Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor Sat 2:30 NFL Network Senior Bowl
(01-26-2020, 02:07 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Truck_1_0_1_
The oline didn't struggle; Throckmorton struggled to death. He gave up, what, 4 sacks to Anaee (sp?)?

And the Texas Tech guy too, just awful.

The LSU guys were awesome.

QBs were also bad; Hurts was ugh. Colorado guy doesn't even have a chance of making a roster.

Hobson seems to think Throckmorton was the big winner of the senior bowl lol. I only watched a little bit of the game, but when I did, Throckmorton was getting his ass handed to him.

Throckmorton was so very bad out at tackle but looked alot better inside when playing Center. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The oline didn't struggle; Throckmorton struggled to death. He gave up, what, 4 sacks to Anaee (sp?)?

QBs were also bad; Hurts was ugh. Colorado guy doesn't even have a chance of making a roster.

Hobson seems to think Throckmorton was the big winner of the senior bowl lol. I only watched a little bit of the game, but when I did, Throckmorton was getting his ass handed to him.

Sounds like a natural heir to the Bodine/Ogbuehi/Price blocking role.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
I didnt get to watch any of it so I was hoping someone would tell me how well the linebackers performed and who played the best on the O line. I know the teams were pretty neutered on tge schemes they could run out of.

I'm not surprised that Hurts didnt play well. I feel like he has a lot of potential and upside, but he needs time to really develop. I think a team with an established QB who has there contract expiring in the next year or 2 could take him in the mid rounds and maybe get one of the steals of the draft.

Not Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 03:11 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I didnt get to watch any of it so I was hoping someone would tell me how well the linebackers performed and who played the best on the O line. I know the teams were pretty neutered on tge schemes they could run out of.

Akeem Davis-Gaither won Practice Player of the Week because was everywhere. He had a bunch of PBUs and was physical in his fits during the 9 on 7s. He was the linebacker that got the calls from the sideline and lined everyone up too for group one.

Cameron Brown also had a good week. At 6'5 233 with his burst and speed he shrinks throwing windows. The Bengals had him playing Inside and Outside linebacker along with 34 OLB rushing off the edge. He also got the calls and lined up his group.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 04:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Akeem Davis-Gaither won Practice Player of the Week because was everywhere. He had a bunch of PBUs and was physical in his fits during the 9 on 7s. He was the linebacker that got the calls from the sideline and lined everyone up too for group one.

Cameron Brown also had a good week. At 6'5 233 with his burst and speed he shrinks throwing windows. The Bengals had him playing Inside and Outside linebacker along with 34 OLB rushing off the edge. He also got the calls and lined up his group.
 Thanks! I just read there profiles and I like both players! Brown is huge and Gaither is raw, and the bengals need both talents!
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 02:28 PM)Synric Wrote: Throckmorton was so very bad out at tackle but looked alot better inside when playing Center. 

Good to know for sure.

Synric, I have a question for you. You are a WVU fan I see. There are 3 former WVU players I wouldnt mind giving a look in FA. Nick Kwitkowsi (spchk) from the Bears, and Worley and Joseph from the Raiders. What do you think of those guys? I feel like ever Bears game I watched, Nick K was making plays everywhere. Seems like might be an upgrade to Vigil. His PFF grade is waaaay higher.
Reply/Quote
Bengal coaches were ravin about throckmorton because he learned the playbook overnight basically. He flew in late that week and had to learn on the fly. He isnt a tackle, hes better as a guard. He said he was happy that he played and wished he could have had better snaps.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 05:49 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Bengal coaches were ravin about throckmorton because he learned the playbook overnight basically. He flew in late that week and had to learn on the fly. He isnt a tackle, hes better as a guard. He said he was happy that he played and wished he could have had better snaps.

While it is impressive that he was able to learn the playbook overnight, what's doubly concerning is that despite all of that intelligence, he's still unable to figure out how to pick up rushers from a plain, vanilla defense..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 06:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: While it is impressive that he was able to learn the playbook overnight, what's doubly concerning is that despite all of that intelligence, he's still unable to figure out how to pick up rushers from a plain, vanilla defense..

Hes probably a mid round pick at best. Could still be  a solid player if given time to learn. 
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 06:18 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Hes probably a mid round pick at best. Could still be  a solid player if given time to learn. 

Possibly, but from what I'm reading is that his head is good, but his physical skills aren't.  In this day and age, who has time for 3-4 years of developmental time, when you're in the process of a rebuild?  If they want a Tackle, they need to get one at the top of the 2nd, or make moves to get one in the 2nd and pick up an extra pick.

I mean, with a name like Throckmorton, it sounds like he very well could be a guy all set to take over his father, Ira's accounting business, should this football thing not work out..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 07:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Possibly, but from what I'm reading is that his head is good, but his physical skills aren't.  In this day and age, who has time for 3-4 years of developmental time, when you're in the process of a rebuild?  If they want a Tackle, they need to get one at the top of the 2nd, or make moves to get one in the 2nd and pick up an extra pick.

I mean, with a name like Throckmorton, it sounds like he very well could be a guy all set to take over his father, Ira's accounting business, should this football thing not work out..
Teams are always needy off good o lineman, even if it could take 2 years for him to be a good player.

How long did it take our center to develop? 3 years? Billy price ain't beating him out any time soon
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 08:09 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Teams are always needy offood o lineman, even if it could take 2 years for him to be a good player.

How long did it take our center to develop? 3 years? Billy price ain't beating him out any time soon

Ok, so if we're planning on waiting 3 years for OL to develop into reliable players, should be just only pick guys in the 6-7th rounds and UDFAs??

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 08:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Ok, so if we're planning on waiting 3 years for OL to develop into reliable players, should be just only pick guys in the 6-7th rounds and UDFAs??

Never mentioned bengals drafting the guy, but some team that has a good cast of players can take him and let him work. Really smart players are good to keep around.

Hell no, bengals need better play at o line next year and an early pick needs to be made there to force better competition.
Reply/Quote

Wow, just wow. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 05:44 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Good to know for sure.

Synric, I have a question for you. You are a WVU fan I see. There are 3 former WVU players I wouldnt mind giving a look in FA. Nick Kwitkowsi (spchk) from the Bears, and Worley and Joseph from the Raiders. What do you think of those guys? I feel like ever Bears game I watched, Nick K was making plays everywhere. Seems like might be an upgrade to Vigil. His PFF grade is waaaay higher.

WVU Gold Season Ticket Holder.

Daryl Worley is an outside corner you want to play inside over the slot but he can't. He is one of the best press corners in the NFL but if a WR has a free release he is stiff and has no recovery speed.

I dont see the Bears letting Nick Kwiatkoski go since Danny Trevathan has been injured and is also a free agent. Kwiatkoski is fast linebacker I know he didnt run a great 40 but his shuttle times were top of his draft class he gets to top speed instantly. As a former safety Kwiatkoski is a solid cover guy coming out of the Big12 that runs alot of 4 WR sets. In the pros he has proven he can be phycial his run fits at the point of attack. I would love to see him in stripes but like I said I doubt the Bears let him go.

Karl Joseph is the guy I think could be a solid signing for the Bengals. Recently the safety market has been low and Joseph is just now starting to take a step forward in his development over the last two seasons. The Raiders have already drafted his replacement so there is little chance they resign him. His biggest issue is while hes been good he hasn't been the playmaker he was at WVU. I still think he could give Shawn Williams a run for his money as the starting Strong Safety.

Of the 3 I would love to see Nick Kwiatkoski in Cincy but would be happy if they went after Karl Joseph. If they did sign any of the 3 I would get to add another Jersey to my Mountaineer2Bengal Collection. Cool

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2020, 03:04 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Sounds like a natural heir to the Bodine/Ogbuehi/Price blocking role.

Yes, it is a noble line. Fit only for the truest of bluebloods who come to the Queen's Burgh with ostensible promise of thwarting and parrying the attackers effectively from a guard or tackle position, only to find that his true calling lies in being an absolute piece of shit of the highest order. 

Throckmorton, we beseech thee - answer your calling. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Davis-Gaither or Cameron Brown both sound like good picks to me. About where are these guys predicted to go in the
Draft I wonder?
Reply/Quote