Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor News Conference
(09-06-2019, 05:23 PM)NKURyan Wrote: ...and there's an entire thread where people point out why you're wrong on both counts, but you keep trotting them out anyways. Almost as if to antagonize.

The bottom line is coaches are accountable for player performance. You can't be known as a great offensive coordinator and have terrible ranked offenses. Not how it works.

Players can be part of the excuse, but coaches need to develop them and tweak the system to them. College football is the ultimate place for innovative schemes to rule. And he flopped.

And the whole, the HC wouldn't let them play a good QB in favor one a bad player argument...you have no clue if it was Tuberville or Taylor.

At some point, ZT is going to have to actually produce a good offense. As of now, he's all hype based on the Rams.

You guys can deflect and make excuses all day...but he has to actually produce.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 06:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: My cat isn't actually named after Marvin but one of my recurring gags is to pretend his tail is a microphone and say "What do you need to do to get back in this game?" And then I put the tail in his face and watch as he says nothing and stares at me blankly.

If your cat was named ZT, it would apparently purr out a charming answer.

*The answer may actually be the cat asking to be fed.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 06:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: If your cat was named ZT, it would apparently purr out a charming answer.

*The answer may actually be the cat asking to be fed.

Im going to replace Meow-vrin Lewis'  boring ass with a spunky kitten who won't psyche out John Ross!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 06:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You guys can deflect and make excuses all day...but he has to actually produce.

Says the guy who has condemned ZT as head coach despite not giving him a single chance to produce. 

I'm not going to let you shit all over another thread with your highjacking, but if anyone actually wants to read Pistons getting schooled time and time again by multiple posters on UC's offensive situation feel free to go to this thread. You have to go through a few pages before he really gets on to his whining about a UC program he clearly knows nothing about, but it's there if anyone wants to see someone twist themselves into all kind of knots to stick to a false narrative:
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-How-Much-Power-Does-ZT-Have

He doesn't understand the difference between "reasons" and "excuses", so at this point it's pretty much a lost cause.
Pistons: "Why didn't you make it to work yesterday?"
Some unlucky dude: "My kid died. It was horrible."
Pistons: "ENOUGH EXCUSES!"
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 06:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So you're cool with words, but when emoji's come into the picture...it bothers you? Noted.

Considering I flat out said it doesn't bother me in the post you quoted (I could care less what you think), no, but reading's tough and I know you're trying.

Now go ahead and play the victim card again.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 06:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: My cat isn't actually named after Marvin but one of my recurring gags is to pretend his tail is a microphone and say "What do you need to do to get back in this game?" And then I put the tail in his face and watch as he says nothing and stares at me blankly.

Interesting fact.

During Marvin's tenure the Bengal's winning percentage in games that they trailed was in the top half of the league.  So he must have known a good bit about how to come from behind to win.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 06:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Interesting fact.

During Marvin's tenure the Bengal's winning percentage in games that they trailed was in the top half of the league.  So he must have known a good bit about how to come from behind to win.
That's because the lack of adjustments psyched out the competition.  Duh.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 06:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And the whole, the HC wouldn't let them play a good QB in favor one a bad player argument...you have no clue if it was Tuberville or Taylor.

You're wrong AGAIN (big shock), because this was widely reported. Tommy benched Gunner. You are literally making up an argument despite all the evidence we have, because you have no idea what you're talking about.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After Kiel lit up ECU after finally getting a start: "Head coach Tommy Tuberville is even second guessing himself right now.  In his post-game press conference, Tubs said, “I know everybody’s going to say ‘I told you so.’ I’ll take that."

"Tubs said that it was offensive coordinator Zac Taylor, not himself, who made the decision to start Kiel against ECU"

"It shouldn’t take the offensive coordinator and the seniors to come to you to request a change at quarterback."

On the radio show, Tuberville said that offensive coordinator Zac (“Ol’ Rough And Ready”) Taylor “Walked in [to Tuberville’s office] and said “Coach, Gunner Kiel has won the position.'”  Tubs responded, “Let’s go.”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://cincyontheprowl.com/2016/10/24/cincinnati-football-kiel-shines-in-glimpse-of-what-couldve-been-a-championship-season/

https://cincyontheprowl.com/2016/10/21/3-losses-late-gunner-kiel-start-qb-cincinnati-football-vs-ecu/
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 06:45 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Says the guy who has condemned ZT as head coach despite not giving him a single chance to produce. 

I'm not going to let you shit all over another thread with your highjacking, but if anyone actually wants to read Pistons getting schooled time and time again by multiple posters on UC's offensive situation feel free to go to this thread. You have to go through a few pages before he really gets on to his whining about a UC program he clearly knows nothing about, but it's there if anyone wants to see someone twist themselves into all kind of knots to stick to a false narrative:
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-How-Much-Power-Does-ZT-Have

He doesn't understand the difference between "reasons" and "excuses", so at this point it's pretty much a lost cause.
Pistons: "Why didn't you make it to work yesterday?"
Some unlucky dude: "My kid died. It was horrible."
Pistons: "ENOUGH EXCUSES!"

How is posting his track record condemning him? I have not once said he will fail here as HC or predicted failure.

You dudes make up arguments in your mind that aren't mine and then argue with them.

You've even dreamed up some dialogue with me. Wonderful. I'm like your imaginary friend.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 08:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How is posting his track record condemning him? I have not once said he will fail here as HC or predicted failure.

You dudes make up arguments in your mind that aren't mine and then argue with them.

You've even dreamed up some dialogue with me. Wonderful. I'm like your imaginary friend.

Bull. Shit.

...and of course you use this deflection to skip over/hide from yet another post proving how wrong you are about everything UC related.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 04:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I see few who felt it was not time to move on from ML. The problem stems from those who wanted to move on from ML, but feel the need to continue the jabs at ML as they try and prop up the new guy. Or say another away, continue to nag about ML, the guy they said they wanted gone, got their wish, yet can't move on from yet for some odd reason.

ZT is not ML so why compare them. ZT will win the fans over or not. The ZT is better at handling a press conference than ML is one example of it more than likely will not win him one more game. It is great for PR, for winning not so much.

So, I have not seen one member say he was flawless. I have seem some like me defend the man who continues to get trashed (jabs) over and over and over again. 

I call it compassion, it was time to move on from ML, but why continue to attack him like he kicked your dog. We get it, he was severely flawed in any people's eyes.

Words ignored cannot hurt you. 

You've carried a torch for the cause admirably.  Put it down and move on.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 06:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Maybe you should install a clock in your yard so it can practice...

......you mean like our new coaching staff did?  

Bazinga!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 03:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: You do know ZT can be good for this club and it can be that moving on from Marvin was a needed thing without it automatically also meaning Marvin is trash?

Marvin was good for this club when he came on board and indeed for a number of years thereafter. However it was pretty clear that he had gotten to a place where for various reasons he was no longer effective in his role. It happens. He needed to go, and to be honest for all we know some other club could bring him in and he could be effective for them as sometimes it takes a change of scenery to set someone up to succeed.

So far from what we saw in actual player performance (albeit preseason) ZT has been good for the club especially the offense. But also the defense as that first outing vs KC with the blown assignments and blown coverages was met with corrective coaching and the following week it looked much better. Are there warts? Of course. But so far it does seem like Its approach is helping things.

Great post Joelist as usual.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 10:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: Bazinga!

You're doing it wrong.

Don't worry though, my wife does it all the time and i have to correct her too.  Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 07:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You're doing it wrong.

Don't worry though, my wife does it all the time and i have to correct her too.  Ninja

LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2019, 10:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: ......you mean like our new coaching staff did?  

Bazinga

That's EXACTLY what I meant.   ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 02:50 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I give him credit - his pressers are a complete 180 from Marvs. Speaks to people with respect, not condescending, informative, and actually seems eager/willing to work with the media.

Also - when asked about AJ and John Ross if they were going to play, there were no "we'll see"s

I never understood why Bengals fans were irritated with Lewis for giving the other teams as little information as possible...… of all the things he did that drove me crazy, that was the best thing he did.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 11:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I never understood why Bengals fans were irritated with Lewis for giving the other teams as little information as possible...… of all the things he did that drove me crazy, that was the best thing he did.

No matter how Marvin conducted his pressers there would be a certain crowd who would squeal about it.  It wasn't because of what he did in the presser it was because they hated him for not winning a playoff game.

Some of the most succesful coaches have been the biggest A-holes with the press (Popovich, Parcells, Belichick) but their fans don't cry about it because they are winning.  If Marvin had been winning in the postseason he could have pooped in his hand and thrown it at the press and fans would have loved it.
Reply/Quote
What nobody noticed was Zac is speaking in Japanese and it had to be dubbed over in English.. His lips never seem to match his words.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote