Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor News Conference
Reply/Quote
I give him credit - his pressers are a complete 180 from Marvs. Speaks to people with respect, not condescending, informative, and actually seems eager/willing to work with the media.

Also - when asked about AJ and John Ross if they were going to play, there were no "we'll see"s
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 02:50 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I give him credit - his pressers are a complete 180 from Marvs. Speaks to people with respect, not condescending, informative, and actually seems eager/willing to work with the media.

Also - when asked about AJ and John Ross if they were going to play, there were no "we'll see"s

Marv never gave a, "we'll see."

He always gave a, "partly cloudy."

:giggle:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
ML was "They will be ready when they are ready"
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
"We did some good things and that's a good thing. So that's good."
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 02:50 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I give him credit - his pressers are a complete 180 from Marvs. Speaks to people with respect, not condescending, informative, and actually seems eager/willing to work with the media.

I am in no way praising Marvin's pressers, but Zac spews the exact same coach speak as Marvin and every other coach.

I mean is there really an amazing difference between "no update" and "we'll see"?  Seems like you are just seeing what you want to see.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 04:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am in no way praising Marvin's pressers, but Zac spews the exact same coach speak as Marvin and every other coach.

I mean is there really an amazing difference between "no update" and "we'll see"?  Seems like you are just seeing what you want to see.

LOL. Fred if someone said the sky was blue, you'd say it was black. If they said it was black, you'd say it was red. 

Zac is 100% more engaging with the media than Marvin ever was, and it's not even close.
Reply/Quote
"both teams will have to be ready to make adjustments"

[Image: 5069084a-d677-4c01-965f-2d491f2645a6-lar...3813657438]
"Adjustments? We talking about adjustments?"
[Image: 9908cb640cf00bd6689bd2aee22f0a9d.768x506x1.jpg]
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:13 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: LOL. Fred if someone said the sky was blue, you'd say it was black. It they said it was black, you'd say it was red. 

Okay then, what was the most profound comment Taylor made.

"The team will be prepared."

"Great to have Andy Dalton's level head to keep the team cool under adversity."

"Pete Carroll teams concentrate on turnovers."

"Seattle is loud but so are other places.  We "have answers" for their crowd noise"

"Gio is a great guy."

"Andre Smith will be fine at LT."

He expects Ross to play, "No update" on Green and Glen.

It is all the exact same stuff Marvin would say.
Reply/Quote

It took 1 post to take a thread titled Zac Taylor New Conference to a ML press conference??

For those eager to move on to a new HC, why is ML in your head?

ML is gone, ML should be dead to all of us so to speak.   Wink

Now back on topic, he speaks well, kind of like a politically correct I will say whatever you want to hear politician. Let's hope in reality, he does more than speak well and wins games. If he doesn't, then the questions get  tougher quicker.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay then, what was the most profound comment Taylor made.

"The team will be prepared."

"Great to have Andy Dalton's level head to keep the team cool under adversity."

"Pete Carroll teams concentrate on turnovers."

"Seattle is loud but so are other places.  We "have answers" for their crowd noise"

"Gio is a great guy."

"Andre Smith will be fine at LT."

He expects Ross to play, "No update" on Green and Glen.

It is all the exact same stuff Marvin would say.

He expanded on most if not all of those quotes you put in. So you should probably put the whole quotes. Then we can discuss the differences. 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It took 1 post to take a thread titled Zac Taylor New Conference to a ML press conference??

For those eager to move on to a new HC, why is ML in your head?

ML is gone, ML should be dead to all of us so to speak.   Wink

Now back on topic, he speaks well, kind of like a politically correct I will say whatever you want to hear politician. Let's hope in reality, he does more than speak well and wins games. If he doesn't, then the questions get  tougher quicker.

Maybe because  year ago, Marvin was the HC.  Is this really that hard to understand?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:27 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: He expanded on most if not all of those quotes you put in. So you should probably put the whole quotes. Then we can discuss the differences. 

Are you seriously saying that we can not discuss this unless I type an exact copy of the entire press conference?

Confused

You are incapable of listening to it for yourself? 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:29 PM)McC Wrote: Maybe because  year ago, Marvin was the HC.  Is this really that hard to understand?

Just because I understand stupidity does not mean I should agree with it. 

Do you understand? 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Are you seriously saying that we can not discuss this unless I type an exact copy of the entire press conference?

Confused

You are incapable of listening to it for yourself? 
Seriously? You post incorrect quotes and then expect me to utilize your quotes as a basis for conversation? How else would I know they are incorrect if I did not listen to it. But I'm not going to discuss it with you if you're just going to post false information to fit your need to be "right." Again, sky blue, you say black. 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Now back on topic, he speaks well, kind of like a politically correct I will say whatever you want to hear politician.

Just like every other coach in the league.

No real details.  Nothing controversial.

I almost never listen to press conferences from coaches or players.  They are mostly a waste of time.

Then fans take generic quotes and twist them around in their heads to mean whatever they want them to mean.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Just because I understand stupidity does not mean I should agree with it. 

Do you understand? 

You asked, and not for the first time, why is ML in people's heads.  If you want the answer to a different question, ask a different question.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just like every other coach in the league.

I almost never listen to press conferences from coaches or players.  They are mostly a waste of time.

Then fans take generic quotes and twist them around in their heads to mean whatever they want them to mean.

Oh you mean what you just tried to do? By posting incorrect quotes to make them what you wanted them to mean? 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just like every other coach in the league.

And this is such a source of irritation to you, why? 

I have seen you yourself say Marvin was finished here and needed to go.  If this is how you feel, why do your panties wad so when others say some variation of the same thing?  Makes no sense other than just wanting to pick a fight.

Reply/Quote
ZT had an alright conference there. He gave specifics where he knew specifics - what more should he do?

His conferences after each preseason game were refreshing. He got specific about what went right and wrong and even showed emotions (such as when he was unhappy with the first team defense at KC blowing plays by being in the wrong spots - which was cleaned up by the next outing).
Reply/Quote