Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Zac Taylor
I think we have a winner in this guy:  Let me list some qualities that I believe he has demonstrated this year.

[Image: wf1wbt1sbw29lya17fdd.jpg]

Knowing the type of coach you are
Good coaches recognise their strengths and weaknesses. For instance, a natural authoritarian might come over as aggressive and confrontational. If the coach recognises this fact, he or she can modify their behaviour depending on the individual they’re coaching. Similarly, a master tactician may recognise that they lack man-management skills – and take steps to address their own shortcomings.

Patience
The best coaches understand that a team requires many different skills and qualities. While some players will excel in technical areas, others will excel when it comes to commitment, fitness, strength and leadership.

Coaching a team means giving some individuals more time and guidance than others in certain areas of the game. This requires patience, and an understanding that players learn and develop at different paces.

Leadership
Some of the very best coaches in the history of the game will say that taking ultimate responsibility for the team’s performances is part and parcel of the job. Not only does a great coach lead by example, he or she takes responsibility when things don’t go as planned.

Good leadership is also about walking the fine line between discipline and support. Football coaches must ensure their instructions are taken seriously and acted upon – without causing bad feeling and an atmosphere of intimidation. In short, coaches need to lead dozens of different personalities into battle – and get the best out of each one.

Good communication skills
Whether a coach is giving a team talk, delivering constructive feedback or talking tactics, excellent communications skills are essential. The best coaches will adapt the way they communicate depending on the scenario – or the player they’re communicating with. The method of communication a coach employs should get the point across without having a negative impact on morale or motivation.

Positivity
There is always a positive to take from football – even in the face of defeat. The best coaches remain positive when dealing with adversity, and are always looking for opportunities rather than challenges.

Passion
No team in the history of football has ever won a major trophy on ability alone. Passion is a prerequisite to success – and players (particularly young ones) will often take their lead from their coaches in this regard. Passion doesn’t just come from the love or affection for a particular team; it can come from a desire to be the best or to work hard for teammates. Good coaches instil a sense of passion in every aspect of a footballer’s career.

Yeah the kid is doing alright! Tell me I am wrong if you don't agree look at all the skill set Zac Taylor has brought to the Bengals Organization.
Reply/Quote
You forgot the Rams and Goff are struggling without him Hobs!

J/K.

Who really knows what we have in him with how the FO approached his staffing (or lack of even calling people until he was officially hired) and first free agency/draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
You just wait until this thing turns around. (Positivity based on nothing is delusion.)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I think he is doing fine as a Head Coach. I do think though, that he needs to let an OC call the plays until he gets more experience.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 01:54 PM)Marlon23 Wrote:
I think we have a winner in this guy:  Let me list some qualities that I believe he has demonstrated this year.

Good coaches recognise their strengths and weaknesses. For instance, a natural authoritarian might come over as aggressive and confrontational. If the coach recognises this fact, he or she can modify their behaviour depending on the individual they’re coaching. Similarly, a master tactician may recognise that they lack man-management skills – and take steps to address their own shortcomings.

Patience
The best coaches understand that a team requires many different skills and qualities. While some players will excel in technical areas, others will excel when it comes to commitment, fitness, strength and leadership.

Coaching a team means giving some individuals more time and guidance than others in certain areas of the game. This requires patience, and an understanding that players learn and develop at different paces.

Leadership
Some of the very best coaches in the history of the game will say that taking ultimate responsibility for the team’s performances is part and parcel of the job. Not only does a great coach lead by example, he or she takes responsibility when things don’t go as planned.

Good leadership is also about walking the fine line between discipline and support. Football coaches must ensure their instructions are taken seriously and acted upon – without causing bad feeling and an atmosphere of intimidation. In short, coaches need to lead dozens of different personalities into battle – and get the best out of each one.

Whether a coach is giving a team talk, delivering constructive feedback or talking tactics, excellent communications skills are essential. The best coaches will adapt the way they communicate depending on the scenario – or the player they’re communicating with. The method of communication a coach employs should get the point across without having a negative impact on morale or motivation.

Positivity
There is always a positive to take from football – even in the face of defeat. The best coaches remain positive when dealing with adversity, and are always looking for opportunities rather than challenges.

Passion
No team in the history of football has ever won a major trophy on ability alone. Passion is a prerequisite to success – and players (particularly young ones) will often take their lead from their coaches in this regard. Passion doesn’t just come from the love or affection for a particular team; it can come from a desire to be the best or to work hard for teammates. Good coaches instil a sense of passion in every aspect of a footballer’s career.

Yeah the kid is doing alright! Tell me I am wrong if you don't agree look at all the skill set Zac Taylor has brought to the Bengals Organization.

Good communicators don't do a press conference after a game and say Finley will keep starting...then bench him the next day.

He's a terrible play-caller. He routinely calls 1-3 yard passes on 3rd and long. Just terrible. Predictable.

He has assembled the worst staff of the past decade in the NFL.

I could go on and on.

The main thing he does is stay positive while getting beat EVERY week...mainly due to his terrible coaching that has made the entire roster regress. He's the Bobby Hart of coaches!

He's failed as an OC at 3 stops now.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 02:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think he is doing fine as a Head Coach. I do think though, that he needs to let an OC call the plays until he gets more experience.

How can you be a fine Head Coach IF you are a terrible offensive coordinator and continue to call plays? That's a failure as a HC right there.

What aspects do you feel he's excelling at as a HC?
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 02:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How can you be a fine Head Coach IF you are a terrible offensive coordinator and continue to call plays? That's a failure as a HC right there.

This.

Zac is obviously in over his head. The organization would be smart to move on in January and let whoever takes over as HC (Bienemy Pray ) draft their own QB, assemble their own staff, etc....

Pipe dream, I know
Reply/Quote
Sounds good

However put me down as still in the skeptical camp. And I get a little more skeptical every week.
Reply/Quote

Patience

Leadership

Positivity

Passion

None of that matters if the results aren't there.
Reply/Quote
Lol...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 02:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think he is doing fine as a Head Coach.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 02:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How can you be a fine Head Coach IF you are a terrible offensive coordinator and continue to call plays? That's a failure as a HC right there.

Because, like a lot of people when looking at themselves, he may not see his play calling as a negative and realize he needs help. As for aspects he is excelling in, he has managed to keep the locker room together and keep players out there hustling instead of laying down and back biting each other, which is what usually happens to teams after starts like this. In spite of 0-11, his players are still putting out the effort.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 03:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Because, like a lot of people when looking at themselves, he may not see his play calling as a negative and realize he needs help. As for aspects he is excelling in, he has managed to keep the locker room together and keep players out there hustling instead of laying down and back biting each other, which is what usually happens to teams after starts like this. In spite of 0-11, his players are still putting out the effort.

This isn’t pee wee football. Effort is literally implied by the massive amounts of money these guys make.
Reply/Quote

Patience

Leadership

Positivity

Passion

He has yet to demonstrate any of these qualities except Positivity. LOL!!!!
Reply/Quote
What I noticed is that he has gained weight! He is probably stressing out more than he has any prior stop in his career and is now trying to get the team to rally around Dalton and hopefully pull off some season end magic to win a few games to state that they can ride that into next season.

I'm sorry but I don't hink ZT is the answer to the Bengals woes. I believe another HC will be in his shoes in less than 18 months.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 03:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Because, like a lot of people when looking at themselves, he may not see his play calling as a negative and realize he needs help. As for aspects he is excelling in, he has managed to keep the locker room together and keep players out there hustling instead of laying down and back biting each other, which is what usually happens to teams after starts like this. In spite of 0-11, his players are still putting out the effort.

LOL - So because he's oblivious to being a bad playcaller that's a strength?

Effort? Like I said...he's the Bobby Hart of coaches. Hart tries hard and is enthusiastic.

How do you know he hasn't lost the locker room? There was an issue with Glenn. Green hasn't returned and it was supposed to be an 8 week thing max.

The thing is...you don't know?

You know what the best way to not lose a locker room is? Don't be 0-11!
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 02:45 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: This.

Zac is obviously in over his head. The organization would be smart to move on in January and let whoever takes over as HC (Bienemy Pray ) draft their own QB, assemble their own staff, etc....

Pipe dream, I know

? Bienemy? Isn't he the KC OC that doesn't call the plays either? So how exactly is that an upgrade?

ZT's roster was depleted and he didn't know what he truly had until he got here and saw this mess that Marvin and Mikey had going on.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 05:34 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: ? Bienemy? Isn't he the KC OC that doesn't call the plays either? So how exactly is that an upgrade?

ZT's roster was depleted and he didn't know what he truly had until he got here and saw this mess that Marvin and Mikey had going on.

This isnt an 0-11 roster. The bad coaching made it that.

It took them 8 games to figure out how to run the ball.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 06:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This isnt an 0-11 roster. The bad coaching made it that.

It took them 8 games to figure out how to run the ball.

It isn't but there parts that are; which makes it worse.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 02:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Good communicators don't do a press conference after a game and say Finley will keep starting...then bench him the next day.

He's a terrible play-caller. He routinely calls 1-3 yard passes on 3rd and long. Just terrible. Predictable.

He has assembled the worst staff of the past decade in the NFL.

I could go on and on.

The main thing he does is stay positive while getting beat EVERY week...mainly due to his terrible coaching that has made the entire roster regress. He's the Bobby Hart of coaches!

He's failed as an OC at 3 stops now.

As far as his press conference goes he is not going to tell us before he tells his QB he is making a change. A good coach wouldn’t do that. As honest as we want them to be in a press conference there are just some things you don’t say.
I agree with you and others that say he should find a OC. He probably looks at the o-line like we do and figures he would succeed as OC with a better line. I am sure to some extent he would look better but it just feels like it is bigger than that. I would like to see him focus on being head coach and bring in an experienced OC.
Reply/Quote