Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor News Conference
Refreshing to say the least. This is the type of HC I would love to play for. Mental toughness, discipline, execution,
fundamentals is what he preaches and yet he makes it fun. I think this rubs off on the players and they are going
to have a lot of fun playing football this season under Zac. Dude is straight to the point, love this.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 01:07 AM)PDub80 Wrote: ^ By cherry picking and not including the entire thought or quote or at least providing context, you're purposefully deceiving.

I never did anything like that.

Rube used a vague term i.e., "engaging" which means "charming".  So I posted quotes to see which of them were more charming than things Marvin would say.  Rube then accused me of changing the "meaning" of the quotes when he really just meant the number of words used.

I did nothing to deceive.  Rube was just not clear about what he was trying to say.

Once I realized he was just making a subjective observation I dropped it.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 01:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Refreshing to say the least. This is the type of HC I would love to play for. Mental toughness, discipline, execution,
fundamentals is what he preaches and yet he makes it fun. I think this rubs off on the players and they are going
to have a lot of fun playing football this season under Zac. Dude is straight to the point, love this.

A good boss, manager, HC can chew your ass hard for 5 minutes then send you outta the room with a smile on your face feeling good about yourself.

ZT seems like one of those guys, natural leader. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's only one press conference, but so far ZT's charm seems more akin to a guy trying to sell me a time-share than a natural born leader I'd follow head-first into the danger zone. With that being said, I can see why we are over the moon with everything this guy says and does after years of "beaten into submission" Marvin. We aren't likely to go 16-0 so I'll be interested to see how he handles things when things aren't going great.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 01:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Mental toughness, discipline, execution, fundamentals is what he preaches and yet he makes it fun.

Those are the exact same things every coach preaches, but I guess Zac is the only one who does it with cartoons and whoopie cushions.

Missed assignments are punished with a pie in the face or intense tickling.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:16 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: A good boss, manager, HC can chew your ass hard for 5 minutes then send you outta the room with a smile on your face feeling good about yourself.

It also seems like he loves animals and is an unselfish lover.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 10:16 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: A good boss, manager, HC can chew your ass hard for 5 minutes then send you outta the room with a smile on your face feeling good about yourself.

I heard "great communicator" numerous times from the McVay and the Rams.

No doubt about it that Zac is this.

(09-06-2019, 12:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Those are the exact same things every coach preaches, but I guess Zac is the only one who does it with cartoons and whoopie cushions.

(09-06-2019, 12:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It also seems like he loves animals and is an unselfish lover.

Whats your problem? Oh yeah, your Fred. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 12:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Those are the exact same things every coach preaches, but I guess Zac is the only one who does it with cartoons and whoopie cushions.

Presumably, players who enjoy intense tickling or aren't ticklish are hit in the face with the pie and vice versa. That's the 'genius' of that plan. It's also the part that Dick Lebeau and Bruce Coslett failed to grasp.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 12:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's only one press conference, but so far ZT's charm seems more akin to a guy trying to sell me a time-share than a natural born leader I'd follow head-first into the danger zone.  With that being said, I can see why we are over the moon with everything this guy says and does after years of "beaten into submission" Marvin.  We aren't likely to go 16-0 so I'll be interested to see how he handles things when things aren't going great.

No one has been "over the moon". All we did is say that we were pleased that he actually goes some into details and specifics. 
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 01:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Whats your problem? Oh yeah, your Fred. Mellow

I don't have a problem.

I am not the one suffering from priapism over a few minutes of generic coachspeak.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 01:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't have a problem.

I am not the one suffering from priapism over a few minutes of generic coachspeak.

All i said was it was a refreshing Press Conference, WTF?

Why can't i like my new HC?
Reply/Quote
He does seem to be concerned with integrity which is good. Nice he doesn't want to put Jim Turner or any of the other coaches in precarious positions. This also explains the Gio extension. Fair dealings for all!

'I shall pursue a straight forward course deviating neither to the right or left so that comes what may I hope my real friends will never have to blush for me, so far as truth, honesty & fair dealings are concerned.'

-Zachary Taylor
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 02:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Why can't i like my new HC?

I like our new coach.  I am concerned more about the rest of his staff and our roster than Zac.

I just think there is way too much praise for Zac doing absolutely nothing just because he is not Marvin.  So many people gushing over a very generic press conference where he said the same thing as every other coach without any special style.

There were plenty of times when Marvin said we have to be prepared and we have to be mentally tough.  Funny how no one seems to remember that.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 02:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All i said was it was a refreshing Press Conference, WTF?

Why can't i like my new HC?

You are more than welcome to like ZT, I like the guy, I just think the reviews of this press conference are more about the hype for the new season/new HC/New Dey than what the guy actually said.  I'm with Fred on this one, I heard a pretty mundane and routine bit of press conference-ing and it was ok.

I suppose my mistake was reading what people said happened in the press conference before listening to it myself and that led me to assuming he was a lot less mundane that he ended up sounding IN MY OPINION.  But again, this is more about me being amused at the new energy and buzz around the guy.  We're already hearing some glowing praise....NATURAL LEADER.....ACCOUNTABILITY......FUN.....OPPOSITE OF STINKY MARVIN......I just can't help but notice that this guy is pretty much all the things we've been saying Marvin Lewis is NOT for the past 3 years or so.

Soak it in...the halcyon days of newness and unbridled optimism! 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 05:36 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Seriously? You post incorrect quotes and then expect me to utilize your quotes as a basis for conversation? How else would I know they are incorrect if I did not listen to it. But I'm not going to discuss it with you if you're just going to post false information to fit your need to be "right." Again, sky blue, you say black. 

Marvin, giggles Lewis was a flatout turd to the media and the fans.His players were tired of his antics and so was I,I am glad he is gone gone gone.ZT is night and day better than former HC. Our players really like ZT and say so to everyone and I believe we will see a much improved team.I am not feeling a win at the hawks,but believe me this team is going to get it done this season and I firmly believe they are on their way to big things and for one I am feeling so much better about football again. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2019, 09:29 AM)jj22 Wrote: Imagine how we look compared to 16 years ago as Bengals fans!

I think ZT showed some skill by avoiding the media traps of thinking too far into the future "how big of a moment is this for you?" "Will you be coaching until 68?" questions etc

I know I have doubled in age and weight since 16 years ago...... Ahh to be back in high school with not many responsibilities!!
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 02:27 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Marvin, giggles Lewis was a flatout turd to the media and the fans.

This just is not true.  Marvin did not have problems with the media and never said anything bad about fans.

Greg Popovich is a turd to the media. Bill Parcells was a turd to the media. I can posts dozens of other coaches who have gone off on rants against he media.  Marvin never did any of that stuff.

The problem is that a bunch of hypersensitive snowflakes hated Marvin and made up stuff in their heads.  The twisted the most generic comments into personal attacks.

I was never a fan of Marvin's press conferences, but I am generally not a fan of any coaches (or players) press conferences.  they are always just the same clichés and coachspeak.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 02:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I like our new coach.  I am concerned more about the rest of his staff and our roster than Zac.

I just think there is way too much praise for Zac doing absolutely nothing just because he is not Marvin.  So many people gushing over a very generic press conference where he said the same thing as every other coach without any special style.

There were plenty of times when Marvin said we have to be prepared and we have to be mentally tough.  Funny how no one seems to remember that.

Yes this. And how basically our offense gets better by default just by having him here.

I've showed in numerous other posts that his track record as an OC hasn't been good in college or the pros.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2019, 02:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I like our new coach.  I am concerned more about the rest of his staff and our roster than Zac.

I understand about giving Taylor too much praise before he has even done anything. I get that.

I just like what I have seen from him so far and believe it should translate into a great thing for all of us to watch eventually.

There is definitely a difference in the way Zac says things and the way Marv said things.

(09-06-2019, 02:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You are more than welcome to like ZT, I like the guy, I just think the reviews of this press conference are more about the hype for the new season/new HC/New Dey than what the guy actually said.  I'm with Fred on this one, I heard a pretty mundane and routine bit of press conference-ing and it was ok.

I suppose my mistake was reading what people said happened in the press conference before listening to it myself and that led me to assuming he was a lot less mundane that he ended up sounding IN MY OPINION.  But again, this is more about me being amused at the new energy and buzz around the guy.  We're already hearing some glowing praise....NATURAL LEADER.....ACCOUNTABILITY......FUN.....OPPOSITE OF STINKY MARVIN......I just can't help but notice that this guy is pretty much all the things we've been saying Marvin Lewis is NOT for the past 3 years or so.

Soak it in...the halcyon days of newness and unbridled optimism! 

I watched the entire PC before reading what other people said.

My take is that it is a refreshing PC compared to the old stale guy we had here last season. My opinion.

Should be optimistic, no reason to not be, also, my opinion.
Reply/Quote
Mods,

Surely we are approaching another timeout for Fred?
Reply/Quote