Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor changing MB's mind about Analytics?
(03-26-2020, 07:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You sure about that? That is a bit of a concern if true with Waynes.

But at least he can tackle them when the pass is completed lol

Waynes is basically a younger Dre. They share the same limitations when it comes to ball tracking and getting beat by fast receivers. The difference is Waynes is a better run defender. Every defender we've signed is great at stopping the run, that's been the theme of our FA signings. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Picture, if you will, Mike Brown roaming around the back of the office in a rob, boxers, a white tank top and slippers just watering plants while mumbling to himself, "I built a winner".

Katie is sitting behind a huge cherry desk stain dark brown flanked by Tobin and Taylor.

Dalton sitting in another chair in front of the desk gets up and say, " Mister Brown, I gave you these years and took you to the play..." while Mike Brown lifts his hand and waves it as to shew Dalton away and says, "Its Katie's team now, just do what she says."

That's how I'm picturing this whole thing.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 07:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You sure about that? That is a bit of a concern if true with Waynes.

But at least he can tackle them when the pass is completed lol

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WaynTr00.htm
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 01:01 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Waynes is basically a younger Dre. They share the same limitations when it comes to ball tracking and getting beat by fast receivers. The difference is Waynes is a better run defender. Every defender we've signed is great at stopping the run, that's been the theme of our FA signings. 

Stats say different things.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 05:58 PM)caneyoufeelit Wrote: Why are we all assuming Geno is going to be as good as he's been in the past? We all know he wasn't that great last year. He turns 32 in a couple of days.  To me, the Reader signing was more of a "replacement" for Geno than a "we need to pair someone up to take pressure off Geno." Ultimately, it was probably a little of both but definitely more of the former.  

Uhhhh, Geno is the only Hall of Fame candidate since Munoz. Geno isn't going anywhere, PERIOD.
He's retiring a Bengal if it's the last thing Mike Brown does.
He is still a beast and gets all the respect; hence, the reason he was chosen yet again to go to the Pro Bowl.

The only reason he didn't put up the numbers last year was b/c he did play too many snaps.
But, they didn't get Reader to take his spot. They signed him to help him out.
When was the last time Geno had another guy who needed to be double teamed on the inside besides him???? Scary!

Glasgow can come take some snaps away from Geno; and, they need to find someone else to rotate in there too.

A lineup on 3rd down of: Lawson/Hubbard, Reader, (A more Rested Geno),  Dunlap   gets me very excited and I can't wait to see it!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 04:05 AM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: Uhhhh, Geno is the only Hall of Fame candidate since Munoz. Geno isn't going anywhere, PERIOD.
He's retiring a Bengal if it's the last thing Mike Brown does.
He is still a beast and gets all the respect; hence, the reason he was chosen yet again to go to the Pro Bowl.

The only reason he didn't put up the numbers last year was b/c he did play too many snaps.
But, they didn't get Reader to take his spot. They signed him to help him out.
When was the last time Geno had another guy who needed to be double teamed on the inside besides him???? Scary!

Glasgow can come take some snaps away from Geno; and, they need to find someone else to rotate in there too.

A lineup on 3rd down of: Lawson/Hubbard, Reader, (A more Rested Geno),  Dunlap   gets me very excited and I can't wait to see it!!!

I never said anything about Geno going away. I'm just saying that last year's decline in stats is alarming and our coaches are alarmed too which is why they went out and got Reader.

I don't think you can say that his decline was due to too many snaps. On the flip side, I don't think I can say that player few snaps will help hm either. But I did find some stats interesting.

If you look at his Game Logs, you can see in his first 8 games (before the bye), he played at least 75% or more of snaps in 4 of those 8 games. in the 2nd half, he played 75% of snaps in 7 of those 8 and quite obviously the our Defensive Coaches decided to use him more.  
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 01:01 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Waynes is basically a younger Dre. They share the same limitations when it comes to ball tracking and getting beat by fast receivers. The difference is Waynes is a better run defender. Every defender we've signed is great at stopping the run, that's been the theme of our FA signings. 

Which is an upgrade, I don't like seeing our CB's out there whiffing like Dre all the time.

It is embarrassing.

(03-27-2020, 01:46 AM)caneyoufeelit Wrote: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WaynTr00.htm

Okay, still like Waynes over Dre and Waynes can still improve in coverage as he is younger.

(03-27-2020, 01:50 AM)caneyoufeelit Wrote: Stats say different things.

And stats sometimes don't tell the whole story.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2020, 01:46 AM)caneyoufeelit Wrote: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WaynTr00.htm

(03-27-2020, 01:50 AM)caneyoufeelit Wrote: Stats say different things.

Your right.
Waynes allows 3 less yards per completion. But hey, in 19 Wayne's played 2x the number of snaps that Dre did.
Wayne's QB rating was better, and missed tackles was lower.

Kinda sad when Wayne's allowed a YAC of 162 vs Dres 122 in 2x snaps..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2020, 03:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: "Analytics" relies on objective stats.  PFF rankings are subjective voodoo.  For example, did you know Andy Dalton was better in 2018 than 2015?

I am glad to see them spending money on younger players, but still need to see if they are evaluating them correctly.

Are there "pressure situation" stats?  You know like "game on the line" type?
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote