Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor Offense
1. I would like to see more screens to help this horrid offensive line, Hart makes me miss Oguechi(sp?) and that's saying a lot.

2. Is Billy Price really that bad?

3. How about John Ross returning kicks, maybe then we can actually get some use out of him.

4. Where is Auden Tate?

IMO ZT is on the clock, if he doesn't show significant improvement, he should be out the door, maybe Zim gets fired im Minnesota and we bring him in, at this rate I'm almost convinced we'd been better off if we hired.....wait for it.. Hue Jackson. This team should and needs to be 2-2 heading into Baltimore, and it's up to ZT to figure it out.
Reply/Quote
1. O-who?? LOL

2. Yes

3. Have you seen Ross' hands? I want him nowhere remotely close to having to catch kicks and punts.

4. Needs to have a role in the offense for sure.
Reply/Quote
Recently, Zac has been... for the lack of a better word... dumb Whatever
Reply/Quote
The offensive line is really short on talent. Jonah has played fine throughout the first two weeks, Hopkins as well but everyone else has been shaky or downright bad. Cincinnati would really benefit from getting the run game going but that has proved really difficult to do.

Yeah, Billy Price is pretty bad. He, along with Ogbuehi have been the most damning busts that Cincinnati has drafted recently. This team has needed quality linemen for a few years. Between injuries and just flat out poor play, Price can’t get it done.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 01:31 PM)740Bengal Wrote: 1. I would like to see more screens to help this horrid offensive line, Hart makes me miss Oguechi(sp?) and that's saying a lot.

3. How about John Ross returning kicks, maybe then we can actually get some use out of him.

4. Where is Auden Tate?

IMO ZT is on the clock, if he doesn't show significant improvement, he should be out the door, maybe Zim gets fired im Minnesota and we bring him in, at this rate I'm almost convinced we'd been better off if we hired.....wait for it.. Hue Jackson. This team should and needs to be 2-2 heading into Baltimore, and it's up to ZT to figure it out.

I’ve been as down on Hart as anyone, and we absolutely need to upgrade the RT spot ASAP, but the bold is just crazy talk. Hart sucks but he looks like big Willie out there compared to Ogbuehi. The latter might honestly be the worst starting OL I’ve ever seen. At least of any that got a significant amount of starts anyway.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 01:31 PM)740Bengal Wrote: 1. I would like to see more screens to help this horrid offensive line, Hart makes me miss Oguechi(sp?) and that's saying a lot.

4. Where is Auden Tate?

IMO ZT is on the clock, if he doesn't show significant improvement, he should be out the door, maybe Zim gets fired im Minnesota and we bring him in, at this rate I'm almost convinced we'd been better off if we hired.....wait for it.. Hue Jackson.  This team should and needs to be 2-2 heading into Baltimore, and it's up to ZT to figure it out.

1. Screens are fine, but I would like to see the OL find a way to open holes for Mixon. It would open everything up. Hart sucks for sure, but for some reason the coaches and Hobspin love him. 

2. It appears he's pretty bad, however, in his defense he has had an ankle injury and that's why he hesnt played much. In fact he's been banged up his entire short underwhelming career so far. Seems like he always has some nagging little injury/excuse....

3. I would like to see Ross get the basics of catching the ball and not giving up on plays first of all. Not comfy with him returning kicks out of fear he will drop the ball.

4. Good question. No way should he be sitting behind Ross, imo.

ZT has to be on the clock, but even if we have a bad year this year, I expect they will keep him for 1 more and have some other coaching changes. I think it would help ZT a lot if he went out and hired a really proven OC and let go of that duty. He could very well be a better HC than he is an OC. But then again, what OC would do good with this OL? Lots of questions on a young, new team. The players play a role in this too nd one offseason isnt enough for the kind of rebuild we needed..... With a good OL we would probably be 2-0 right now and singing ZT's praises.
Reply/Quote
Three things hurting this offense right now.

O line giving up too much pressure.
Lack of running game success.
Lack of downfield throw success.

Screens could help, I’m with you there, but getting the running game remedied is the best solution to all of our offensive woes. What happened to the sweeps and outside runs? There were some creative runs from shotgun last year that I’m not seeing this year so far. Not sure where those went.

Defenses are able to pin their ears back and come after us instead of having to worry about any sort of misdirection or trickery. Not sure where this element is right now.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 01:31 PM)740Bengal Wrote:  I'm almost convinced we'd been better off if we hired.....wait for it.. Hue Jackson.  

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 02:16 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ve been as down on Hart as anyone, and we absolutely need to upgrade the RT spot ASAP, but the bold is just crazy talk. Hart sucks but he looks like big Willie out there compared to Ogbuehi. The latter might honestly be the worst starting OL I’ve ever seen. At least of any that got a significant amount of starts anyway.

Thought the exact same thing, Og didn't even try out there. Hart is better than that soggy shit sandwich.

Hart is a shit sandwich, just not a soggy one. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 02:57 PM)HarleyDog Wrote:

Hilarious  DAMN HARLEY THAT MADE ME LMAO!!!  LMAO  I even cried a little... Cry Hilarious
Reply/Quote
ZT is coaching like they promised him 5 years no matter if he wins or not.
Reply/Quote
Okay, I will respond to the OP's points...

1- We will need to draft a RT and a RG next year or bring in Justin Britt now or just hope Hart and FJ improve.

2- Pretty bad, better than last year but not saying much. Draft a RG.

3- Not for Ross returning Kicks as another poster said, his hands are suspect, that is the last thing you want.
Use Ross on Screens and short yardage then send him deep once the D bites. He might catch one once which helps.

4- Tate hasn't even dressed yet, heard he might tomorrow from Taylor. Mike Thomas has been more than solid.

Taylor just needs to talk to Burrow and give him plays he is comfortable with and get out of the way from what I have
been seeing. he is like the government or something. Just get out of the way man.
Reply/Quote
Listening to this week’s Bengals Booth pod. Lap is perplexed on two big play calling issues. First, he said in practice they run jet sweeps and motion all the time and then don’t do it in games. Second, they have not been using the same run blocking scheme that worked late last year, the pin and pull.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 05:09 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Listening to this week’s Bengals Booth pod. Lap is perplexed on two big play calling issues. First, he said in practice they run jet sweeps and motion all the time and then don’t do it in games. Second, they have not been using the same run blocking scheme that worked late last year, the pin and pull.

Craziness. The ineptitude knows no bounds...
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 05:09 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Listening to this week’s Bengals Booth pod. Lap is perplexed on two big play calling issues. First, he said in practice they run jet sweeps and motion all the time and then don’t do it in games. Second, they have not been using the same run blocking scheme that worked late last year, the pin and pull.

Yeah, go away from a scheme that actually worked and revert back to a scheme that never worked. How stupid can these coaches be? Whatever
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 05:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Craziness. The ineptitude knows no bounds...

(09-26-2020, 06:44 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Yeah, go away from a scheme that actually worked and revert back to a scheme that never worked. How stupid can these coaches be? Whatever

I was reading an interview with an Olineman a couple months ago, forget which one, might have been Jordan. He was talking about the change last year and he said the zone scheme was just too complicated to pull off with so many changing combinations of linemen.

Why would ZT and Turner insist on using a scheme that is too complicated to pull off anytime you lose a guy to injury? I’d think you’d want your scheme to be easy enough to be taught and executed.

Before anyone argues that would make it easier for our opponents to figure out, I’ll direct you back to last season’s late success in the running game.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 07:02 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I was reading an interview with an Olineman a couple months ago, forget which one, might have been Jordan. He was talking about the change last year and he said the zone scheme was just too complicated to pull off with so many changing combinations of linemen.

Why would ZT and Turner insist on using a scheme that is too complicated to pull off anytime you lose a guy to injury? I’d think you’d want your scheme to be easy enough to be taught and executed.

Before anyone argues that would make it easier for our opponents to figure out, I’ll direct you back to last season’s late success in the running game.

Pin and Pull is a zone scheme. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 07:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Pin and Pull is a zone scheme. 

Can you explain what they’re doing when they aren’t doing pin and pull? I’m just going by how Lap has labeled the two different schemes the Bengals have run under ZT. He calls one zone and the other pin and pull.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2020, 07:06 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Can you explain what they’re doing when they aren’t doing pin and pull?

Mid Zone off the Right Tackle. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

4. Where is Auden Tate?

Yep Hue Jackson is a more accomplished NFL coach than Zac Taylor...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote