Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor interested in ex-Seahawks OC
(01-12-2019, 09:25 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I sure hope this team doesn’t waste a good draft pick on Haskins who is this years OSU homer that will stink it up in the NFL.  Last years homer everyone wanted and we got Billy Price wasn’t that impressive.  I wish all you OSU fans would be more objective and leave your “Buckeye Passion” at the collegiate level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Price was impressive, for those who had realistic expectations of a 1st year Center..... most of who don't even play their 1st year. And then given the fact he missed the 1st half of the season with injury, he did just fine.
Reply/Quote
I remember getting called a homer for wanting Michael Thomas a few years ago...
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 09:25 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I sure hope this team doesn’t waste a good draft pick on Haskins who is this years OSU homer that will stink it up in the NFL.  Last years homer everyone wanted and we got Billy Price wasn’t that impressive.  I wish all you OSU fans would be more objective and leave your “Buckeye Passion” at the collegiate level.

Do you see the future?  How the hell can you possibly know what kind of career he will have?  Answer--you have no ***** idea.  So just stop.

Signed--

Joey Bosa, Mike Thomas, Zeke Elliott, to name a few.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

I was one that wanted Price, and although his rookie season was less than stellar, he was a significant upgrade.  And having been injured at the combine, having very little training ability before camp, and being injured early in the season all have to be taken in to account when looking at his rookie season.

I am not an OSU homer, but I do think Price is going to show the Bengals made the right move in drafting him this year.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:18 AM)McC Wrote: Do you see the future?  How the hell can you possibly know what kind of career he will have?  Answer--you have no ***** idea.  So just stop.

Signed--

My early vote for 2019 Post of the Year.  
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I was one that wanted Price, and although his rookie season was less than stellar, he was a significant upgrade.  And having been injured at the combine, having very little training ability before camp, and being injured early in the season all have to be taken in to account when looking at his rookie season.

I am not an OSU homer, but I do think Price is going to show the Bengals made the right move in drafting him this year.  

Exactly!!!! The only way you could not be happy with Price is if you had unrealistic expectations of a 1st year Center, let alone a 1st year Center hampered by a shitty Right Guard.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:53 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Dwayne Haskins is going to thrive under Taylor and Bevell's expertise. Yep, I just went there.

Andy shat his pants when Marvin was fired.......safety net removed. The clock is finally ticking on Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:24 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Andy shat his pants when Marvin was fired.......safety net removed. The clock is finally ticking on Dalton.

Being as old as I am, I remember the same thing back when people wanted to get rid of Kenny, when Kenny was not even close to being the problem. The more things change, the more they stay the same.....
Reply/Quote
I disagree whole heartedly about a center coming in starting and exceeding.....the following first rounders didn't seem to have a problem..

Travis Frederick - Cowboys
Alex Mack - Falcons
M Pouncey - Steelers

These were all day 1 starters who were plug n play. Quit making excuses for Billy Price, he ranked lower than Russel Bodine who we couldn't wait to get rid of.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:28 AM)corpjet Wrote: I disagree whole heartedly about a center coming in starting and exceeding.....the following first rounders didn't seem to have a problem..

Alex Mack - Falcons
M Pouncey - Steelers

These were all day 1 starters who were plug n play.  Quit making excuses for Billy Price, he ranked lower than Russel Bodine who we couldn't wait to get rid of.

So three centers huh? Kind of like saying all Wide Receivers should come in every year and be AJ Green, when every coach will tell you it normally takes a WR 3 years....
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Exactly!!!! The only way you could not be happy with Price is if you had unrealistic expectations of a 1st year Center, let alone a 1st year Center hampered by a shitty Right Guard.

And I will add that he largely kept Dalton clean, something Bodine never did, despite his injury which greatly impacted his ability to drive block.  Ask Lapham and he will say the worst injury for an offensive lineman is his feet.  Can't plant and can't drive.  He's a tough guy that has leadership qualities.  I still have high hopes for him.  
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:24 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Andy shat his pants when Marvin was fired.......safety net removed. The clock is finally ticking on Dalton.

I can see why Andy would be nervous...the only times he had a real OC he posted a 106 QB rating and was talked about as league MVP before injury.  Yeah, he must hate Marvin and Co being gone.  
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I can see why Andy would be nervous...the only times he had a real OC he posted a 106 QB rating and was talked about as league MVP before injury.  Yeah, he must hate Marvin and Co being gone.  

Gruden was a good OC.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Gruden was a good OC.

Fair enough.  And a rookie 2nd rounder QB with no OTAs took at team that was projected by many to go 0-16 to the playoffs.  I give Dalton and Gruden a lot of credit for that.  The OP that mentioned how Dalton must be crapping his pants now that Marvin was gone was way off base, IMHO, and that was what I was trying to convey.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:28 AM)corpjet Wrote: I disagree whole heartedly about a center coming in starting and exceeding.....the following first rounders didn't seem to have a problem..

Alex Mack - Falcons
M Pouncey - Steelers

These were all day 1 starters who were plug n play.  Quit making excuses for Billy Price, he ranked lower than Russel Bodine who we couldn't wait to get rid of.

You have to compare the talent around those players, their injury status coming in to and during their rookie season to be fair.  That's OK.  With a full offseason and a new OC, I think Price will have a lot of fans after next season.  I can see why everyone expected more for the #20 pick in Rd 1 because a Center isn't sexy like a WR, or QB.  

And where did he rank lower than Bodine?  From my eyes, he wasn't shoved in to Dalton's face like we saw so much from Bodine.  
Reply/Quote

Alex Mack - Falcons
M Pouncey - Steelers

Out of the Top 5 centers last year only Price actually played Center. Frank Ragnow, James Daniels, Will Clapp (preseason only), and Bradley Bozeman all played LG. Out of all the Centers taken the James Daniels probably had the best season but was average at best.

Typically Offensive Linemen make their biggest jump in year 2. It is way to early to write off Billy Price.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:53 AM)JumboTron Wrote: Dwayne Haskins is going to thrive under Taylor and Bevell's expertise. Yep, I just went there.

You know how many qb needy teams pick before us right? A lot of wishful thinking around here about Haskins but it ain’t going to happen.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:17 PM)motoarch Wrote: You know how many qb needy teams pick before us right?  A lot of wishful thinking around here about Haskins but it ain’t going to happen.

Absolutely right!  Dwayne Haskins will be long gone before the Bengals pick.  Personally, as an Ohio State alumnus, I believe Dwayne should have stayed in Columbus at least another year.  It bothers me when sophomores -- or even juniors -- declare for the NFL and if I could change the eligibility ruled to "seniors only" I would. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:18 AM)McC Wrote: Do you see the future?  How the hell can you possibly know what kind of career he will have?  Answer--you have no ***** idea.  So just stop.

Signed--

When it comes to OSU QB's in the NFL we can kind of speculate.

https://www.ranker.com/list/best-ohio-state-buckeyes-quarterbacks/ranker-college-football

Not exactly a list of Hall of Famers.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:29 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: When it comes to OSU QB's in the NFL we can kind of speculate.

https://www.ranker.com/list/best-ohio-state-buckeyes-quarterbacks/ranker-college-football

Not exactly a list of Hall of Famers.

No college program puts out franchise QBs regularly.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote