Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Should Have Taken A Page From McVey
So before the season when Zac was looking for his DC, I still think he should've went after an older successful experienced Defensive Coordinator. Lou is a new DC and unproven and in all honesty didn't have any stock in him before the season and he hasn't done anything to really change my mind.

I know and have said it's going to take time for Zac to shape this team into a successful team and have already written this season into a transitional year from day one, and am still ok with it.

But getting a successful DC to get this defense into shape would be working in tandem with Zac shaping the offense how he envisioned it. We'll see how it plays out...
Reply/Quote
I also said I'd have more faith in a proven DC turning the amazingly bad 2018 defense around, but asking a proven DC to follow a QB-coach-turned-HC to a team under Mike Brown is a tall order.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Only a page? He should of taken the whole damn book
Reply/Quote
Won't lie, I was pretty psyched when rumours of Jack del Rio were flying.

Hindsight is 20/20, but that probably would have been an infinitly better hire.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I also said I'd have more faith in a proven DC turning the amazingly bad 2018 defense around, but asking a proven DC to follow a QB-coach-turned-HC to a team under Mike Brown is a tall order.

Your right but i think if pursued we would've landed one. 

This is going to get me flamed on many levels, but I would've went after Rex Ryan and think we would've landed him. As a HC Im not a fan, but as a DC Im a huge fan. He's always built a top notch defense wherever he was at. He would've turned this defense around. There were others too... and in all honesty to have the argument who would've been a good fit or good is fruitless at this point. 

I think it should've been more thought/fleshed out when interviewing and planning the defensive side.
Reply/Quote
The defense played well enough to win today. If not for their takeaways we wouldn’t even have been in the game.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The defense played well enough to win today. If not for their takeaways we wouldn’t even have been in the game.

Well enough to let the Bills march down the field in the final drive and not being stopped at all?

Apparently not that well....
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:38 PM)GodFather Wrote: Your right but i think if pursued we would've landed one. 

This is going to get me flamed on many levels, but I would've went after Rex Ryan and think we would've landed him. As a HC Im not a fan, but as a DC Im a huge fan. He's always built a top notch defense wherever he was at. He would've turned this defense around. There were others too... and in all honesty to have the argument who would've been a good fit or good is fruitless at this point. 

I think it should've been more thought/fleshed out when interviewing and planning the defensive side.

Meh, I wager if we would have gone for Rex Ryan we'd just have to say that Lou was our 9th pick instead of our 8th.  
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:40 PM)GodFather Wrote: Well enough to let the Bills march down the field in the final drive and not being stopped at all?

Apparently not that well....

They kept us in the game. Were they great? No. But they’re not the biggest reason we lost.

Reply/Quote
If you think it's a Zach or Lou problem than Idk what to tell you. Thought they coached well enough to win 2 out of the 3 games. As for the real corrupt look at Duke and the Front office. To knot sign one meaningful free agent on defense is embarrassing.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They kept us in the game. Were they great? No. But they’re not the biggest reason we lost.

I hear ya, but we are heading down the road towards our 4th losing season in a row and we spend too much time saying things aren't the biggest reason we are losing. 
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya, but we are heading down the road towards our 4th losing season in a row and we spend too much time saying things aren't the biggest reason we are losing. 

The biggest reason we're losing never gets mentioned either... It's the scoreboard.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya, but we are heading down the road towards our 4th losing season in a row and we spend too much time saying things aren't the biggest reason we are losing. 

Well, you can’t fix everything at once. No matter how loud people scream about fixing the OL.

For me, I’m ready to see another QB. If the next guy does no better than maybe Taylor isn’t the guy.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:51 PM)jason Wrote: The biggest reason we're losing never gets mentioned either... It's the scoreboard.

But in all fairness, Bengal fans are conditioned to treat the scoreboard like the sun.... you're never supposed to look directly at it  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:54 PM)GodFather Wrote: But in all fairness, Bengal fans are conditioned to treat the scoreboard like the sun.... you're never supposed to look directly at it  Ninja

That's so true. There were times last week where I didn't know down and distance, or the score. I didn't know where to find the scoreboard in the stadium.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:46 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They kept us in the game. Were they great? No. But they’re not the biggest reason we lost.

I would disagree. They absolutely were one of the reasons why we lost. Not the only reason but most certainly one of the reasons.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:59 PM)GodFather Wrote: I would disagree. They absolutely were one of the reasons why we lost. Not the only reason but most certainly one of the reasons.

Was the offense or defense the bigger reason?

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 06:58 PM)jason Wrote: That's so true. There were times last week where I didn't know down and distance, or the score. I didn't know where to find the scoreboard in the stadium.

That could have only been a good thing.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 07:04 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That could have only been a good thing.

I just assumed it was 1st and 10 when the 49ers had the ball...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2019, 07:06 PM)jason Wrote: I just assumed it was 1st and 10 when the 49ers had the ball...

Yeah, or 2nd and 1 at worst.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote