Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor for coach of the year!!!
For some weird reason a small segment of Bengals fans dug in that he was bad last 2 years and insist on continuing to be hyper-critical of him even though we are a young team that just won a tough division. It's weird. Bengals fans are weird.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:31 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: For some weird reason a small segment of Bengals fans dug in that he was bad last 2 years and insist on continuing to be hyper-critical of him even though we are a young team that just won a tough division. It's weird. Bengals fans are weird.

They need a scapegoat, and they need to be right all of the time. It was the same way with Dalton, no matter what he did, or how well he played at times.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:51 PM)pally Wrote:

Vrabel for sure. LeFleur?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I'mma drop this nugget again here....

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/nfl-week-17-s-biggest-decisions-zac-taylor-wisely-managed-bizarre-finish-in-beng

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'mma drop this nugget again here....

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/nfl-week-17-s-biggest-decisions-zac-taylor-wisely-managed-bizarre-finish-in-beng

looks wise cause it worked.... Had their not been a penalty and we gave up the ball with no points   would people still be happy?
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: looks wise cause it worked.... Had their not been a penalty and we gave up the ball with no points   would people still be happy?

If you read the article, and the analytics behind it, you might think differently. Even if it blew up, you give Mahommes and company less time to go about 70 yds with no timeouts to kick the FG....99 to get the TD. Myself, I liked it immediately. In any other instance, probably not. However, we're talking Patty, Kelce, and Hill with ample clock and maybe a TO (don't recall) if we kick right there. If your opponent was the NYG, then yeah, probably an unnecessary risk. 

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: looks wise cause it worked.... Had their not been a penalty and we gave up the ball with no points   would people still be happy?

Also, Mixon play is reviewed and likely reversed. Boyd probably scores on the other play if his facemask isn't yanked.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: If you read the article, and the analytics behind it, you might think differently. Even if it blew up, you give Mahommes and company less time to go about 70 yds with no timeouts to kick the FG....99 to get the TD. Myself, I liked it immediately. In any other instance, probably not. However, we're talking Patty, Kelce, and Hill with ample clock and maybe a TO (don't recall) if we kick right there. If your opponent was the NYG, then yeah, probably an unnecessary risk. 

i liked getting the 1st and running down the clock/timeouts... I did not like fishing for a penalty on 4th down risking no points  when the defense had basically shut down the chiefs the entire Half.

Showd lack of confidence in a Defense that had played very well since the half
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:01 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i liked getting the 1st and running down the clock/timeouts... I did not like fishing for a penalty on 4th down risking no points  when the defense had basically shut down the chiefs the entire Half.

Showd lack of confidence in a Defense that had played very well since the half

.....or confidence in your offense to get it done...and in the event you don't, you believe the D will hold one more time. Perspective. Joe Burrow noted that he was taking more risks this year early in the season because they believed in their defense. Interpret how you wish my good man.

Another interesting note, I saw another article that said KC blew that entire sequence and that they should've just let us score to give their offense a chance.

Reply/Quote
Taylor deserves it no question.
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/kelseylconway/status/1478080062373122049?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: Also, Mixon play is reviewed and likely reversed. Boyd probably scores on the other play if his facemask isn't yanked.

Right, without the penalties we score anyway and win by 7.
Reply/Quote