Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZZ Top
Anyone ever wonder why ZZ Topp's drummer is named Frank Beard, yet he doesn't have one like Dusty and Billy? That bothers me. Thank you for your time. Rock On
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 03:49 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Anyone ever wonder why ZZ Topp's drummer is named Frank Beard, yet he doesn't have one like Dusty and Billy?  That bothers me.  Thank you for your time.   Rock On

Everyone knows a beard can't grow a beard!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 11:44 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Everyone knows a beard can't grow a beard!

Hilarious   Good one!  rep
Reply/Quote
They still have 3 beards in the band!

Side note, there was a documentary about them on Netflix I watched sometime last year and really enjoyed. I've always loved their music, but it was cool to get some background I'd never had before.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 02:32 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: They still have 3 beards in the band!  

Side note, there was a documentary about them on Netflix I watched sometime last year and really enjoyed.  I've always loved their music, but it was cool to get some background I'd never had before.

Personally I think Billy Gibbons is way underrated as a guitarist.  You seldom hear his name mentioned with the greats, but his style is certainly awesome.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 03:17 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Personally I think Billy Gibbons is way underrated as a guitarist.  You seldom hear his name mentioned with the greats, but his style is certainly awesome.

which leads to the next question: whats fave ZZ top song of all time?
I like " tube snake boogie"
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 04:11 PM)kalibengal Wrote: which leads to the next question: whats fave ZZ top song of all time?

Tush

Beer Drinkers and Hell Raisers
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
La Grange is probably mine.
Reply/Quote
I'm bad, I'm Nationwide, since a couple other of my favs already listed.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 04:11 PM)kalibengal Wrote: which leads to the next question: whats fave ZZ top song of all time?

Just Got Paid
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 03:17 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Personally I think Billy Gibbons is way underrated as a guitarist.  You seldom hear his name mentioned with the greats, but his style is certainly awesome.

He is underrated for sure. He does some very interesting chordal things with his playing that I really dig. He's got some techniques that are worth studying and just a monster tone.

La Grange is probably my favorite, but I love that whole Tres Hombres album. The segue from Waitin' for the Bus into Jesus Just Left Chicago always makes me smile... that whole album is gold.
Reply/Quote
My old man's friends with one of them. I think it's Frank. It might be the entire band Say What
Reply/Quote