Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Zac Taylor Changed the Culture of Cincinnati Football
I’m not happy with Zach Taylor as HC. Knowing we were in a rebuild and looking to build around a young new talent at QB we should have had a veteran presence at HC. I’d have been happy with a veteran OC. Just as Mahomes has Andy Reid and Mac Jones has Belichek.

Having a franchise young QB that has to learn to develop and win at the NFL level while your HC is doing the same is not a recipe for success. Having a roster of talented players overshadowed by an inexperienced coaching staff is Mike Browns M.O.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 06:51 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: If only ...

[Image: 636324394124931191-Bill-Walsh2.jpg?width...&auto=webp]

Bill thought so highly of Sam, he took him to SF with him and had Sam coach some dude named Joe Montana....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 02:01 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Cincy is 3-1 in the division. 2 wins vs a lousy PIT team, one against the Ravens that really had me believing we arrived, and then a disgusting home loss (what, 41-16 or something?) to the Browns. A real fetal position affair. So, sticking with whole numbers, it’s reasonable to infer we’d be 9-4/8-5 today had we only played the AFC-N. CIN is 4-5 against everyone else, with 2 of those wins coming against the worst teams in the league (JAX, DET) and we LOST to 2 more horrible teams in CHI and NYJ. Best non AFC-N win is, what - Las Vegas? Week 1 vs MIN?

And the Bungles easily could have lost to the freaking Jags, if you want to play the “if we didn’t do this and this and this and this we beat SFO” nonsense. We DID THOSE THINGS. We did them because those are the things the Cincinnatuh (Grandfather always called Cincy “Cincinnatuh”) Bungles do.

If this team was in the AFC-W this year it’d have 3-4 wins. Tops.

There is talent on this team but Lac has provided ZERO added value. None. In fact, I’ll even say he’s provided negative value.

Be honest with yourselves and the rest of us when you answer this question.

If Lac was available tomorrow, do you think any other team in the league gives him so much as a second thought?

The WHOLE AFC is this way this year. That lousy Pitt team just beat Ten, Harbaugh made another stupid decision (actually 2) or the sucky Ravens take GB to overtime behind their backup QB.

I'm not saying that Zac should or shouldn't be retained, but the takes are myopic and often very lacking in objectivity regarding the Bengals' season. I mean....AZ lost to Detroit today. Detroit! By 18! Fire Kingsbury! LOL

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:45 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: The WHOLE AFC is this way this year. That lousy Pitt team just beat Ten, Harbaugh made another stupid decision (actually 2) or the sucky Ravens take GB to overtime.

I'm not saying that Zac should or shouldn't be retained, but the takes are myopic and often very lacking in objectivity regarding the Bengals' season. I mean....AZ lost to Detroit today. Detroit! By 18! Fire Kingsbury! LOL

Seriously this has been such a roller coaster team. Rams and Cardinals look dominant early. Rams fall of then next thing they are smacking the cardinals. Cardinals beating people with their backup QB and now lose to the Lions.

Honestly we are in a position to make the post season still which I believe most did not expect this year. I believe he’s already earned another year at this point. (To Mike brown anyways)
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:48 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Seriously this has been such a roller coaster team. Rams and Cardinals look dominant early. Rams fall of then next thing they are smacking the cardinals. Cardinals beating people with their backup QB and now lose to the Lions.

Honestly we are in a position to make the post season still which I believe most did not expect this year. I believe he’s already earned another year at this point. (To Mike brown anyways)

Yes, the whole league has been whacky, but the entire AFC has been absolutely insane all year. KC left Nashville at 3-4 a little over a month ago. They're the number one seed. The Pats let the Colts spank em when they had been looking invincible. It's like some folks aren't paying attention to how the entire league is going and that our young team should just go undefeated....lol. They point to a loss in CHI...that was on our young QB throwing 3 straight INTs and a young WR fumbling. No one else involved with the Bengals is at fault in that one. Young guys make young guy mistakes, is what it is. 

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:45 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: The WHOLE AFC is this way this year. That lousy Pitt team just beat Ten, Harbaugh made another stupid decision (actually 2) or the sucky Ravens take GB to overtime.

When you start the year 5-2

It’s nothing but a disappointment when you currently sit at 8-6

Do not care how wacky the league has been this year.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:54 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: When you start the year 5-2

NOTHING but a disappointment? We're in first ****ing place FFS! LOL

God, I bet some of y'all a real hoot at parties, lmao.

I predicted 7 wins max this year coming into the season, what'd you predict Frank, 12, 13 wins? 

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:54 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: When you start the year 5-2

Disappointing from that 5-2 start for sure. Could have been 7-0 ?. Could have been worse too though. Looking at it from the start of the season 8-6 is a major win. I expect 7-9 wins and we could exceed that.
Reply/Quote
I can say it’s Nice to feel disappointed that we could have been the first overall seed and having to settle for a first place division tie over just being out of it already.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 03:11 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Disappointing from that 5-2 start for sure. Could have been 7-0 ?. Could have been worse too though. Looking at it from the start of the season 8-6 is a major win. I expect 7-9 wins and we could exceed that.

The only thing that's been disappointing to me is the CHI, NYJ, and CLE games. We gift wrapped wins to Jets and Bears, and the only game we laid an egg was vs CLE. Otherwise, they've played pretty well, and been exciting. After the last five years in Cincinnati, I don't see how people are calling a season in which we're leading the division, in playoff contention, and control our destiny the week of Christmas a disappointment. Lmao.... unbelievable. 

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 03:13 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I can say it’s Nice to feel disappointed that we could have been the first overall seed and having to settle for a first place division tie over just being out of it already.

Right, cause I'm pretty sure 98% of this board figured we'd be out of contention by now, probably before Thanksgiving. Myself included.

Reply/Quote
We control our own destiny at week 15. Not bad for a team everyone thought would get 4 wins.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 03:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: Right, cause I'm pretty sure 98% of this board figured we'd be out of contention by now, probably before Thanksgiving. Myself included.

I am a 2% that predicted that we would be in contention.

I also predicted that we go 20 - 0.

17 wins Reg + 2 playoff wins + 1 SB win = 20.  Wink

Remember the name ...

[Image: 1z2pnb9.gif?width=450&height=278&crop=fill]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 07:17 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: I am a 2% that predicted that we would be in contention.

I also predicted that we go 20 - 0.

17 wins Reg + 2 playoff wins + 1 SB win = 20.  Wink

Remember the name ...

[Image: 1z2pnb9.gif?width=450&height=278&crop=fill]

Uh... okay Postradamas.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2021, 12:32 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I am amazed that’s even a debate.

Correct, the W/L it what matters for coaching.

Lewis was 27-21 after 3 years:

Year 1: 8-8
Year 2: 8-8
Year 3: 11-5

Taylor is currently 14-31-1 during his third season.

Year 1: 2-14
Year 2: 4-11-1
Year 3: 8-6

The best Zac can do is 17-31-1.

Now, if Zac somehow pulls a Super Bowl win off this year, he might go down in Bengals lore as an all-time great. I'd certainly pay him the proper fandom respect if he were to give us a championship.

Anyhow, I want this team to succeed and I want Zac to finish the year 11-6.  Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 02:54 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: When you start the year 5-2

Such a negative person, and such a need to spread your misery to everyone else.  Nothing but a disappointment? It's not a disappointment at all. The first part of the schedule was the easiest part of this 6th toughest schedule in the league. Before the season even started when the schedule came out pretty much everyone knew they would need to stockpile wins at the beginning because the schedule got progressively tougher as the season continued. I swear, if they won the Superbowl, you'd find a reason to complain about it.
Reply/Quote
Even in the two-win season I liked Zac. Last year, all the stuff he was doing finally worked in the Steeler's game. This year, the Bengals are learning to win even though some of the losses have been painful. The only true disaster was the Brown's game though. AFCN champ hosts a playoff game, and the Bengals seem in better shape than any of the other three teams and they are getting some attention for being an underdog (cat?).
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2021, 10:01 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Such a negative person, and such a need to spread your misery to everyone else.  Nothing but a disappointment? It's not a disappointment at all. The first part of the schedule was the easiest part of this 6th toughest schedule in the league. Before the season even started when the schedule came out pretty much everyone knew they would need to stockpile wins at the beginning because the schedule got progressively tougher as the season continued. I swear, if they won the Superbowl, you'd find a reason to complain about it.

It’s context, really. Starting the year 5-2 changes your expectations immensely.

Now if we started the year 3-4, I’d be ecstatic about 8-6
Reply/Quote
Say what you want about Zac (I still think he gets out-coached too often) but yesterday was a game the "old" Bengals would have found a way to lose.
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor has good football players on his team. That's really the difference.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote