Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Za'Darious Smith changed his mind he is not a Raven
4 yr 35 million max value of 50 million

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Ravens have been busy rebuilding the defense after Bengals thrashed them in 2021.

Great safety and now vet pass rusher
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 05:40 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Ravens have been busy rebuilding the defense after Bengals thrashed them in 2021.

Great safety and now vet pass rusher

Yes they have
Reply/Quote
With limited cap space, the ravens are making moves. Not surprised. It’s funny how teams can make things happen.

I’m not disappointed with what has been done so far, but after an greasier first few hours, it kind of went radio silent. I was expecting another OL or TE or CB by now.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 06:08 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: With limited cap space, the ravens are making moves.  Not surprised.  It’s funny how teams can make things happen.

I’m not disappointed with what has been done so far, but after an greasier first few hours, it kind of went radio silent.  I was expecting another OL or TE or CB by now.

I don't think we are done yet. The thing is as other teams spend big bucks on guys like LT Armstead, then it may take them out of competition thus giving us a one less team. It is supply and demand, once a team has little to no cap money and have gone through their cap gymnastics, a team like the Bengals who has done no cuts and gymnastics may be able to get 3 starters versus only 1.

Besides, league year just officially started. I did not see a guy like Tretter being cut and likely there will be more very good OL to be cut.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
changed his mind...Smith is back on the free agent rounds

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
For those that need a link as proof.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2022/03/zadarius-smith-not-signing-with-ravens
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:00 PM)pally Wrote: changed his mind...Smith is back on the free agent rounds

Lol lovin it! No Watson in Cleveland, Collins cut, now this! Good day and we haven’t even signed anyone important yet. Day’s not over Wink
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:04 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Lol lovin it! No Watson in Cleveland, Collins cut, now this! Good day and we haven’t even signed anyone important yet. Day’s not over Wink

FA period is always a roller coaster as teams fill needs, take your guy or we make a good move. I am glad Watson is out at Cleveland. Also appears Mayfield was denied his desire  to be traded, so he is tagged and pissed at the Browns.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2022, 04:00 PM)pally Wrote: changed his mind...Smith is back on the free agent rounds

He probably decided he didn't want to lose badly to the Bengals 2-3 times a year for the duration of that contract. Probably running back to the NFC.
Reply/Quote

For the sake of Burrow's health..... what a blessing!
Reply/Quote
Von Miller got $17.5m/yr (actually, not the fake numbers)
Chandler Jones got $17.5m/yr

Za'Darius Smith got $8.75m/yr and went "hey wait a second..."

Kind of shitty to pull out on what you agreed upon, but I guess I understand it. You have to imagine it'll be at least a ~$13m difference over 4 years even if he "just" gets $12m/yr instead. That's not a small difference. I'm more curious as to why he signed for $8.75m/yr in the first place. Guy had 12.5 sacks in 2020 and 13.5 sacks in 2019.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 12:45 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Von Miller got $17.5m/yr (actually, not the fake numbers)
Chandler Jones got $17.5m/yr

Za'Darius Smith got $8.75m/yr and went "hey wait a second..."

Kind of shitty to pull out on what you agreed upon, but I guess I understand it. You have to imagine it'll be at least a ~$13m difference over 4 years even if he "just" gets $12m/yr instead. That's not a small difference. I'm more curious as to why he signed for $8.75m/yr in the first place. Guy had 12.5 sacks in 2020 and 13.5 sacks in 2019.

I think it's more of a reflection on his agent and less on him.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Haha!!! Lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Instead of 4yr/$35m to the Ravens he got 3yr/$42m to the Vikings. Probably a smart move for him to get $7m more for 1 less year of commitment.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote