Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor News Conference
(09-06-2019, 02:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You are more than welcome to like ZT, I like the guy, I just think the reviews of this press conference are more about the hype for the new season/new HC/New Dey than what the guy actually said.  I'm with Fred on this one, I heard a pretty mundane and routine bit of press conference-ing and it was ok.

I suppose my mistake was reading what people said happened in the press conference before listening to it myself and that led me to assuming he was a lot less mundane that he ended up sounding IN MY OPINION.  But again, this is more about me being amused at the new energy and buzz around the guy.  We're already hearing some glowing praise....NATURAL LEADER.....ACCOUNTABILITY......FUN.....OPPOSITE OF STINKY MARVIN......I just can't help but notice that this guy is pretty much all the things we've been saying Marvin Lewis is NOT for the past 3 years or so.

Soak it in...the halcyon days of newness and unbridled optimism! 

re: Marvin - There's no way he would have turned the Bengals around from what they were in the 90's to atleast being respectable and making the playoffs 7 times if he were some terrible coach that lacked leadership. Also the team would have had to have accountability.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 02:49 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Mods,

Surely we are approaching another timeout for Fred?

Just because people disagree with others isn't grounds for a suspension.

Actually, some of the people that disagree call names, etc. That's more grounds for a suspension than having a differing opinion.
Reply/Quote
You do know ZT can be good for this club and it can be that moving on from Marvin was a needed thing without it automatically also meaning Marvin is trash?

Marvin was good for this club when he came on board and indeed for a number of years thereafter. However it was pretty clear that he had gotten to a place where for various reasons he was no longer effective in his role. It happens. He needed to go, and to be honest for all we know some other club could bring him in and he could be effective for them as sometimes it takes a change of scenery to set someone up to succeed.

So far from what we saw in actual player performance (albeit preseason) ZT has been good for the club especially the offense. But also the defense as that first outing vs KC with the blown assignments and blown coverages was met with corrective coaching and the following week it looked much better. Are there warts? Of course. But so far it does seem like Its approach is helping things.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 03:11 PM)THE PISTONS: Wrote: Actually, some of the people that disagree call names, etc. That's more grounds for a suspension than having a differing opinion.

You sound like those Pittsburgh Steelers fans who call into sports radio every time they come into town.

"Yeah I went out of my way to be as antagonistic and annoying as possible, but some Bengals fans were mean to me and now my feelings were hurt waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah."

"I don't know what that guy in orange punched me, all I did was throw my beer on him."

Poor babies. Someone fetch my violin.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 03:14 PM)Joelist Wrote: You do know ZT can be good for this club and it can be that moving on from Marvin was a needed thing without it automatically also meaning Marvin is trash?

No, they don't know that. 

I adored Marvin. I will root for Marvin to have success anywhere he goes. I friggin' named my dog after him. Yet if I ever so much as think of saying something innocuous like "You know, I don't think Marvin was very good at clock management" I must hate the guy and think he's garbage, and if you're the slightest bit happy that maybe after 16 years they're trying something new you must think he's complete trash.

I guess in there mind there cannot possibly be any inbetween. Marvin was either perfect, or you think he was garbage. I didn't realize we had Vince Lombardi on the sideline all these years, but luckily they were there to see the truth. The man was clearly flawless. It's one or the other and nothing else.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 04:00 PM)NKURyan Wrote: No, they don't know that. 

I adored Marvin. I will root for Marvin to have success anywhere he goes. I friggin' named my dog after him. Yet if I ever so much as think of saying something innocuous like "You know, I don't think Marvin was very good at clock management" I must hate the guy and think he's garbage, and if you're the slightest bit happy that maybe after 16 years they're trying something new you must think he's complete trash.

I guess in there mind there cannot possibly be any inbetween. Marvin was either perfect, or you think he was garbage. I didn't realize we had Vince Lombardi on the sideline all these years, but luckily they were there to see the truth. The man was clearly flawless. It's one or the other and nothing else.

You have a dog named after Marvin Lewis?  I actually named my cat Meow-vrin Lewis!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 03:56 PM)NKURyan Wrote: You sound like those Pittsburgh Steelers fans who call into sports radio every time they come into town.

"Yeah I went out of my way to be as antagonistic and annoying as possible, but some Bengals fans were mean to me and now my feelings were hurt waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah."

"I don't know what that guy in orange punched me, all I did was throw my beer on him."

Poor babies. Someone fetch my violin.

So not expressing an irrationally optimistic view is being antagonistic?

Please...people have different opinions on stuff.
Reply/Quote

I see few who felt it was not time to move on from ML. The problem stems from those who wanted to move on from ML, but feel the need to continue the jabs at ML as they try and prop up the new guy. Or say another away, continue to nag about ML, the guy they said they wanted gone, got their wish, yet can't move on from yet for some odd reason.

ZT is not ML so why compare them. ZT will win the fans over or not. The ZT is better at handling a press conference than ML is one example of it more than likely will not win him one more game. It is great for PR, for winning not so much.

So, I have not seen one member say he was flawless. I have seem some like me defend the man who continues to get trashed (jabs) over and over and over again. 

I call it compassion, it was time to move on from ML, but why continue to attack him like he kicked your dog. We get it, he was severely flawed in many people's eyes.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

What kind of dog is it?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 04:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So not expressing an irrationally optimistic view is being antagonistic?

What makes what anyone here says irrationally optimistic? Please point me to anyone claiming we are winning the superbowl and going to be an elite team? All I have seen is people excited about it being different and fresh and optimistic that he can improve the team. None of that is irrational. Your hate is irrational. The season hasn't even begun for us and your claiming doom and gloom. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 04:11 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I see few who felt it was not time to move on from ML. The problem stems from those who wanted to move on from ML, but feel the need to continue the jabs at ML as they try and prop up the new guy. Or say another away, continue to nag about ML, the guy they said they wanted gone, got their wish, yet can't move on from yet for some odd reason.

ZT is not ML so why compare them.
ZT will win the fans over or not. The ZT is better at handling a press conference than ML is one example of it more than likely will not win him one more game. It is great for PR, for winning not so much.

So, I have not seen one member say he was flawless. I have seem some like me defend the man who continues to get trashed (jabs) over and over and over again. 

I call it compassion, it was time to move on from ML, but why continue to attack him like he kicked your dog. We get it, he was severely flawed in any people's eyes.

Two answers:
1.The purpose of comparison to to see the similarities and differences between individuals who are not the same.

2. To quote you from a previous thread- "because it's a message board and we can have opinions?"
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 04:12 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: What makes what anyone here says irrationally optimistic? Please point me to anyone claiming we are winning the superbowl and going to be an elite team? All I have seen is people excited about it being different and fresh and optimistic that he can improve the team. None of that is irrational. Your hate is irrational. The season hasn't even begun for us and your claiming doom and gloom. 

I haven't claimed doom and gloom. I mostly post about ZT's past jobs.

As if I'm making up he had the 123rd ranked offense at UC, or that after he took over Lazor's offense in Miami, it actually got worse statistically.

I HOPE he has learned from those mistakes. But, it's far from a given that our offense is going to get better.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 04:18 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Two answers:
1.The purpose of comparison to to see the similarities and differences between individuals who are not the same.

2. To quote you from a previous thread- "because it's a message board and we can have opinions?"

I never said for anyone to not state their opinion. My analysis was my opinion of why people are judged ML lover by those who trash ML because they feel the need to defend him.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:40 PM)McC Wrote: And this is such a source of irritation to you, why? 

I have seen you yourself say Marvin was finished here and needed to go.  If this is how you feel, why do your panties wad so when others say some variation of the same thing?  Makes no sense other than just wanting to pick a fight.

Never underestimate the power of the Mediocre Merv Militia...... Ninja 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 04:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So not expressing an irrationally optimistic view is being antagonistic?

I think stuff when you follow most of your posts with  Hilarious as much as you do then yeah, you're looking to antagonize.

"Some Bengals fans think Tyler Eifert will make a difference?"   Hilarious
"Some Bengals fans believe in a team that hasn't one a playoff game in 28 years?"   Hilarious

"You think the Bengals will win in Seattle?"  Hilarious

Yeah, that's antagonistic. Which is fine, I don't care, but own up to it and don't cry and whine when people get antagonistic right back at you.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 04:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What kind of dog is it?

A puggle. It's not very good at clock management either.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 04:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I haven't claimed doom and gloom. I mostly post about ZT's past jobs.

As if I'm making up he had the 123rd ranked offense at UC, or that after he took over Lazor's offense in Miami, it actually got worse statistically.

I HOPE he has learned from those mistakes. But, it's far from a given that our offense is going to get better.

...and there's an entire thread where people point out why you're wrong on both counts, but you keep trotting them out anyways. Almost as if to antagonize.
Reply/Quote
My cat isn't actually named after Marvin but one of my recurring gags is to pretend his tail is a microphone and say "What do you need to do to get back in this game?" And then I put the tail in his face and watch as he says nothing and stares at me blankly.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 05:21 PM)NKURyan Wrote: I think stuff when you follow most of your posts with  Hilarious as much as you do then yeah, you're looking to antagonize.

"Some Bengals fans think Tyler Eifert will make a difference?"   Hilarious
"Some Bengals fans believe in a team that hasn't one a playoff game in 28 years?"   Hilarious

"You think the Bengals will win in Seattle?"  Hilarious

Yeah, that's antagonistic. Which is fine, I don't care, but own up to it and don't cry and whine when people get antagonistic right back at you.

So you're cool with words, but when emoji's come into the picture...it bothers you? Noted.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 05:22 PM)NKURyan Wrote: A puggle. It's not very good at clock management either.

Maybe you should install a clock in your yard so it can practice...
Reply/Quote