Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor interested in ex-Seahawks OC
(01-17-2019, 11:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Careful what we wish for.  The Bengals just got out of a situation with a very experienced OL coach, that was also Assistant HC...

I getcha, but PA is like gum on the bottom of Callahan's shoe. Callahan may be the best OL coach in the league. 

Plus he's 62 years old. We don't have to worry about him hanging around for 20+ years. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 01:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I getcha, but PA is like gum on the bottom of Callahan's shoe. Callahan may be the best OL coach in the league. 

Plus he's 62 years old. We don't have to worry about him hanging around for 20+ years. 

True that, and he hasn't seemed to have lost a step either. Was really impressed with that Skins Line when their starting Center and a couple other starters went down a couple years ago. He had backups and namely a rookie Center in Roullier starting and they played commendable. I think this is the true test of a coach, when injuries happen, how do the backups step up?
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 04:53 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Choosing between Gary Kubiak and Darrell Bevell is way better than choosing between Hue Jackson and Bill Lazor.
We're suddenly in an alternate reality.  A much better one.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 01:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No one is saying to hire him as HC.  Dick LeBeau was a bad head coach but a Hall-of-Fame DC.

He called the plays as head coach as well and the offense was dreadful.  I dont want him on the staff in any capacity...the offense he runs is dated.  Unless he adapts or gets to a team that has supreme talent advantages he will not be effective.  Mccarthys offense struggled most of last year with one of the best qbs in the history or the nfl.  If the scheme struggles with arod and adams I dunno why anybody would think it would work here.  Gbay was in middle of pack with bengals in scoring offense last year.  The rams offensive system and mcadoos offensive system are so different that I dont see that ever meshing.  Good news is I doubt zac taylor would even consider this scrub.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2019, 08:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Doesn't change the fact that he pointed out three of the best overall players currently in the NFL came from OSU.  

Tom Brady played at Michigan. I think he is probably the best player in the NFL! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote