Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor has taken over the league lead in...
BS

"You just gotta put this in the bed and move on to Washington."

"When you lose a divisional game, you can't dwell on it for too long and lose focus on the next game."

"We don't even look at the record, we just focus on the game."

"We've got really high standards for all of our players."

"You have to take some things from these games that you can grow from and learn from."

I've gotta hand it to the guy...he's the best BSer in the game.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
all we are missing are the press conference giggles.....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Most of those are right. I’d rather him say they are pisses at losing to Pittsburgh, but he probably can’t say that.
Reply/Quote
This dude should be selling Kirby vacuums door to door by this time next year.
Reply/Quote
I don’t really care what he says. Actions speak louder than words. Start winning some damn games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Its all about the record. You wouldn't be saying this if we were 6-3. He no longer gets the benefit of the doubt. Words mean nothing at this point.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 11:27 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This dude should be selling Kirby vacuums door to door by this time next year.

Or selling Tupperware like Uncle Rico  Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 11:52 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Or selling Tupperware like Uncle Rico  Hilarious

Yea uncle Rico! hes gonna throw that football over a mountain and beat the team with no name! ....Its the annual death spiral we are all accustomed to and expect . This guy should be looking at Starbucks Manager opportunities by next yr. I think he would be great at that . His personality does not exude "SMASHMOUTH" style football which is what AFC North is all about. This whole thing about bringing the Rams offense over was BS and he conned Katy maybe cause she thought he was cute who knows?. We should have been looking to bring in Steeler/Ravens coaches and their scouts that could have taught Katy and Co what it takes to build a successful and durable blue print year in and year out.  
Reply/Quote
What else is he supposed to say?

I probably say the same thing in his position.

Nothing he say to the press is going to change what happens on the field.

I not defending the fact that his tenure has been a failure but who cares about what he's saying unless it's actively hurting the team.

Look back at what what the coaches were saying in Cleveland with hue jackson. That was problematic and probably had more to do with his firing than his record.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 12:59 PM)kalibengal Wrote: Yea uncle Rico! hes gonna throw that football over a mountain and beat the team with no name! ....Its the annual death spiral we are all accustomed to and expect . This guy should be looking at Starbucks Manager opportunities by next yr. I think he would be great at that . His personality does not exude "SMASHMOUTH" style football which is what AFC North is all about. This whole thing about bringing the Rams offense over was BS and he conned Katy maybe cause she thought he was cute who knows?. We should have been looking to bring in Steeler/Ravens coaches and their scouts that could have taught Katy and Co what it takes to build a successful and durable blue print year in and year out.  

In McVay's system, the RB was a focal point of the offense.

In the two years that Taylor was in LA, here were Gurley's stats:
2017 - 279 rush attempts, 1305 ruYds, 13 ruTDs, 64 receptions, 788 recYds, 6 recTDs
2018 - 256 rush attempts, 1251 ruYds, 17 ruTDs, 59 receptions, 580 recYds, 4 recTDs

We looked like we were on track for that last season, as Mixon had over 300 touches and 1400+ yards from scrimmage, but this year we are more pass-focused (I assume because of Burrow). 

The RBs are used more in the passing game this year compared to last, on pace for 87+ receptions and 600+ receiving yards between Mixon and Bernard. Last year, Mixon + Bernard had 65 receptions and 521 yards.

If the Bengals want to use the RB like McVay did, they need to improve the run blocking, as we know Mixon can churn out good yards if he has even adequate blocking.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
""When you lose a divisional game, you can't dwell on it"

Those six games alone can get you into the post-season. This dude ***** sucks.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 01:41 PM)Big Boss Wrote: ""When you lose a divisional game, you can't dwell on it"
What if you lose all of them?  Can you dwell on that?   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 11:09 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: BS

"You just gotta put this in the bed and move on to Washington."

"When you lose a divisional game, you can't dwell on it for too long and lose focus on the next game."

"We don't even look at the record, we just focus on the game."

"We've got really high standards for all of our players."

"You have to take some things from these games that you can grow from and learn from."

I've gotta hand it to the guy...he's the best BSer in the game.

When is the growing gonna start ? 
Reply/Quote
He was pretty honest right after the game:

"No chance. You lose the turnover battle, especially early on. We got a big stop on defense to start the game and then turned it over and started to get some momentum on offense at that point, turned it over. Those were killers in the first half, and then to go 0 for 13 or whatever it ended up being on offense, you're not going to -- you've got no chance. There's no chance.

We were not good enough in any area today, offense, defense, special teams, and we really weren't good enough coaching, and that is with me 100 percent. I feel like I let these guys down today, so it all starts with me."

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 02:00 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: He was pretty honest right after the game:

"No chance. You lose the turnover battle, especially early on. We got a big stop on defense to start the game and then turned it over and started to get some momentum on offense at that point, turned it over. Those were killers in the first half, and then to go 0 for 13 or whatever it ended up being on offense, you're not going to -- you've got no chance. There's no chance.

We were not good enough in any area today, offense, defense, special teams, and we really weren't good enough coaching, and that is with me 100 percent. I feel like I let these guys down today, so it all starts with me."

Yeah, this coming after a bye and 2/3 of your team is flat and not in the game really got under my skin. I honestly thought Burrow wouldn’t let his team be as flat as they were to start, or he would say something to keep there heads focused, but he didn’t or it didn’t help. Spot any team 2 turnovers and 12 points and you’re going to lose, especially to a division rival and most especially to an undefeated team.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 02:18 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Yeah, this coming after a bye and 2/3 of your team is flat and not in the game really got under my skin. I honestly thought Burrow wouldn’t let his team be as flat as they were to start, or he would say something to keep there heads focused, but he didn’t or it didn’t help. Spot any team 2 turnovers and 12 points and you’re going to lose, especially to a division rival and most especially to an undefeated team.

I didn't see them come out flat.

The defense stopped them on drive one.

Then Erickson....

Then the defense holds them to three.

Then fumble on a completed pass kills the drive.

This was a game at the half, the late hit on Burrow out of bounds, clearly impacted his play in the 2nd half. And the turnovers made it look like everyone was pressing and trying to not make a mistake instead of just playing naturally. This leads to the offense struggling and the defense being worn out.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I'm amazed at how poised he can remain when spewing his words. I wonder if he sincerely believes what he's saying or he's just an effective liar.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2020, 11:29 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t really care what he says. Actions speak louder than words. Start winning some damn games.

WhoDey2  Time to bring out and dust off the: "I see better than I hear"...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
This guy would kill it as an announcer. He is believable in his bs and knows it all. Just ask him.
Reply/Quote
After 30 years isn't it time to hire coaches and personnel gurus with successful track records ,who know what they are doing, and put them in charge ????

In what world would any of the people who post here- if they owned the Bengals- would have a once in a generation chance to  draft Joe Burrow and then waste his career by keeping the coaches and personnel staff who have brought us the current debacle.

11 straight loses to the Steelers with the games getting even more lopsided the wrong way in a league that allegedly gives losing teams better draft opportunities than winning teams.
Reply/Quote