Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor interested in ex-Seahawks OC
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:26 AM)Trademark Wrote:

That wouldn't be surprising if our head coach is Zac Taylor. Who would be the best hire in my opinion.

His wife is Sarah Sherman, daughter of former NFL head coach Mike Sherman.

Mike Sherman and Gary worked together, if I remember correctly, and Gary called Sherman the single greatest offensive lineman coach in NFL history.

Mike Sherman might be brought on as some sort of assistant.

As well as Press Taylor his brother.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Dwayne Haskins is going to thrive under Taylor and Bevell's expertise. Yep, I just went there.
Reply/Quote
He knows what he wants. I like it.

I must say, though, that both sides seem to be dancing all around the edges of the hiring playoff coaches rules, though.

But hey, since neither side owns a tv or computer or car radio or smartphone and therefore has no idea what the other side is thinking, it's all good.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:41 AM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: That wouldn't be surprising if our head coach is Zac Taylor. Who would be the best hire in my opinion.

His wife is Sarah Sherman, daughter of former NFL head coach Mike Sherman.

Mike Sherman and Gary worked together, if I remember correctly, and Gary called Sherman the single greatest offensive lineman coach in NFL history.

Mike Sherman might be brought on as some sort of assistant.

As well as Press Taylor his brother.

Who's Gary?
Reply/Quote
Huh.... weird. Darell Bevelle is a distant cousin of one of my coworkers/friends. She’s a big Seattle fan... I think that will change if Bevelle comes aboard with Taylor Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 02:03 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Who's Gary?

You know--Gary from Accounting.  Tall, skinny guy, light brown comb over, gold rimmed glasses. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

[Image: Tiedosto%3AGary_Busey_2007.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bevelle is credited with scouting and developing Russell Wilson. 
Reply/Quote

Talking about Gary Kubiak. Gary Kubiak, Darrell Bevelle and Press Taylor would have to be seen as being possible candidates for a job on the offensive side of the ball.

As well as Mike Sherman as some sort of assistant.

That in all honesty is probably why we requested an interview for Gary Kubiak to be our OC, because of the Sherman connection.
[Image: i-8rLM4gw-M.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Which juggernaut offense has Kubiak built exactly? 

Never mind.. old father time made me forget about those Denver offenses. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Please don’t bring Gary in as OC. Is passing game coordinator a lateral position to offensive coordinator? Bc i want Shane Waldron for OC!! Press can be QB coach and Sherman can be an assistant head coach help pollack out with Oline
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Choosing between Gary Kubiak and Darrell Bevell is way better than choosing between Hue Jackson and Bill Lazor.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 04:53 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Choosing between Gary Kubiak and Darrell Bevell is way better than choosing between Hue Jackson and Bill Lazor.

X2

X10

X1000!
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 04:40 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: Please don’t bring Gary in as OC. Is passing game coordinator a lateral position to offensive coordinator? Bc i want Shane Waldron for OC!! Press can be QB coach and Sherman can be an assistant head coach help pollack out with Oline

The Rams have two offensive coordinators, one for the passing game and one for the running game.

I don't see Waldron coming here to be OC, as he already has a coordinator job with a better organization.  Take a look at the coaching staff page on the Rams' website.  Also the site has several videos of Waldron giving post-game pressers.  There are none for Zac as he is a lowly position coach, not a coordinator.
Miss Otis regrets she's unable to lunch today.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:53 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Dwayne Haskins is going to thrive under Taylor and Bevell's expertise. Yep, I just went there.

I sure hope this team doesn’t waste a good draft pick on Haskins who is this years OSU homer that will stink it up in the NFL. Last years homer everyone wanted and we got Billy Price wasn’t that impressive. I wish all you OSU fans would be more objective and leave your “Buckeye Passion” at the collegiate level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 09:25 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I sure hope this team doesn’t waste a good draft pick on Haskins who is this years OSU homer that will stink it up in the NFL. Last years homer everyone wanted and we got Billy Price wasn’t that impressive. I wish all you OSU fans would be more objective and leave your “Buckeye Passion” at the collegiate level.

I said something similar to this a few years ago and got ripped a new one a thousand times over Ninja

Best of luck to you, sir
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 09:25 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I sure hope this team doesn’t waste a good draft pick on Haskins who is this years OSU homer that will stink it up in the NFL.  Last years homer everyone wanted and we got Billy Price wasn’t that impressive.  I wish all you OSU fans would be more objective and leave your “Buckeye Passion” at the collegiate level.

I'm a Buckeye fan, and I consider myself to be fairly objective.  The fact is that Ohio St. puts out some pretty good football players, just check around some NFL rosters and you'll find a few of them.

Perhaps it is you that should suppress your obvious hatred of OSU and their fans, and look at things a little more objectively?  After all, it does get a bit tiring to see "OSU homers", get thrown around, every time a player that happens to have played at Ohio St. is mentioned.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:26 AM)Trademark Wrote:

All these idiots running with rumors are going to look stupid if they announce Bieniemy..
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 09:25 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I sure hope this team doesn’t waste a good draft pick on Haskins who is this years OSU homer that will stink it up in the NFL. Last years homer everyone wanted and we got Billy Price wasn’t that impressive. I wish all you OSU fans would be more objective and leave your “Buckeye Passion” at the collegiate level.

It is a bit of an issue on this board. You have to take many opinions of OSU players with a grain of salt because many people look at the prospects as a Buckeye fan instead of trying to see if they have transferable skills.
Reply/Quote