Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor honeymoon is over
(09-15-2019, 07:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I rely on a steady diet of Bud Light and various liquors to level out those emotional roller coasters rides. Mellow

My mother said the same thing about my kindergarten graduation.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I get that brother, and I'm not saying anyone should be optimistic, pessimistic, or any other istic...just that I think it's crazy to try and define any head coach after 2 games, whether they have a great first couple of games or lousy ones. Jerry

I do agree with that...but I also think we can see that there isn't going to be an immediate turn-around and change of culture to a winning one. It's going to likely take years if it happens under Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The running game was abysmal in preseason and continues to be. Part of that reason is that the Bengals have bad OL. Another part is they have some of their better OL injured, making it worse.

As for defense, their DL was really good against SEA but was not good against SF. LBs are a liability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Losing Boling was big.

Jonah should be a good player. It's really hard to say.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Indeed. Also note: I didn't create this thread. I'm just participating in it like you are.

But, I do think the honeymoon is over. Not saying ZT needs fired, but this loss in this fashion ends the romantic notion that he was going to come in and turn us into a contender over night.

Honestly, even IF McVay coached this team, I don't know if he could win under Bengals Management. When McVay took over the Rams, they upgraded a few positions through free agency.

Imagine IF we added a good LB and an offensive lineman that could play like Saffold. Plus, Saffold knew the Rams system.

I agree they didn't do nearly enough in the offseason. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:34 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Counting on Glenn and Smith was really stupid to be fair. Neither have played a full season in a long time. 

Smith was waived in Arizona last year for poor play mid-season and fans here acted like moving him to LT would make him a Pro Bowl caliber guy.
Reply/Quote
He needs two or three years actually
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:45 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He needs two or three years actually

That equates to 16 years under Bengals Management.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:40 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I agree they didn't do nearly enough in the offseason. 

Agreed. You cant judge the coach when every coach has the same results under this managment. He may be a great coach or he may suck, I don't know. But when you get handed crappy free agents, sign your crap players to new contract instead of upgrading them and only use the draft to make the team better you are put in a loose loose situation. I really kind of feel for the guy as he is trying to make a name for himself with this management shit show.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:59 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Agreed. You cant judge the coach when every coach has the same results under this managment. He may be a great coach or he may suck, I don't know. But when you get handed crappy free agents, sign your crap players to new contract instead of upgrading them and only use the draft to make the team better you are put in a loose loose situation. I really kind of feel for the guy as he is trying to make a name for himself with this management shit show.

They drafted a blocking TE in the 2nd Round who barely has played in 2 games except for garbage time at the end. Let that sink in.

It's honestly like management said 'Lets do everything we can to hire a new HC and get the fanbase excited, then disappoint them in free agency and the draft.' And some people were still excited.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:59 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Agreed. You cant judge the coach when every coach has the same results under this managment. He may be a great coach or he may suck, I don't know. But when you get handed crappy free agents, sign your crap players to new contract instead of upgrading them and only use the draft to make the team better you are put in a loose loose situation. I really kind of feel for the guy as he is trying to make a name for himself with this management shit show.

Best case scenario for ZT is he shows promise here then gets fired after 3-4 years and some other team just thinks he failed because of management and he goes to an actual good team that is managed well.
Reply/Quote
Kind of wondering if he took himself out because he was playing bad?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
if they get slaughtered ny the Bills next week ill abandon ship
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 07:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Indeed. Also note: I didn't create this thread. I'm just participating in it like you are.

But, I do think the honeymoon is over. Not saying ZT needs fired, but this loss in this fashion ends the romantic notion that he was going to come in and turn us into a contender over night.

Honestly, even IF McVay coached this team, I don't know if he could win under Bengals Management. When McVay took over the Rams, they upgraded a few positions through free agency.

Imagine IF we added a good LB and an offensive lineman that could play like Saffold. Plus, Saffold knew the Rams system.

Yeah and one of those upgrades was our pro bowl left tackle. Brown family are a bunch of ______.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:17 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: if they get slaughtered ny the  Bills next week ill abandon ship

Fair weather fan lol.... jk
Reply/Quote
Taylor gives the old - We all need to do our jobs better:

Q: Do you throw away the film after a game like this?

“No. There are way too many corrections to be made. In Week 1, we didn’t have a lot of mental errors. In this one, we had a lot of mental errors. That’s just not what we’re about. We didn’t see that coming. It is what it is. We need to make those corrections. We need to be better as a coaching staff and as players, and it’s on all of us. Nobody can look at themselves and say, ‘I did my job.’ Everybody can look at that game and improve.”
Reply/Quote
Q: Why were the 49ers able to run the ball so effectively?

“We need to tackle better. We need to get off blocks and we need to tackle better. They’re a good rushing team. They invest a lot of time and energy (in rushing), and that’s always been their forte. We need to do a better job of getting off blocks and making tackles.”
Reply/Quote
ie Our DB's bit on play-action and got beat:

Did the defense’s mental errors lead to open receivers in the secondary?

“We just need to be better with our eyes. They do a really good job with the play-actions off the run game. When they’re running the ball so successfully and you’re hell-bent on stopping the run, that’s when they pop one on you over the top. That’s where you saw that come from.”
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 06:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Wyche coached under a competent owner.

This train wreck is inexperienced coaches, poor personnel, antiquated scouting, refusal to heavily use free agency, and injuries.

Same owner who hired Tiger Johnson versus Bill Wash.  Hilarious
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Geeze just imagine the result if the 49ers fooled us:

How would you describe the way you and your staff prepared the team for this game?

“We felt like we were prepared. The players bought in. We had a good plan on both sides of the ball. I had a good feel for what (the 49ers) were going to do both offensively and defensively. They didn’t do anything that surprised us. We just didn’t make the plays that came to us. ‘Embarrassing’ isn’t the word. This is football. It’s going to happen. You’re not going to play your best game sometimes. We just need to learn from this and not let it happen again.”
Reply/Quote
The old Marvin 'We got to block and tackle better.'

Was the defense confused as a result of San Francisco’s misdirection plays?

“We need to get off blocks and make tackles. That was the biggest thing in the running game that I saw. It wasn’t anything that we hadn’t seen before, but we need to be physical and get off the blocks and we can’t miss open tackles.”
Reply/Quote