Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZT was Tannehill's QB coach in Miami
(01-20-2022, 03:41 AM)Wyche Wrote: It's almost like he went to a better team or something.... Hmm

That actually includes 2 years still at Miami.

Tannehill under Taylor at Miami: 61.9% Completion, 3.9% TD/2.4% INT, 6.9 YPA, 85.2 QB Rating
Tannehill after Taylor at Miami: 65.9% Completion, 5.4% TD/3.2% INT, 7.5 YPA, 93.2 QB Rating

There was still a pretty significant difference between the two even if you exclude Tennessee entirely.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 11:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He was a graduate assistant at Texas A&M. "Coached" seems like a strong term, but yeah. It is strange.

- - - - - - -

As for the OP, I don't think Taylor will know any secret weaknesses or anything.

Tannehill under Taylor: 61.9% Completion, 3.9% TD/2.4% INT, 6.9 YPA, 85.2 QB Rating
Tannehill after Taylor: 66.8% Completion, 5.7% TD/2.4% INT, 7.8 YPA, 99.0 QB Rating

That's not even really the same QB anymore. If I removed the names off those stat lines you wouldn't think "oh yeah, same guy".

I completely get what you are doing here, but I also think this highlights how inept the Dolphins were from a talent and front office standpoint.  Tannehill isn't wowing everyone with his play week in and week out, but he is capable and a solid athlete and that was all the Titans needed.  Let's not forget, they gave up next to nothing to get him.  He also costs less than Kirk Cousins.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Cool, maybe he can recruit him to be our back up QB.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 03:55 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Lou Anarumo was on that staff too, and faced Tannehill in practice for 5 years.

I was going to ask this question as I also thought this. Thanks Holic, always onto it before me lol

These are advantages for us same with us getting healthy with Trey, Tupou and Morgan. These guys will be essential. 

Need Tupou for depth at DT in stopping the run and Morgan on ST's and blocking on Offense.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 11:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Zac doesn't have a clue what his weakness is.  If he did then he would have fixed it like the Titan coaches did.

As usually Fred nails it. Shout out to that awesome Titan's coaching staff. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2022, 12:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As usually Fred nails it. Shout out to that awesome Titan's coaching staff. 

LOLOL well said.  Fred was ready to bury ZT and crown Vrabel all week can't wait for his new hot take this week...

Cigar
Reply/Quote