Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Zac & Sheisty
(01-23-2023, 05:11 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Who ?

But yes it's been so great seeing this team evolve into one of the best in the NFL. Especially after three decades of mostly ho hum.

Tony Perez.

I've called him by his real name my whole life (or, at least, when I learned that his name was Atanacio, lol).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 04:53 AM)Science Friction Wrote: I'll tell you what.  These two guys are two of the most confident people I've ever seen at their craft. I mean, it's crazy. They both have a confidence that borders on arrogance. But when you can back up your confident, and maybe somewhat cocky, verbiage with results, then more power to them. I mean, these guys must have 12 inch Chad "Johnsons" that they swing around in their respective bedrooms. Both Zac and J.Sheisty have these innocent pretty boy faces but, my God, they will each step on your tiny tool and then force feed it to you . And then , for good measure, they'll have their way your old ladies just because they can. The duo of Zac and Sheisty are stone cold assassins!!  They do what they do with one big, giant chip on their shoulders and that carries over to every other player on this team.

Zac and Sheisty seem to feed off of each other's confidence. As a tandem, they have completely changed the mindset of this franchise from one that expected to find a way to lose a game to one that KNOWS they are going to win.  You could tell from the opening drive that this team KNEW they were gonna win this game and that the Bills were gonna be nothing more than their prison b****es. 

I hope the younger members of Bengals Board fully appreciate what they are being privileged to watch. Those who are 60 or over and have followed the Bengals since the early and mid 70's  like I have, know what I mean. We are getting to experience the Golden Age of Bengals' football. There will be down times again but probably not anytime soon with ZT and J. Sheisty in town.  In the past two seasons, we have had 5 postseason wins, equaling the total the franchise had in the previous 53 years in its history. We may win the SB this season; we may not.  Whether we do or not, the fact remains that each of us are alive at a time when Bengals football is at the best it has ever been. I hope we all remember that and appreciate it accordingly.

One day we will look back at these seasons in the sun, longingly,  and reminence with our kids and grandkids about the "Glory Days" of Bengals' football under Zac Taylor and Joe Sheisty.  We're lucky we get to experience this.

Comments???
IDK about that. Remember the knock on JB coming out of college was "small hands".. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 05:31 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Tony Perez.

I've called him by his real name my whole life (or, at least, when I learned that his name was Atanacio, lol).

Oh ok

I agree Perez doesn't really get the recognition he deserves.
Reply/Quote
New motto for the Bengals: Tough Titties said the Kitties..Get over it! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 04:43 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Sorry, but Burrow is far and away our best player and Rose wasn't even the 3rd best player on those teams (or maybe at 3, but definitely not 1 or 2).

It's disappointing to see Atanacio still not get his due from even Reds fans: that guy was the key cog for the BRM offenses and yet you rarely see him be mentioned.

Depends on how you define "best."  Pete was the heart and soul of the BRM.  Burrow is the heart and soul of the BBM (Big Bengal Machine).  That's the comparison.

I was ready to ding you for misspelling Tony's given name.  But you corrected it.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 12:52 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Depends on how you define "best."  Pete was the heart and soul of the BRM.  Burrow is the heart and soul of the BBM (Big Bengal Machine).  That's the comparison.

I was ready to ding you for misspelling Tony's given name.  But you corrected it.

It autocorrected: trust me, if I'm as correct as I think I am, I would never have misspelled someone's name Wink

As for the H&S, I agree with you on that, 100% ThumbsUp
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote