Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor Sticky Thread?
(12-14-2020, 06:01 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Did he this year?  Before anyone goes nuts on me, all I mean is we see what it all looks like without Burrow.  If I were Burrow, I likely would've wanted it all on my shoulders as a rookie and not settled for less.  That may be why Burrow seems to support ZT, too.  We suspect the reason for Burrow throwing 50 times is because Zac told him to.  Heck, that might even be right.  But I just have this strange feeling that it wasn't.  

But I think that scenario was a damned if do/don't situation, because we'd all be picketing for not utilizing him enough too.

i dont see why anyone is surprised a Coach that only designed passing plays his last job calls too many passing plays and has almost ZERO run game....

Starting to question why any of us were excited about ZT to begin with.. Seems the only reason was he wasnt marvin... 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 06:03 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: But one aspect that I do think matters is the team that they fielded.  And I truly don't know if those teams fielded real bad teams or wasted potential across the board.  I'd argue that ZT started each year (OTA's) with a decent deck, but gosh he ran outta some Aces/Jokers/Face Cards.  

It's tough!  To me, it's tough.  

Joe Judge has more wins in 13 games than Zac has in 29, and he walked into a shit show in NY. The organization is a mess. His QB played like crap for a majority of the year, he lost his stud RB. He faced COVID, no preseason, etc in his first year...yet, he has found a way to win games...something Zac is still trying to figure out after almost 2 complete seasons.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 06:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i dont see why anyone is surprised a Coach that only designed passing plays his last job calls too many passing plays and has almost ZERO run game....

Starting to question why any of us were excited about ZT to begin with.. Seems the only reason was he wasnt marvin... 

The bolded was my initial excitement, absolutely.  And ML basically saved the Bengals, like any of you as YOUNG (ok fine old) as me know.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 06:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i dont see why anyone is surprised a Coach that only designed passing plays his last job calls too many passing plays and has almost ZERO run game....

ZT didn’t even do that in LA. He was a WR coach then a QB coach. Do QB coaches help the OC design plays? Not to my knowledge.

Joe Brady was just a passing game coordinator at LSU, but he’s certainly been a better play caller than ZT.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 06:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Joe Judge has more wins in 13 games than Zac has in 29, and he walked into a shit show in NY. The organization is a mess. His QB played like crap for a majority of the year, he lost his stud RB. He faced COVID, no preseason, etc in his first year...yet, he has found a way to win games...something Zac is still trying to figure out after almost 2 complete seasons.

The Giants beat the Seahawks with their backup QB. That’s coaching.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 06:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Joe Judge has more wins in 13 games than Zac has in 29, and he walked into a shits how in NY. The organization is a mess. His QB played like crap for a majority of the year, he lost his stud RB. He faced COVID, no preseason, etc in his first year...yet, he has found a way to win games...something Zac is still trying to figure out after almost 2 complete seasons.

Or perhaps we were a far worse dumpster fire to inherit and fix the same year ZT arrived.  Perhaps ZT has so much class that he doesn't even let on to how absolutely bogus of a sh1tshow he walked into was.  

Also, I do realize I'm really going out on the edge of possible, but as a Cincy sports fan of all their teams I've learned to accept things I just can't understand....
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 06:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Giants beat the Seahawks with their backup QB. That’s coaching.

I'd argue that's more of a rare "any given Sunday" scenario.  Sure, coach can have the credit, but if he's playing poker with the guys drinking and having a good time, he likely breaks down with a "I dunno how TF that just happened" .  

Granted, I'm guessing as I didn't even watch the Giants game.   
Reply/Quote

I was excited when ZT was hired, I won't lie.  He was young, brought energy and enthusiasm.  He was coming from a team that had just made the Superbowl and had what looked like a great culture in the building.  Players that trusted each other, coaches who were 100% onboard with the plan.  I thought Zac could bring that to the Bengals.  His previous playcalling failures didn't really bother me honestly because I expected he'd hire a staff around him where it wouldn't matter.  

None of what I was excited about and thought could have made him great has ended up being the case.  But no one knew, for certain, this would be the outcome.  People were worried about him not being an offensive genius the same way people are screaming for Bienemy because they're hoping he will be.  But that's not the skillset we needed from Zac or any HC.  What happened is that he came and failed to be a leader.  And that's what the team needed.  And what it appears ZT will never, ever be.  
Reply/Quote
No, we need the entire first page to be threads on Zac Taylor!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 06:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: No, we need the entire first page to be threads on Zac Taylor!

Sometimes it feels that way, man.  I enjoy seeing threads like the one I saw on 3rd quarter points all year.  This group collectively comes out with some crazy stuff I'd never know if I wasn't a part of it!  I love it!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 05:30 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Hey all, I was just thinking about this and decided why not create my first thread (I think?).  I remember we used to have an all things Andy Dalton thread where folks could just pile on all day all long about Andy sucking and blah blah blah.  At what point do we approach critical mass to create one of those for ZT?  I don't believe we ever did for ML, so perhaps there's a no-coach thought out there.  I just thought it was an interesting idea and perhaps I could read non ZT hate sometimes.  Thoughts?

Please no.  Taylor is hopefully fired in 3 weeks or so.  I was a Taylor supporter from the beginning.  He lost me after the Burrow injury.  I want him to just go away at this point.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 06:23 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Please no.  Taylor is hopefully fired in 3 weeks or so.  I was a Taylor supporter from the beginning.  He lost me after the Burrow injury.  I want him to just go away at this point.  

Let's play hypothetical here:
What if Burrow had stayed healthy and the Bengals won 2 more games out of WAS, NYG, MIA, and DAL, putting them at 4-8-1 at this point in the season?
Would that be enough to consider keeping Taylor on board for another year?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 06:19 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Or perhaps we were a far worse dumpster fire to inherit and fix the same year ZT arrived.  Perhaps ZT has so much class that he doesn't even let on to how absolutely bogus of a sh1tshow he walked into was.  

Also, I do realize I'm really going out on the edge of possible, but as a Cincy sports fan of all their teams I've learned to accept things I just can't understand....

The Giants were 12-36 in the 3 years before Judge took over. The Bengals were 19-28-1 in the 3 years before Zac took over. 

I respect your opinion brother and kudos for trying to find positive things to hold onto, but the fact is that there are no excuses for Zac that actually hold up when you start looking around the league and at historical comparisons. Hell, you don't even have to look too far, just go back 2 years when Zac was hired. Every single coach hired with or since him has a better win %, and that includes Gase...who's 0-13 this year!

There's just no way around how bad Zac has been. 
Reply/Quote
The Andy thread had a noticeable split among fans that were for and against.

From everything I have seen on here and elsewhere like twitter, its probably closer to 99% of fans that want Zac out.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 06:19 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Or perhaps we were a far worse dumpster fire to inherit and fix the same year ZT arrived.  Perhaps ZT has so much class that he doesn't even let on to how absolutely bogus of a sh1tshow he walked into was.  

Have you seen the Giants play the last couple years? Their OL is as bad as ours, and they certainly don’t have a pair of WR’s as good as Boyd/Higgins. Not sure they have anyone close to Jessie Bates level on the defense either.

And ZT was given 150 million dollars to bring in FA’s. You can’t keep taking about the situation he walked into. It’s his job to fix it. And fix it quickly. Other teams like Arizona and Miami were able to do it. A couple years ago SF did it. Etc.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 06:21 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I'd argue that's more of a rare "any given Sunday" scenario.  Sure, coach can have the credit, but if he's playing poker with the guys drinking and having a good time, he likely breaks down with a "I dunno how TF that just happened" .  

Granted, I'm guessing as I didn't even watch the Giants game.   

Any given Sunday unless ZT is coaching. He’s apparently incapable of winning a road game...

Reply/Quote

Not everyone was excited about the hire...
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 06:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Have you seen the Giants play the last couple years? Their OL is as bad as ours, and they certainly don’t have a pair of WR’s as good as Boyd/Higgins. Not sure they have anyone close to Jessie Bates level on the defense either.

And ZT was given 150 million dollars to bring in FA’s. You can’t keep taking about the situation he walked into. It’s his job to fix it. And fix it quickly. Other teams like Arizona and Miami were able to do it. A couple years ago SF did it. Etc.

A lot of that money went into what would turn out to be rehabbing players.  It's tough.  I think he tried to fix it as best he could.  Shrug.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 06:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Any given Sunday unless ZT is coaching. He’s apparently incapable of winning a road game...

Sick ZT Burn.  LOL.  Totally true.  
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 06:40 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: A lot of that money went into what would turn out to be rehabbing players.  It's tough.  I think he tried to fix it as best he could.  Shrug.

You’re happy with XSF being the only addition to the OL?

Reply/Quote