Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor has built an amazing culture
20 years from now when they run out of local bars they'll be handing game balls out to groceries and drug stores and hair salons....  Mellow
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 326052147_696631122185772_20920760040390...e=63CAE10E]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The players made the plays that saved the game. They deserve credit.

That was a different D after halftime, except for a couple of plays. Teams don't score much on this D after halftime.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:19 AM)Interceptor Wrote: We are dead when Lou leaves.  Cry

I don't think he is going anywhere. If he does, best of luck to him!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think he was in over his head early. That 1st year had more talent than the record. And I think the players knew he was in over his head and didn't respect him so it compounded.

Then, the Bengals flipped over the roster.

Remember that expose too about the toxic communication too. I believe Lou was talked about in that as well as Turner.

I think these things drove the coaches to improve. They gameplan and scout opponents well. They do a bunch of things well.

Nothing wrong with failure fueling success. And most franchises see 1 or 2 years of failure and fire coaches. The Bengals stuck with these guys to let them figure it out.

I know that some will view this as negative, but it's not meant to be. People like to think that we all start out either good or bad at something and stay that way. But, it's not that simple. Guys like Kingsbury and Rhuke regressed. The Bengals staff progresses.

The Lions HC is doing it too.
Actually find myself agreeing with you. The first year, I wouldn't say Zac was in over his head. This roster needed over overhauled, you can't do that in 1 year. 2nd year, rookie QB picked up 2 players that are the cornerstone of this D in FA, Reader got hurt. AJ was bad. Great draft though!
3rd year, Great WR in the draft.....SB
4ht year, great haul in FA, bad start, kept our heads and rattled off 9 straight wins. 
This team just finds a way to get it done! That is a testament to Zac and what he brought to Cincinnati! 
Reply/Quote
I give Duke and the front office a ton of credit for keeping Zac around when most Franchises wouldn't. Same could be said for Lou as well.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:04 PM)J24 Wrote: I give Duke and the front office a ton of credit for keeping Zac around when most Franchises wouldn't. Same could be said for Lou as well.

I wonder if other teams around the league will learn the value of patience after seeing what Zac is doing? Probably not.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wonder if other teams around the league will learn the value of patience after seeing what Zac is doing? Probably not.

I'm thinking when the Rams fire McVay Zac probably has an opening for him as an assistant.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm thinking when the Rams fire McVay Zac probably has an opening for him as an assistant.

Sean McVay is the real deal. He will never be an assistant again. I’m shocked he didn’t retire this year. I expect it was because his agent talked to FOX and they are waiting on Brady to decide. Second I don’t think he wants to leave ownership or Matt Stafford like this. He’s gonna jump to TV at some point as his knockout wife wants more of him than she’s getting. He will jump back to coaching in 5 years like Gruden
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:10 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm thinking when the Rams fire McVay Zac probably has an opening for him as an assistant.

You forgot the ninja…

McVay will make a fortune as an analyst on one of the broadcasts.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You forgot the ninja…

McVay will make a fortune as an analyst on one of the broadcasts.

Yeah, I'm on the phone right now and not the laptop
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think he was in over his head early. That 1st year had more talent than the record. And I think the players knew he was in over his head and didn't respect him so it compounded.

Remember that expose too about the toxic communication too. I believe Lou was talked about in that as well as Turner.

I think these things drove the coaches to improve. They gameplan and scout opponents well. They do a bunch of things well.

Nothing wrong with failure fueling success. And most franchises see 1 or 2 years of failure and fire coaches. The Bengals stuck with these guys to let them figure it out.

I know that some will view this as negative, but it's not meant to be. People like to think that we all start out either good or bad at something and stay that way. But, it's not that simple. Guys like Kingsbury and Rhuke regressed. The Bengals staff progresses.

(01-16-2023, 02:27 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Actually find myself agreeing with you. The first year, I wouldn't say Zac was in over his head. This roster needed over overhauled, you can't do that in 1 year. 2nd year, rookie QB picked up 2 players that are the cornerstone of this D in FA, Reader got hurt. AJ was bad. Great draft though!
3rd year, Great WR in the draft.....SB
4ht year, great haul in FA, bad start, kept our heads and rattled off 9 straight wins. 
This team just finds a way to get it done! That is a testament to Zac and what he brought to Cincinnati! 

Well most first year head coaches are inexperienced and it shows. I’m real impressed with Mike McDaniel but he sucked royally worse than any time Zac ever did in his late game management yesterday. Zac’s first year he had serious roster issues and Mixon said the teams work ethic awful. Many were the veterans. But the roster in itself was awful. Should they have won more? Probably. The second year they were devastated with injuries.

The bottom line is there’s a lot of credit deserving people in the organization. Several coaches, Duke and his staff, and the Brown’s themselves. Of course Joe Burrow has been immensely important. But Zac flipped the culture, got the Brown’s to buy in, hired good coaches, and gave Duke a blueprint of what kind of guys to get in FA and the draft. It was the same vision he sold the Browns on to hire such a young inexperienced coach. Which is so unlike them. But it was the same blueprint that had Arizona and yes Denver wanting him. Anybody thinking this turnaround was all happenstance is just silly.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 10:30 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Harbaugh is missing out Zac is a pretty nice guy if you just spend a little time to get to know him.

Mixon was ready to thump the guy that was laying on him and threw a forearm into Mixion's b*lls. Burrow was there bear hugging Mixon talking him down.

Harbaugh is still bitter about Burrow's 525 game. He had a fit about that despite trying the same thing the previous season when trying to get the rushing record. 

(01-16-2023, 12:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think he was in over his head early. That 1st year had more talent than the record. And I think the players knew he was in over his head and didn't respect him so it compounded.

Zac has definitely been the old school approach in that you need to give your coach 3 years to get his system fully in place. A big problem for him in 2019 is that the FO brought him in because they thought they had a talented roster and only needed a new coach to fix it. Unfortunately, the roster was so entrenched in Marvin's ways that they didn't gravitate to Zac's way. Dunlap is a prime example of that. One of the main reasons he got demoted is because he didn't give his all in practice. That didn't sit well with the coaches.

That expose was a blessing for the team. I remember shortly after it came out, Bates mentioned that Lou's communication got a lot better. Jim Turner was just a horrible coach and I'm glad we got rid of him. Such an embarrassing hire.

2020 really felt like Zac's first year with the team. He's now got a great locker room because of his focus in the draft targeting captains and locker room leaders. Hopefully he and Duke can put together a string of great drafts and keep this team on top for a long time.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s now beaten Reid, Harbaugh, and Vrabel in the playoffs.

The debate is over. Dude is a good coach

make no mistake we got outcoached and outplayed on sunday....      Logan and Hubbard came up big though
Reply/Quote
And it's the little things as well. After giving praise to Hubbard and Wilson in the locker room, Taylor later watched the tape and saw it was Pratt who actually stood Huntley up, and did texted him that it did not go unnoticed. That's leadership....

https://www.bengals.com/news/why-zac-taylor-texted-germaine-pratt-and-other-quick-hits
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 09:24 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: make no mistake we got outcoached and outplayed on sunday....      Logan and Hubbard came up big though

I don't know how you figure that......
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 09:24 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: make no mistake we got outcoached and outplayed on sunday....      Logan and Hubbard came up big though

Weird example to use as good coaching. It was Harbaugh and Roman that called a QB sneak from the 2 in the first place. The smart play would have been to run it with Dobbins right there.

Not to mention Harbaugh’s TERRIBLE clock management at the end.

Reply/Quote

Damn Zac and yet I thought since he’d won the last 20 out of 27 he was extraordinary and plus hearing Joe Burrow say he was the best in the NFL. Darn have I been fooled. LMAO. This is the board you are suppose to be on.
https://cincinnatisoccertalk.com/

Reply/Quote

You just accidentally dunked on your own comment lol.
Reply/Quote

The "we won in spite of Zac" crowd is not dead. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote