Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor Was Here Yesterday!
Remember on the old boards when I posted about my friend (that’s a missile salesman and his family owns the company, so he has more money than God), that said Mike Brown wanted a tackle but Lip said we need to draft Rey M, so we did?

I’m having criptails (crippled cocktails) with his cousin right now and he played golf up here with Zac Taylor.

Zac said they wanted the tight end from Utah.

I thought he Michael Mayer was perfect for our division and couldn’t believe that we passed on him but Taylor told him that Mayer is good but wasn’t fast enough to create separation, which is what Zac wants from his tight ends.

That has bugged me since the draft but I trust Zac and that makes sense!
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2023, 10:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Remember on the old boards when I posted about my friend (that’s a missile salesman and his family owns the company, so he has more money than God), that said Mike Brown wanted a tackle but Lip said we need to draft Rey M, so we did?

I’m having criptails (crippled cocktails) with his cousin right now and he played golf up here with Zac Taylor.

I thought he Michael Mayer was perfect for our division and couldn’t believe that we passed on him but Taylor told him that Mayer is good but wasn’t fast enough to create separation, which is what Zac wants from his tight ends.

And his blocking
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2023, 10:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Remember on the old boards when I posted about my friend (that’s a missile salesman and his family owns the company, so he has more money than God), that said Mike Brown wanted a tackle but Lip said we need to draft Rey M, so we did?

Nope. Drawing a blank
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2023, 10:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope. Drawing a blank

Ok, so why even post this?
Reply/Quote
I remember seeing Marvin Lewis eating his tuna fish on rye though.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2023, 01:38 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ok, so why even post this?

Because you asked. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2023, 06:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because you asked. 

But a lot of people probably don’t remember and, even if they did, what did that post add to the thread?
Reply/Quote
Not sure Kincaid is that much of a shocker.... several pf were saying this.

Reply/Quote
Good scoop! Very interesting. Personally, I didn't want Kincaid (best ability is availability, etc.). Was hoping they'd target LaPorta. He looks like such a natural talent who can find the seams and create space with his eyes closed. Plus, Hawkeyes are a TE factory and he may be the next in line. But that's why I'm not a professional coach.

In the end, we got Murph. I was pumped about him initially, but now taking a bit more of a wait & see. But that's for another day/thread...

Thanks again for the scoop.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2023, 09:39 PM)tms Wrote: Good scoop! Very interesting. Personally, I didn't want Kincaid (best ability is availability, etc.). Was hoping they'd target LaPorta. He looks like such a natural talent who can find the seams and create space with his eyes closed. Plus, Hawkeyes are a TE factory and he may be the next in line. But that's why I'm not a professional coach.

In the end, we got Murph. I was pumped about him initially, but now taking a bit more of a wait & see. But that's for another day/thread...

Thanks again for the scoop.

It's good to be in Greater Cincinnati right now!

I still can't believe that we didn't take a tight end at all with so many good ones in this draft. I get it that we need a replacement for Boyd but I also think that a good receiving tight end would be a big part of this offense.

I'm getting more pumped for Murph because, like I keep saying, if we give Burrow time, he'll put up a lot of points and other teams will need to throw the ball to keep up, so pass rushers and guys in the secondary is what we need.
Reply/Quote

I suspected we liked Kincaid even if it didn't make sense to me as he isn't a good blocker at all. Sounds like we are maybe going to 
transition to more pass catching TE's. It's all good, I am down with it. Just kind of weird drafting Drew Sample who is purely a blocker
and then wanting Kincaid who is a WR playing TE. Not even a good blocking WR either lol
Reply/Quote