Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor=Tony Dungy
(10-13-2021, 12:09 AM)Wyche Wrote: Meh....Wyche drafted Sapp, Lynch, and Brooks....what 3 players you remember best from that era?

Meh......drafting well is meaningless if you can't coach up the players.

Bucs averaged less than 6 wins a year with Wyche as head coach (23-41).
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 01:13 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Didn't he also draft Dilfer?

Yeah I know Dilfer wasn't great, but he was serviceable and stabilized the QB position for them at the beginning of that string of playoff appearances with Dungy.

Yes, had forgotten that one.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 06:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Meh......drafting well is meaningless if you can't coach up the players.

Bucs averaged less than 6 wins a year with Wyche as head coach (23-41).

They went from horrid when he showed up, to respectable at 7-9 his last season. Rome wasn't built in a day back then. Hell, the BUCS hadn't been to the playoffs since 81 until their first trip shortly after Sam left in 95. Dungy's first year was 6-10. That team was built over a few years. You know your history.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2021, 08:37 PM)jason Wrote: Zac Taylor is posting in Jungle Noise... Awesome.

Tough loss this week coach.

You win the forum today
Reply/Quote
(10-14-2021, 08:20 PM)motoarch Wrote: You win the forum today

I've decided that as long as they're winning I'ma take it easy on Zac... Couldn't resist that softball though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2021, 03:44 AM)The American Dream Wrote: Taylor is seeming like LeBeau's long lost grandson at this point. And yes I may be totally in the minority in that thinking I know.

Obviously hope he gets it together but some of his decision making does leave a lot to be desired at times.

At least LeBeau had a HoF player career, and a HoF DC career to erase the stink of his time as a HC.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't think zt is a great coach, but i get what you're saying. And it's valid.

For several years, we've had a really bad roster. Bad defenses, bad lines, average at best in a lot of spots.

It's taken a couple years, but, largely through the draft, we've got a better team. Our defense is solid. Our skills guys are relevant. Our QB is top 10. And we've done the bull of it through drafting, which means we're not just throwing money at problems hoping they fix themselves (well, outside of corner).

Zt may not be a perfect coach, but he rebuilt a roster full of backups into one that can win against anybody.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown is happy with Zac because he sees improvement every year in the W - L record.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 08:09 AM)Benton Wrote: I don't think zt is a great coach, but i get what you're saying. And it's valid.

For several years, we've had a really bad roster. Bad defenses, bad lines, average at best in a lot of spots.

It's taken a couple years, but, largely through the draft, we've got a better team. Our defense is solid. Our skills guys are relevant. Our QB is top 10. And we've done the bull of it through drafting, which means we're not just throwing money at problems hoping they fix themselves (well, outside of corner).

Zt may not be a perfect coach, but he rebuilt a roster full of backups into one that can win against anybody.

Agree.   I have concerns of Taylor's play calling and game management, but think the team has been rebuilt well from an intangible and tangible perspective since arriving.  If those personnel decisions were because of him, he definitely deserves credit.  It's certainly frustrating though, having to wonder if the team is held back by those other factors that come into play when evaluating a coach's performance.  
Reply/Quote
he is probly more qualified to be a cheerleader
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 08:09 AM)Benton Wrote: Zt may not be a perfect coach, but he rebuilt a roster full of backups into one that can win against anybody.

Did ZT rebuild it?    or the Front office...  Why wasnt the front office spending money when we had our last coach?        Who gets credit for the roster?
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2021, 09:57 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Did ZT rebuild it?    or the Front office...  Why wasnt the front office spending money when we had our last coach?        Who gets credit for the roster?

That's a good question.   I know you're quoting another poster's post, but in my post above, I qualify my sentence with "IF" before outright crediting him with the roster construction.  Whomever is responsible, there seems to be a change in the way the team drafted along with a concerted theme in constructing the roster once he was hired, especially on the defensive side of the ball.  
Reply/Quote