Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor
Even though there were some play calls I did not agree with, I was always one who believes a HC, with a rebuild plan, needs to be given a minimum of 3 years to see positive progress, ESPECIALLY since injuries are happening at record pace these days, EVEN with all the rule changes trying to minimize injuries.

So far, it seems this may be the year that the progression may END UP positive and is also ZT's 3rd year.

Where are the ones demanding for his head on the platter, like John the Baptist?

Are you guys still holding to the philosophy that he had nothing to do with the talent here and an intelligent monkey could win WITH this talent, and still doesn't know his butt from third base about football?

Yes, I know that the John the Baptist and intelligent monkey comments was never actually made, but it was insinuated in some cases . .  you know who you are!!

BTW, yes I predicted 5-12, but have already said I'd bib up and sit down at the crow buffet, AND walk behind the parade with the broom and pan cleaning up the trash and manure, IF they WIN a playoff game!!
Reply/Quote
My only real issue has been his play calling. That seems to be coming around too.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
The 2nd and short/3rd and short play-calling needs improvement in a bad way. We get into 3rd and short situations way too often.

Also, while I am very happy that they finally capitalized on the middle of the field, I'd like to see that continue beyond just this game.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(Kind of looking for the ones who wanted him fired, and for some, EVEN after his FIRST year!)
Reply/Quote
I predicted 7-9 wins by the end of the season.
I had them predicted at 4 or 5 wins going into the Bye week and another 3-4 after.
I did not predict 5 already through 7 games.

I've been really hard on both Taylor and Anarumo as playcallers, but perhaps it really did need to take multiple years to get the right players in place to fit the scheme, plus the team has been very healthy overall.

I'm now convinced that the Bengals do have a shot to beat any team on their schedule.

It may take them one more draft to get a win in the playoffs, but I think they're close.

Get maybe 1-2 more OL (C and maybe RG) and perhaps a new outside CB, and this team could be a contender.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No bad play caller is dropping 40 on the Ravens even with an amazing squad. He has improved a lot since he first started.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 04:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I predicted 7-9 wins by the end of the season.
I had them predicted at 4 or 5 wins going into the Bye week and another 3-4 after.
I did not predict 5 already through 7 games.

I've been really hard on both Taylor and Anarumo as playcallers, but perhaps it really did need to take multiple years to get the right players in place to fit the scheme, plus the team has been very healthy overall.

I'm now convinced that the Bengals do have a shot to beat any team on their schedule.

It may take them one more draft to get a win in the playoffs, but I think they're close.

Get maybe 1-2 more OL (C and maybe RG) and perhaps a new outside CB, and this team could be a contender.

Agree with where they are and they could be shy of the playoffs, and I also think with injuries happening like they do, depth is the key to the SB as well, because keeping the starters healthy is not a given!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 04:18 PM)treee Wrote: No bad play caller is dropping 40 on the Ravens even with an amazing squad. He has improved a lot since he first started.

My cautious optimism lies in the fact that they have 15 players or IR.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 03:36 PM)Big Boss Wrote: The 2nd and short/3rd and short play-calling needs improvement in a bad way. We get into 3rd and short situations way too often.

Also, while I am very happy that they finally capitalized on the middle of the field, I'd like to see that continue beyond just this game.

While we did have a problem in short yardage situations he has done well in throwing the ball off play action in those spots.

Something else to consider. With Joe B coming off serious knee surgery and no preseason to speak off both QB and coach were feeling there way through first few games. As QB's confidence and health improved the play calling has been more aggressive. Coach was in a predicament of trying to win and protecting his QB at same time. I think he has done that very well.
Reply/Quote
3rd year is a fair evaluation of a coach and player and you cant just separate them out as one not that easy. I look for in a rebuild is your plan working and on both sides of the ball ZT plan is working as we sit 5-2. We finish with 9 wins or more great job.
Reply/Quote