Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Rings: 1988 Cincinnati Bengals
I'm sure a lot of people knew about this documentary years ago, but I just found it today. So I'm sure plenty haven't seen it.

As someone who was only 7 back then, I learned a few things, and it's a great ride down memory lane. Great cast of characters on that 88 squad. Just like now.

The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, the Missing Rings was a good series.  I believe it won some Emmy awards, if I'm not mistaken.  And this was a good ep.  My favorite one though is for the '81 San Diego Chargers, because we play the spoilers in that one ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 07:24 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, the Missing Rings was a good series.  I believe it won some Emmy awards, if I'm not mistaken.  And this was a good ep.  My favorite one though is for the '81 San Diego Chargers, because we play the spoilers in that one ThumbsUp

81 Chargers was a good one. First time I really saw/heard that whiner Dan Fouts talking about the cold and being stuck in the airport. Just made me laugh while also liking him even less than I did before.
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2022, 11:58 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: 81 Chargers was a good one. First time I really saw/heard that whiner Dan Fouts talking about the cold and being stuck in the airport. Just made me laugh while also liking him even less than I did before.

Yes but let's remember that the whining jackwagon is in the HOF, so let's show the little ***** some respect  Mellow

Because of this discussion I looked up the eps on YouTube and watched one I hadn't seen before about the 1969 Vikings.  It gave me a whole new perspective on SB IV, which the usual highlights (very entertainingly, mind you) paint as the Hank Stram show.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Gonna bump once for anyone who hasn't seen it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote