Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Zac & Sheisty
I'll tell you what.  These two guys are two of the most confident people I've ever seen at their craft. I mean, it's crazy. They both have a confidence that borders on arrogance. But when you can back up your confident, and maybe somewhat cocky, verbiage with results, then more power to them. I mean, these guys must have 12 inch Chad "Johnsons" that they swing around in their respective bedrooms. Both Zac and J.Sheisty have these innocent pretty boy faces but, my God, they will each step on your tiny tool and then force feed it to you . And then , for good measure, they'll have their way your old ladies just because they can. The duo of Zac and Sheisty are stone cold assassins!!  They do what they do with one big, giant chip on their shoulders and that carries over to every other player on this team.

Zac and Sheisty seem to feed off of each other's confidence. As a tandem, they have completely changed the mindset of this franchise from one that expected to find a way to lose a game to one that KNOWS they are going to win.  You could tell from the opening drive that this team KNEW they were gonna win this game and that the Bills were gonna be nothing more than their prison b****es. 

I hope the younger members of Bengals Board fully appreciate what they are being privileged to watch. Those who are 60 or over and have followed the Bengals since the early and mid 70's  like I have, know what I mean. We are getting to experience the Golden Age of Bengals' football. There will be down times again but probably not anytime soon with ZT and J. Sheisty in town.  In the past two seasons, we have had 5 postseason wins, equaling the total the franchise had in the previous 53 years in its history. We may win the SB this season; we may not.  Whether we do or not, the fact remains that each of us are alive at a time when Bengals football is at the best it has ever been. I hope we all remember that and appreciate it accordingly.

One day we will look back at these seasons in the sun, longingly,  and reminence with our kids and grandkids about the "Glory Days" of Bengals' football under Zac Taylor and Joe Sheisty.  We're lucky we get to experience this.

Comments???
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Asked by reporters about the ticket sales for the AFCCG game in Atlanta that will now not take place, both ZT and J. Sheisty took shots at the NFL :

Zac: "We just keep screwing it up for everybody."

Sheisty: " Better send back those refunds."

These two dudes carry chips on their shoulders the size of boulders and use it to their team's advantage. In addiition to everything else, they are master motivators. No need for Tony Robbins when you have these two motivating your squad.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:08 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Asked by reporters about the ticket sales for the AFCCG game in Atlanta that will now not take place, both ZT  and J. Sheisty took shots at the NFL :

Zac:  "We just keep screwing it up for everybody."

Sheisty:  " Better send back those refunds."

These two dudes carry chips on their shoulders the size of boulders and use it to their team's advantage. In addiition to everything else, they are master motivators. No need for Tony Robbins when you have these two motivating your squad.

And they left no doubt on the field.  A few bogus calls couldn't change the outcome.  It was a thorough domination.  I absolutely love that CTB got that amazing pick to seal it.  

Wasn't it the rental DT they signed last year in the postseason (forget his name, but the team was calling him "paycheck"?) that had the shirt that said FEA.  F*** Em All?  Or something like that.   Exactly right.  Deal with it, Goodell, you assbag.  The Bengals are going to shove that Lombardi up your steeler-loving arse on National TV.  Without lube.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 04:53 AM)Science Friction Wrote: I'll tell you what.  These two guys are two of the most confident people I've ever seen at their craft. I mean, it's crazy. They both have a confidence that borders on arrogance. But when you can back up your confident, and maybe somewhat cocky, verbiage with results, then more power to them. I mean, these guys must have 12 inch Chad "Johnsons" that they swing around in their respective bedrooms. Both Zac and J.Sheisty have these innocent pretty boy faces but, my God, they will each step on your tiny tool and then force feed it to you . And then , for good measure, they'll have their way your old ladies just because they can. The duo of Zac and Sheisty are stone cold assassins!!  They do what they do with one big, giant chip on their shoulders and that carries over to every other player on this team.

Zac and Sheisty seem to feed off of each other's confidence. As a tandem, they have completely changed the mindset of this franchise from one that expected to find a way to lose a game to one that KNOWS they are going to win.  You could tell from the opening drive that this team KNEW they were gonna win this game and that the Bills were gonna be nothing more than their prison b****es. 

I hope the younger members of Bengals Board fully appreciate what they are being privileged to watch. Those who are 60 or over and have followed the Bengals since the early and mid 70's  like I have, know what I mean. We are getting to experience the Golden Age of Bengals' football. There will be down times again but probably not anytime soon with ZT and J. Sheisty in town.  In the past two seasons, we have had 5 postseason wins, equaling the total the franchise had in the previous 53 years in its history. We may win the SB this season; we may not.  Whether we do or not, the fact remains that each of us are alive at a time when Bengals football is at the best it has ever been. I hope we all remember that and appreciate it accordingly.

One day we will look back at these seasons in the sun, longingly,  and reminence with our kids and grandkids about the "Glory Days" of Bengals' football under Zac Taylor and Joe Sheisty.  We're lucky we get to experience this.

Comments???

Careful SF, the first paragraph is bordering on the infamous "Dalton's Magnificent Dong" thread...... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I don't know if my post is worth it's own thread or exactly where to put it, so I chose this thread since the topic is tangentially related, but the Bills, to me, are the perfect example for why you DON'T HIRE DCs AS HEAD COACHES.

Like, I'm sure McDermott is great, but what defined their team was the offense (And, really, what defines every successful team nowadays is their offense). Brian Daboll took Josh Allen, who was a wonderfully made lump of clay, and shaped him into the star that he is today. But then, when it was obvious what Daboll did, he was offered a head coaching job in New York and took it. The results were apparent from the very beginning, with Daboll taking the Giants and their underwhelming roster all the way to the divisional round in the playoffs.

Meanwhile, the Bills offense has regressed into hero ball for Josh Allen with no creativity or scheming their best players open. The keys to the offense were handed to a first time offensive coordinator and he definitely seems to not have the magic that Daboll did.

And, even if he does recapture that magic and turns their offense around next year, he could potentially leave to be a HC somewhere else and the Bills would be forced to restart again.

When Marvin was our coach, we went through 5 offensive coordinators, two of which were hired as head coaches due to our success. It felt like we had to re-invent our offense both times, with varying degrees of success.

You want your offensive architect to be a permanent member of your team. That's why there's been an enormous increase in young, offensively minded head coaches who call the offense's plays. Signing Sean McDermott or DeMeco Ryans or even Lou Anarumo as your head coach means you're putting the keys to the battleship in the hands of a temporary employee. And that's dangerous.

I really hope Lou stays here long term and I know that's selfish of me, but I just think if he leaves to be a head coach somewhere else, he'll hire an unproven OC (perhaps one of our position coaches) to man his offense and that is a risky proposition in the NFL today.

Offensive stability is the key to success in the NFL. And I am hoping all the teams looking for new head coaches this off season recognize that and leave Lou's name out of their mouths (again, recognizing the selfishness of this hope).
Reply/Quote
It'd be nice to keep Lou, but I sincerely doubt ZT is going to have to search far and wide for a DC now.  Even if it doesn't last, we're currently in the best situation in the entire NFL and should be for a while.  Should be the cream o' the DC crop showing up for a job.
Reply/Quote
I gotta hand it to Zac.....even when we were losing a lot, he kept his demeanor positive and insisted it would turn around, and we'd all be very happy and look back on the losing as part of the process. Well, here we are. I admit, I thought he might be a little crazy for believing his own hype, but I guess he was crazy like a fox. We already knew what we were getting with Joe Burrow, he'd already proven doubters wrong with the best college season ever. He smoked that championship cigar, and I knew he was as confident as anyone and a little bit cocky. I never saw that with Zac until after the whole coin flip thing. All of the sudden, he goes public with his own chip on his shoulder. The dig at the scheduled neutral site game was icing on the cake. Give em hell Zac!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:20 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't know if my post is worth it's own thread or exactly where to put it, so I chose this thread since the topic is tangentially related, but the Bills, to me, are the perfect example for why you DON'T HIRE DCs AS HEAD COACHES.

Like, I'm sure McDermott is great, but what defined their team was the offense (And, really, what defines every successful team nowadays is their offense). Brian Daboll took Josh Allen, who was a wonderfully made lump of clay, and shaped him into the star that he is today. But then, when it was obvious what Daboll did, he was offered a head coaching job in New York and took it. The results were apparent from the very beginning, with Daboll taking the Giants and their underwhelming roster all the way to the divisional round in the playoffs.

Meanwhile, the Bills offense has regressed into hero ball for Josh Allen with no creativity or scheming their best players open. The keys to the offense were handed to a first time offensive coordinator and he definitely seems to not have the magic that Daboll did.

And, even if he does recapture that magic and turns their offense around next year, he could potentially leave to be a HC somewhere else and the Bills would be forced to restart again.

When Marvin was our coach, we went through 5 offensive coordinators, two of which were hired as head coaches due to our success. It felt like we had to re-invent our offense both times, with varying degrees of success.

You want your offensive architect to be a permanent member of your team. That's why there's been an enormous increase in young, offensively minded head coaches who call the offense's plays. Signing Sean McDermott or DeMeco Ryans or even Lou Anarumo as your head coach means you're putting the keys to the battleship in the hands of a temporary employee. And that's dangerous.

I really hope Lou stays here long term and I know that's selfish of me, but I just think if he leaves to be a head coach somewhere else, he'll hire an unproven OC (perhaps one of our position coaches) to man his offense and that is a risky proposition in the NFL today.

Offensive stability is the key to success in the NFL. And I am hoping all the teams looking for new head coaches this off season recognize that and leave Lou's name out of their mouths  (again, recognizing the selfishness of this hope).

Excellent point about OCs.....this bodes well for us should Callahan leave.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: Excellent point about OCs.....this bodes well for us should Callahan leave.

God help me, I even have faith in the ol' Bengals chestnut of promoting from within now.  I just hope our current Ken Zampese isn't a Ken Zampese. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: God help me, I even have faith in the ol' Bengals chestnut of promoting from within now.  I just hope our current Ken Zampese isn't a Ken Zampese. 

Oh Nate.....I had wiped that abomination from my hard drive. You had to bring him up! Tongue

Seriously, I hope that too, LoL. Joe loves Pitch though.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: Oh Nate.....I had wiped that abomination from my hard drive. You had to bring him up! Tongue

Seriously, I hope that too, LoL. Joe loves Pitch though.

Suffering through Zampese only makes these days sweeter.   And in my defense I was right to doubt that guy.  
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It'd be nice to keep Lou, but I sincerely doubt ZT is going to have to search far and wide for a DC now.  Even if it doesn't last, we're currently in the best situation in the entire NFL and should be for a while.  Should be the cream o' the DC crop showing up for a job.

Yes, I would personally like to thank Jack Del Rio for thumbing his nose at the Bengals and all the other former DC's that felt it was beneath them.   If they had not the Bengals would not have discovered that the 5th man on their list would be the actual genius.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 04:53 AM)Science Friction Wrote: I hope the younger members of Bengals Board fully appreciate what they are being privileged to watch. Those who are 60 or over and have followed the Bengals since the early and mid 70's  like I have, know what I mean. We are getting to experience the Golden Age of Bengals' football. There will be down times again but probably not anytime soon with ZT and J. Sheisty in town.  In the past two seasons, we have had 5 postseason wins, equaling the total the franchise had in the previous 53 years in its history. We may win the SB this season; we may not.  Whether we do or not, the fact remains that each of us are alive at a time when Bengals football is at the best it has ever been. I hope we all remember that and appreciate it accordingly.

Comments???
Well said, SF.  I am 70+ and I have been through it all.  This is the Bengals version of the Big Red Machine.  

Burrow = Pete
Chase = Bench
Tee = Morgan
Sam = Perez
Zac = Sparky

Enjoy it, young pups.  This team is so very special.
Reply/Quote
Let this be a lesson for organizations (not just in sports) that sometimes building the right culture and processes can take more than a year or two to really start seeing results.
I would say 80% or more of the fanbase wanted Taylor and Anarumo gone in 2021 based on 2019 and 2020 seasons.
Ownership decided to give them more time, and it's resulted in probably the best overall Bengals team I've seen since I started watching football in the 2000's.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 12:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Suffering through Zampese only makes these days sweeter.   And in my defense I was right to doubt that guy.  

I was furious with that promotion....we were both right. I recall getting taken to task by the toast over my displeasure....he never admitted he was wrong, LoL

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 01:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Let this be a lesson for organizations (not just in sports) that sometimes building the right culture and processes can take more than a year or two to really start seeing results.
I would say 80% or more of the fanbase wanted Taylor and Anarumo gone in 2021 based on 2019 and 2020 seasons.
Ownership decided to give them more time, and it's resulted in probably the best overall Bengals team I've seen since I started watching football in the 2000's.

In all fairness, I think we would have more faith in the patient approach had we not spent nearly 20 years patiently watching Marin Lewis. Anyone here who has been watching the Bengals for the Mike Brown era has been forced to be patient.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 01:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness, I think we would have more faith in the patient approach had we not spent nearly 20 years patiently watching Marin Lewis.  Anyone here who has been watching the Bengals for the Mike Brown era has been forced to be patient.

True, but most organizations/fanbases don't have the patience to wait 3+ years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 03:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: True, but most organizations/fanbases don't have the patience to wait 3+ years.

True, I almost think it comes down to the status quo the fanbase just got done dealing with.  Maybe Browns fans would be more open to waiting since they watched a bunch of losing seasons where they played musical chairs with the coaches, while Bengals fans aren't into being patient after sitting through a whole lotta Marvin years after he'd gone stale.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 01:12 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Well said, SF.  I am 70+ and I have been through it all.  This is the Bengals version of the Big Red Machine.  

Burrow = Pete
Chase = Bench
Tee = Morgan
Sam = Perez
Zac = Sparky

Enjoy it, young pups.  This team is so very special.

Sorry, but Burrow is far and away our best player and Rose wasn't even the 3rd best player on those teams (or maybe at 3, but definitely not 1 or 2).

It's disappointing to see Atanacio still not get his due from even Reds fans: that guy was the key cog for the BRM offenses and yet you rarely see him be mentioned.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 04:43 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Sorry, but Burrow is far and away our best player and Rose wasn't even the 3rd best player on those teams (or maybe at 3, but definitely not 1 or 2).

It's disappointing to see Atanasio still not get his due from even Reds fans: that guy was the key cog for the BRM offenses and yet you rarely see him be mentioned.

Who ?

But yes it's been so great seeing this team evolve into one of the best in the NFL. Especially after three decades of mostly ho hum.
Reply/Quote