Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor News Conference
(09-04-2019, 05:38 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Oh you mean what you just tried to do? By posting incorrect quotes to make them what you wanted them to mean? 

Whoopsie Big Grin

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:34 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Ummm I post accurate information, not made up or twisted quotes. 

So far you have posted nothing but baseless accusations.

If it were me and I thought you were making something up the first thing I would do is quote exactly what you said that was not true and also post the correct version.

But that is just me.  I don't assume everyone will accept everything I say as being true just because I said it.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Just a reminder:

If you can't discuss a topic without making it personal or insulting another member, it's better to move along to another thread.

Thank you...  Rock On
Reply/Quote
I'm just here to find out what people thought of Marvin's press conferences. Good coverage, guys.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So far you have posted nothing but baseless accusations.

If it were me and I thought you were making something up the first thing I would do is quote exactly what you said that was not true and also post the correct version.

But that is just me.  I don't assume everyone will accept everything I say as being true just because I said it.

You posted that he said "Gio is a great guy," when he spent over a minute on him. I mentioned this earlier. That was one of many of the incorrect quotes you posted but you failed to even talk about that. 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:47 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: You posted that he said "Gio is a great guy," when he spent over a minute on him. I mentioned this earlier. That was one of many of the incorrect quotes you posted but you failed to even talk about that. 

So you are claiming Taylor did NOT say Gio was a great guy?

I will admit that the quotes I posted were not verbatim, but I did not change the meaning of any of them.  That is just a lie. 

What is going on in this thread?  Why is everyone attacking me?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you are claiming Taylor did NOT say Gio was a great guy?

I will admit that the quotes I posted were not verbatim, but I did not change the meaning of any of them.  That is just a lie. 

What is going on in this thread?  Why is everyone attacking me?

I said he is more engaging than Marvin was. Meaning he actually spends time giving meaningful conversation. There is a big difference between the 5 word quote and spending a minute talking about his qualities. See the difference between the two? If not, I'm done. 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No need for word play.  Everyone knows exactly what the phrase "any fool can...' means.  It means that something is so obvious that someone has to be dumber than a fool not to get it.

So you called me dumber than a fool just because I disagreed with you.

And I am the one trying to start fights? 

Funny how, of all the people on this board, not one single person other than you considered themself having been called a fool.  How can that be?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 07:20 PM)McC Wrote: Funny how, of all the people on this board, not one single person other than you considered themself having been called a fool.  How can that be?

It can be because Pistons and I were the only other ones involved in the conversation.  Why don't you ask his opinion?

Are you denying you said it or are you claiming you don't know the plain meaning of that simple phrase?

What exactly are you saying?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:57 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I said he is more engaging than Marvin was. Meaning he actually spends time giving meaningful conversation. There is a big difference between the 5 word quote and spending a minute talking about his qualities. See the difference between the two? If not, I'm done. 

So you were not talking about the meaning of the quotes?  Instead you were just talking about the number of words and depth of the comments?

Don't know how I could have gotten the idea you were accusing me of changing the actual meanings of the quotes.

(09-04-2019, 05:38 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Oh you mean what you just tried to do? By posting incorrect quotes to make them what you wanted them to mean? 

Rolleyes

BTW I can post dozens of longer, in depth answers given by Marvin at press conferences.  "Engaging" is a very vague term.  It usually means "charming" or something like that.  I didn't really find anything that charming about Zac.  But that is completely subjective so no point in really arguing about it.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No need for word play.  Everyone knows exactly what the phrase "any fool can...' means.  It means that something is so obvious that someone has to be dumber than a fool not to get it.

So you called me dumber than a fool just because I disagreed with you.

And I am the one trying to start fights? 

No it doesn't. "Any fool can see" is an idoim. It means that something is so simple, anyone can see/understand it. Exactly that and nothing more.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Well, if nothing else, at least we're getting some good music out of this. 

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not the one who brings him up.  You guys are more obsessed with him than me.

I’m not sure it’s fair to lump me in that group but I’m picking up what you’re laying down. I see you.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Exactly.  He never said the Bengals did not make halftime adjustments.  The point he was making, if you read the entire conversation, was that teams don't usually turn a game around by coming up with a new play on the sidelines.  It is usually more about cleaning up mistakes and improving execution.  You might disagree with that take, but Marvin never said the Bengals did not make halftime adjustments.

Yeah, I think I'd have to disagree with the notion that "cleaning up mistakes and improving execution" constitutes making halftime adjustments.  If that's what Marvin meant by it, it's no wonder we had the lack of success that we had in 3rd quarters of so many games.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It took 1 post to take a thread titled Zac Taylor New Conference to a ML press conference??

For those eager to move on to a new HC, why is ML in your head?

ML is gone, ML should be dead to all of us so to speak.   Wink

Now back on topic, he speaks well, kind of like a politically correct I will say whatever you want to hear politician. Let's hope in reality, he does more than speak well and wins games. If he doesn't, then the questions get  tougher quicker.

It's completely unrealistic to expect a successor not to be compared to his predecessor. It's even more unrealistic to expect others not to make that comparison because you said so.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Are you seriously saying that we can not discuss this unless I type an exact copy of the entire press conference?

Confused

You are incapable of listening to it for yourself? 

Years ago, I believe, the movie industry was barred from taking whatever snipets of a critic's review they wanted and putting it on marketing material as if THAT was the actual quote or intent of the sentence. It is super misleading.

And that's exactly what you're doing by taking whatever portion of the quote you wish and putting it out there as a complete piece if information. This "conversation" you're trying to have is based off of twisted bullshit because it's incomplete and misleading. You're cherry picking sentences to mislead.

Movie critic: "The director did a fantastic job on special effects. The actors were terrible, however."

Movie ad: "The director did a fantastic job on special effects".

^ By cherry picking and not including the entire thought or quote or at least providing context, you're purposefully deceiving. It's a form of lying and misleading. A con, if you will. That's why people think it's a DBag thing to do. Not calling you a DBag or personally attacking you, but it's a conversation that goes nowhere because the information is incomplete and misleading to sway opinion. That's why people get honked off. #Dbagthingtodo
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was looking for it...I found this picture (maybe from 2002?) which I think really shows what 16 years of Bengaldom can do to a man.

[Image: marvin-lewis.jpg]

I'll be intrigued to see how ZT handles things as time goes on.  With that being said, both Marvin and ZT crossed their arms and gave generic answers to the same ol' questions we've heard a zillion times.  I'll be interested to see how this place reacts if/when ZT ever follows a loss by saying that we did some good things.

Imagine how we look compared to 16 years ago as Bengals fans!

I think ZT showed some skill by avoiding the media traps of thinking too far into the future "how big of a moment is this for you?" "Will you be coaching until 68?" questions etc

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I love his poise, confidence, his directness. He's not smug and condescending like a lot of them are.

I liked the emphasis on mental toughness, powering through adversity. A very key element we've lacked in the past. How will all of this play out on the football field ? We'll soon see.
Reply/Quote