Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor News Conference
(09-04-2019, 04:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am in no way praising Marvin's pressers, but Zac spews the exact same coach speak as Marvin and every other coach.

I mean is there really an amazing difference between "no update" and "we'll see"?  Seems like you are just seeing what you want to see.

They are different in a press conference. Taylor tries to explain, Marvin cut off reporters.

Does press conferences matter in how effective a head coach will be? Nope.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:38 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Oh you mean what you just tried to do? By posting incorrect quotes to make them what you wanted them to mean? 

No.  I was just trying to start a conversation.

Here is how it usually works.  Instead of just making vague allegations you need to point out exactly how I twisted actual quotes to make them mean something different.

Guess you were not around for the whole "Marvin says he does not make half time adjustments" craze.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:40 PM)McC Wrote: And this is such a source of irritation to you, why? 

I have seen you yourself say Marvin was finished here and needed to go.  If this is how you feel, why do your panties wad so when others say some variation of the same thing?  Makes no sense other than just wanting to pick a fight.

It is like people aren't allowed to he excited about a new coach. Will it produce different results, who the heck knows, but why squash it now? 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  I was just trying to start a conversation.

Here is how it usually works.  Instead of just making vague allegations you need to point out exactly how I twisted actual quotes to make them mean something different.

Guess you were not around for the whole "Marvin says he does not make half time adjustments" craze.

Or I can just not engage with someone who likes to twist words or falsify quotes to meet his need. But to enlighten you you said "Gio is a great guy" when he literally spent a minute or more talking about Gio's qualities. I'm not doing anymore for you because it's your lies, not mine. 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  I was just trying to start a conversation.

You mean where he said, "The adjustment, that's more journalism jargon than truth."?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:40 PM)McC Wrote: And this is such a source of irritation to you, why? 

I have seen you yourself say Marvin was finished here and needed to go.  If this is how you feel, why do your panties wad so when others say some variation of the same thing?  Makes no sense other than just wanting to pick a fight.

C'mon man, are you really starting this again.  Anyone who disagrees with you is just trying to start a fight?  Really?

I never bring Marvin up anymore.  But when someone else brings him up and says something about him that is not true I will respond.  Just because I agree it was time for him to go, that does not mean everything he ever did was wrong.

And if you think that disagreeing with people on a message board is "trying to start a fight" maybe you need to take a little break.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:47 PM)McC Wrote: You mean where he said, "The adjustment, that's more journalism jargon than truth."?

Yes.  I don't remember the exact quote but that sounds right.

When people tried to claim that meant Marvin never made halftime adjustments is was pretty easy for me to find multiple examples of Bengal players and assistant coaches talking about making adjustments at halftime.  I posted them, but for some reason some people still refused to accept the truth.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon man, are you really starting this again.  Anyone who disagrees with you is just trying to start a fight?  Really?

I never bring Marvin up anymore.  But when someone else brings him up and says something about him that is not true I will respond.  Just because I agree it was time for him to go, that does not mean everything he ever did was wrong.

And if you think that disagreeing with people on a message board is "trying to start a fight" maybe you need to take a little break.

When you are one of the only people that does not think its true, then it is probably true. Just an FYI 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon man, are you really starting this again.  Anyone who disagrees with you is just trying to start a fight?  Really?

Who said something about him that wasn't true?  And why are you Marv's self appointed champion?  And I don't remember anybody saying everything he ever did was wrong.  Perfect example of what I'm talking about.  The Great Exaggerator on Marv's white horse, defending Marv's honor now and forever.

And you don't just disagree with someone.  No one would really have a problem with that.  It's the way you come in claws out and on the attack.  And it's not like I'm the only one saying this.  Look around.  This ain't a courtroom and it is not your job to  impeach witnesses.  It's just a bunch of people trying to talk about shit.  It's not a battle royale.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes.  I don't remember the exact quote but that sounds right.

When people tried to claim that meant Marvin never made halftime adjustments is was pretty easy for me to find multiple examples of Bengal players and assistant coaches talking about making adjustments at halftime.  I posted them, but for some reason some people still refused to accept the truth.

That is the exact quote.   Those are the words that came out of HIS mouth. 

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 02:50 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I give him credit - his pressers are a complete 180 from Marvs. Speaks to people with respect, not condescending, informative, and actually seems eager/willing to work with the media.

Also - when asked about AJ and John Ross if they were going to play, there were no "we'll see"s

can we get marvs first press conference up here?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: can we get marvs first press conference up here?

I was looking for it...I found this picture (maybe from 2002?) which I think really shows what 16 years of Bengaldom can do to a man.

[Image: marvin-lewis.jpg]

I'll be intrigued to see how ZT handles things as time goes on.  With that being said, both Marvin and ZT crossed their arms and gave generic answers to the same ol' questions we've heard a zillion times.  I'll be interested to see how this place reacts if/when ZT ever follows a loss by saying that we did some good things.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was looking for it...I found this picture (maybe from 2002?) which I think really shows what 16 years of Bengaldom can do to a man.

[Image: marvin-lewis.jpg]

I'll be intrigued to see how ZT handles things as time goes on.  With that being said, both Marvin and ZT crossed their arms and gave generic answers to the same ol' questions we've heard a zillion times.  I'll be interested to see how this place reacts if/when ZT ever follows a loss by saying that we did some good things.

It will be a collective facepalm 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:59 PM)McC Wrote: That is the exact quote.   Those are the words that came out of HIS mouth. 

Exactly.  He never said the Bengals did not make halftime adjustments.  The point he was making, if you read the entire conversation, was that teams don't usually turn a game around by coming up with a new play on the sidelines.  It is usually more about cleaning up mistakes and improving execution.  You might disagree with that take, but Marvin never said the Bengals did not make halftime adjustments.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:56 PM)McC Wrote: Who said something about him that wasn't true?  

That Zacs presser was 180 degrees different from Marvins.  The fact is they both made the same coach speak type comments.

(09-04-2019, 05:56 PM)McC Wrote: And you don't just disagree with someone.  No one would really have a problem with that.  It's the way you come in claws out and on the attack.  And it's not like I'm the only one saying this.  Look around.  This ain't a courtroom and it is not your job to  impeach witnesses.  It's just a bunch of people trying to talk about shit.  It's not a battle royale.

I am not the one who calls anyone who disagrees with him a fool.

I came into this thread and made an observation.  I did not insult anyone or use any inflamitory language.  Then you accuse me of wanting to start a fight.

[Image: C7cooJbU4AA2jYj.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That Zacs presser was 180 degrees different from Marvins.  The fact is they both made the same coach speak type comments.

I am not the one who calls anyone who disagrees with him a fool.

I came into this thread and made an observation.  I did not insult anyone or use any inflamitory language.  Then you accuse me of wanting to start a fight.

[Image: C7cooJbU4AA2jYj.jpg]

There you go again.  I never called anyone a fool.  If anything, I was calling anyone who saw what I saw a fool.  Word play that.

You have a serious self awareness issue.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:36 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Seriously? You post incorrect quotes and then expect me to utilize your quotes as a basis for conversation? How else would I know they are incorrect if I did not listen to it. But I'm not going to discuss it with you if you're just going to post false information to fit your need to be "right." Again, sky blue, you say black. 

So you never have to post anything to support any crazy shit you say?  It is just true because you said it?

You are going to fit in well with some people here.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:22 PM)McC Wrote:   If anything, I was calling anyone who saw what I saw a fool.  Word play that.

No need for word play.  Everyone knows exactly what the phrase "any fool can...' means.  It means that something is so obvious that someone has to be dumber than a fool not to get it.

So you called me dumber than a fool just because I disagreed with you.

And I am the one trying to start fights? 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 06:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you never have to post anything to support any crazy shit you say?  It is just true because you said it?

You are going to fit in well with some people here.

Ummm I post accurate information, not made up or twisted quotes. 
Reply/Quote
Just a reminder:

If you can't discuss a topic without making it personal or insulting another member, it's better to move along to another thread.
Reply/Quote