC selected to fit that. Different guys wanted to run different systems.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 02:34 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Indeed.

Honestly, with the DC search...there was no system identified and then the DC selected to fit that. Different guys wanted to run different systems.

Not to mention that Anarumo was hired on Feb 21.
The NFL Combine was just a week later.
Free Agency just a couple weeks after that.

It's highly likely that they weren't prepared by the time FA started, and that's why we saw so many guys re-signed when we thought they could get better players elsewhere.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 02:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not to mention that Anarumo was hired on Feb 21.

It's highly likely that they weren't prepared by the time FA started, and that's why we saw so many guys re-signed when we thought they could get better players elsewhere.

I bitched about every element of the DC search and people kept yelling at me for being too negative and that the process "takes that much time."

I'm not sure when we'll run out of fans who try to pump sunshine or justify things this colossal avocado fart of a franchise does, but that day may be coming. If I can't live to see these guys win a super bowl, I at least want to see realism adopted universally. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 02:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not to mention that Anarumo was hired on Feb 21.

I don't accept that at all.  NFL coaches are supposed to be work-a-holics.  Any DC hired could have broken down the defensive tape of every 2018 Bengal game in just a couple of days.  These guys have been analyzing game tape for years.  They very quickly knew absolutely everything about what every player we had did on the field last year.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 02:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't accept that at all.  NFL coaches are supposed to be work-a-holics.  Any DC hired could have broken down the defensive tape of every 2018 Bengal game in just a couple of days.  These guys have been analyzing game tape for years.  They very quickly knew absolutely everything about what every player we had did on the field last year.

Isn't it even worse if you're right?
I also wasn't referring to the current players but rather other players outside of the organization. They may not have had time to watch tape on every FA that was about to hit the market and assess if any were better than what the Bengals had.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 02:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't accept that at all.  NFL coaches are supposed to be work-a-holics.  Any DC hired could have broken down the defensive tape of every 2018 Bengal game in just a couple of days.  These guys have been analyzing game tape for years.  They very quickly knew absolutely everything about what every player we had did on the field last year.

This is sarcasm, right?
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 11:06 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: Glad to see this finely. At least he realizes there is a problem there.  

“One area where we need to step up is at linebacker. Someone needs to step up and be a leader there. We've been waiting on that and shuffling the lineup around waiting on someone to step up and be consistent and be a leader in that room. We're still waiting on that. That's the challenge for those guys in that room right now.”

First time he has identify a position.  Next to Daltons benching.  Usually just says just one player missed his job on one play.  And it is not the same player or same play every time.  

The only problem is lack of drive and talent at that position.

Let the winning begin.   New Dey

Wow. This guy is slow in the head.

He has finally figured out that he had Mixon on the roster and that he should be used. That only took half the season for him to figure out. Now, he's figured out that the LBers suck ass. Wow!

How many threads have we had on the LBers? (going back into the off season before the draft, it was one of our biggest areas of weakness. This numbskull has finally figured it out?)

At this rate, he might figure out how to get win before he turns 40.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 11:06 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: Glad to see this finely. At least he realizes there is a problem there.  

“One area where we need to step up is at linebacker. Someone needs to step up and be a leader there. We've been waiting on that and shuffling the lineup around waiting on someone to step up and be consistent and be a leader in that room. We're still waiting on that. That's the challenge for those guys in that room right now.”

First time he has identify a position.  Next to Daltons benching.  Usually just says just one player missed his job on one play.  And it is not the same player or same play every time.  

The only problem is lack of drive and talent at that position.

Let the winning begin.   New Dey

I find that the current coaches  are over his heads. The issue isn't the players but the system, it simply horrible and you can see it each week as the Bengals play. 

The problem is the team doesn't have the man power to run the system the coaches tried to implement. Instead, of adjusting the system to the players they tried to plug squares into round holes and we all know how good that works. 

I'm sorry but the Bengals are just god awful and will continue to be god awful until the coaches can get players that fit their system or maybe let the coaches go and get coaches that know how to coach up players and adjust the system to the player. 
Reply/Quote
There is NO system that can be run that will make our LB's or OL look good - NONE. They have sucked ass for 3 plus years.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 01:03 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I first read this as ZT and Finley call out the linebackers.

Or, it could be read as "ZT called out the LBs, in a very fine manner".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 03:34 PM)Tomkat Wrote: This is sarcasm, right?

No.  This is not sarcasm at all.  A tape of every Bengal defensive snap from a game last no more than 15-20 minutes.  Of course it takes time to rewind and rewatch many of the plays, but these guys are pros and can burn through them fast.

It takes some skill, but it is not rocket science.  No reason a coach couldn't break down every defensive tape for a whole season in a couple of days.

To claim they didn't know about there own players in two weeks is absurd..
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 02:14 PM)Synric Wrote: That's a defeatist attitude.

Lately, the Bengals have only been offering prove it deals to aging LBers. See James Harrison, AJ Hawk and Kevin Mentor.

I don't see Collins taking a prove-it deal for the simple reason is that he's already proved himself.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 07:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  This is not sarcasm at all.  A tape of every Bengal defensive snap from a game last no more than 15-20 minutes.  Of course it takes time to rewind and rewatch many of the plays, but these guys are pros and can burn through them fast.

It takes some skill, but it is not rocket science.  No reason a coach couldn't break down every defensive tape for a whole season in a couple of days.

To claim they didn't know about there own players in two weeks is absurd..

Maybe these coaches aren't very competent at watching film. That is plausible given how incompetent their team has preformed this season.

Reply/Quote