Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor Blames Turnovers for loss
(09-20-2021, 10:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i think when the ZT era is over the only positive thing left will be Ryan Finleys Smile in that pittsburgh game...   

That, and being bad enough to land us Burrow. Quite a legacy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 10:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Higgins caught his ball, took a bunch of steps and coughed it up when he was hit.(Not bashing Higgins, it happens)  How is that on coaching? One Burrow's 1st int. the linebacker made a tremendous play. The other teams have playmakers too you know. Was Wilson's interception Nagy's fault?  You aren't going to win many NFL games when you have that many turnovers.

Coaching isn't completely responsible for the loss, you're right. Players had their blunders. My simple perspective is that Burrow & Higgins, along with some other players on the squad, have demonstrated they are NFL talents with a chance to be successful. Zac hasn't demonstrated that he's an NFL-worthy head coach (look at the overall record). So for this game, sure, maybe we can frame an argument that it wasn't Zac's fault but his overall body of work as a head coach allows us to understand why his game plan resulted in making it hard for the players to win against the Bears.
Reply/Quote
we had 5 turnovers imo zac going for it on 4th 2 bears 42 was the 5th
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 10:12 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Turnovers were the reason for the loss… Zac is correct.

Had the Bengals had an aggressive offensive game plan,they would have won this game,despite the turnovers.And yes,I’ll still give them the pick six,and the Bengals still would win.This offense is being held back.This offense is built to be aggressive and relentlessly attacking a defense.Not super conservative,and predictable.

With the Offensive game plan Zac implemented,this team never had a chance.Even Burrow himself,(in the postgame interview) said the defense were just sitting on their routes,because they knew what was coming,and were prepared to defend,and/or,intercept the ball.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 10:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ofc it’s hard to win when you turn the ball over 4x. It’s also hard to win when you go into the 4th quarter (before any of the INT’s) with 3 points on the board.

Yes, and I can't say I'm a fan of the way the offense is being called this year. But, face it Taylor can't win. If he has Burrow throwing downfield, he's taking too many chances with getting him killed and needs to run the ball.  If he runs the ball with Mixon, he needs to take more shots downfield or throw the intermediate routes. If he throws the intermediate routes, he should have gone downfield. He's always going to be wrong in the minds of some people here, no matter what he does. Yesterday, I think he was just trying to keep Burrow from getting reinjured. Seeing Burrow limping off the field last week scared him IMO. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 10:51 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That, and being bad enough to land us Burrow. Quite a legacy.

ZT's first year was a hoot.  We were sold the notion that we were in win-now mode and Marvin wasn't getting it done....we got ZT, he goes 0-11 and instantly sets records for losing for a franchise that does a lot of losing.  We get to draft Burrow...at this point ZT has done his job, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we gotta keep him rather that saying "We're taking the swaggeriest QB ever...who wants to coach here?"

Bah.  ZT....2-12 with Dalton as a starter, 0-2 against Dalton as a starter.  Lordy loo.

(09-20-2021, 10:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, and I can't say I'm a fan of the way the offense is being called this year. But, face it Taylor can't win. If he has Burrow throwing downfield, he's taking too many chances with getting him killed and needs to run the ball.  If he runs the ball with Mixon, he needs to take more shots downfield or throw the intermediate routes. If he throws the intermediate routes, he should have gone downfield. He's always going to be wrong in the minds of some people here, no matter what he does. Yesterday, I think he was just trying to keep Burrow from getting reinjured. Seeing Burrow limping off the field last week scared him IMO. 

ZT is one of the losingest HCs in the past 100 years, let's not act like we are bending over backwards to find fault in the guy.
Reply/Quote
Yeah nothing is ever Zac the great's fault.
Reply/Quote
Turnovers in the end did cost us the win with the gameplan we had and the way it worked out. The problem is the Bears looked straight up lost against the Rams on deep routes our offensive line trying to figure out who's supposed to block who kind of lost. The two shots we did take were a drop by Higgins ( not mad at him) and a TD to Chase. I think if we go into this game and try to exploit the weaknesses the Bears show we win and we're not in position to have some of those turnovers.

To blame it on turnovers isn't wrong but when the week before your coach goes for it on 4th and 1 at his own 30 and can't just say plain and simple that was a terrible mistake and I'll learn from it and move on then he has a problem accepting responsibility.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 10:54 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Coaching isn't completely responsible for the loss, you're right. Players had their blunders. My simple perspective is that Burrow & Higgins, along with some other players on the squad, have demonstrated they are NFL talents with a chance to be successful. Zac hasn't demonstrated that he's an NFL-worthy head coach (look at the overall record). So for this game, sure, maybe we can frame an argument that it wasn't Zac's fault but his overall body of work as a head coach allows us to understand why his game plan resulted in making it hard for the players to win against the Bears.
I always find myself wondering how this roster would do under a Belichick, Reid, McVay, J Gruden caliber of a coach....
Ive seen enough of ZT and his clown show. Funny thing is now Lou is looking solid now that he hs some better talent to work with...at least for now. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:00 AM)Nately120 Wrote: ZT's first year was a hoot.  We were sold the notion that we were in win-now mode and Marvin wasn't getting it done....we got ZT, he goes 0-11 and instantly sets records for losing for a franchise that does a lot of losing.  We get to draft Burrow...at this point ZT has done his job, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we gotta keep him rather that saying "We're taking the swaggeriest QB ever...who wants to coach here?"

Bah.  ZT....2-12 with Dalton as a starter, 0-2 against Dalton as a starter.  Lordy loo.

ZT is one of the losingest HCs in the past 100 years, let's not act like we are bending over backwards to find fault in the guy.

All I'm saying is people should stay consistent in arguments about what they want him to do. When he does something, like running the ball more, and it doesn't work, don't then change the narrative and say "well he should have taken more shots downfield"
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor's words don't mean shit. He's a joke and everyone knows it.
Reply/Quote
The sad reality of is, I sit here and I true honestly think of the lost decade and Dave Shula.

Think of the talent this organization gave Dave Shula to work with. Those rosters were some of the WORST rosters you'll ever see assembled by a NFL team.

Zac Taylor has a worse record than Dave Shula did at this point in their careers.

If you were to reverse the 2 coaches and put Shula in charge of the 2021 team and the talent it has an put Zac in charge of the 92-96 team and the lack of talent that team had who succeeds?

I truly think Shula might have a better record right now than Zac does with this current team.

Sorry after days like yesterday it makes you relive the past failures of this organization.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 10:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yes, and I can't say I'm a fan of the way the offense is being called this year. But, face it Taylor can't win. If he has Burrow throwing downfield, he's taking too many chances with getting him killed and needs to run the ball.  If he runs the ball with Mixon, he needs to take more shots downfield or throw the intermediate routes. If he throws the intermediate routes, he should have gone downfield. He's always going to be wrong in the minds of some people here, no matter what he does. Yesterday, I think he was just trying to keep Burrow from getting reinjured. Seeing Burrow limping off the field last week scared him IMO. 
I get what your saying and your not wrong but I think it's really just an inability to attack a teams shown weakness and also an inability to adjust for our own weaknesses ( thru 2 weeks so far ). Also I don't think we play to our own players strengths very well. If were struggling to run maybe get Mixon some targets instead of giving Uzomah plays in the flat give him deeper routes. I'm not suggesting Sample is the cure for our offense but the dude gets north and south quickly on short throws ( not targeted yet this season ). Don't ask Chase to block a safety on what could be an important 3rd and 1 ( bring in an extra tackle )

I know all this is easier with hindsight which is kind of your point. But the 1st 2 weeks of the season each game we 7 different players targeted in each game with the only difference being week 1 we targeted Thomas and week 2 it was Chris Evans instead. Thats just not creative enough.
Reply/Quote

Well, we’ve seen that. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, we’ve seen that. Tongue

Touche'
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:42 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: While Burrow and Chase blame not being aggressive with play calling for the loss.

I find that extremely funny and ironic. ZT may want to look at himself in the mirror.

I also find it funny that Joe has never once thrown ZT under the bus (even though he has every opportunity in the world to) and that's essentially what Zac did to him yesterday. This guy is a clown show.

joe burrow will be on IR A WEEK FROM TODAY.. HE WILL  get hurt AGAIN because of this horrible O-line. Number 73 and 67 are bad.The rbs are not good blockers and missed a lot of blocks.The reason they lost is the O-lines inability to keep the d off burrow.,nothing more than that.I hope ZT is gone at seasons end.He is a HORRIBLE play caller. I see maybe 5 wins,maybe,THE whole world knows the stoolers are going to man-handle the O-line.Burrow will probably be on IR after sunday.I still feel he was a bad pick.And his knee is still brothering him.Another long season of losing.
Reply/Quote