Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Zac Taylor
(11-26-2019, 06:53 PM)hoosierbengal Wrote: As far as his press conference goes he is not going to tell us before he tells his QB he is making a change. A good coach wouldn’t do that. As honest as we want them to be in a press conference there are just some things you don’t say.
 I agree with you and others that say he should find a OC. He probably looks at the o-line like we do and figures he would succeed as OC with a better line. I am sure to some extent he would look better but it just feels like it is bigger than that. I would like to see him focus on being head coach and bring in an experienced OC.

It's more like he says what he thinks the Brown family wants him to say...then he meets with them and they are like go back to Dalton. He's a puppet.

He had the 123rd out of 128th ranked offense at UC in his 1 year as OC...then he was FIRED. Did UC say, hmmm lets make this guy HC? Nope.

And at Miami, Lazor gets fired and Taylor takes over and makes the offense WORSE.

He just doesn't have 'it' as a playcaller. Natural guys come in and know when to call what plays. That skill is beyond him.

I'm sick of seeing a 3 yard pass on 3rd and 10!

As far as the line, he apparently signed off on bringing Hart and Redmond back. Signing Miller. Hiring Turner. Not trading up to draft another Tackle.

He's definitely responsible for a lot of the line issues. I doubt Bengals Management was like...Hey lets hire Jim Turner.

Did you know that Turner got him the job at UC? Yep. He chose to hire friends instead of going for guys like Del Rio that would challenge him and be looked at as guys who could take over if he was fired. We have NO ONE on the staff that is an interim HC candidate. That says a lot.
Reply/Quote
My how things change. The offseason narrative was that a new coaching staff would come in and bring a modern system and make players who underperformed under the last staff start to play at higher levels.

That flopped miserably.

Now the narrative is that the roster has no talent and no one could win under Mike Brown...and that Taylor is a good HC.

Here's a hint: When basically every player on your roster regresses...it's not the players. It's the coaching.

Let's look at how the can run the ball the past 3 games. Did they make a bunch of roster changes? No. They realized they had a terrible scheme and it took them 8 games. Pollack was a much better coach.
Reply/Quote